Does anyone else sort of miss John Kerry's campaign now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:30:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone else sort of miss John Kerry's campaign now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone else sort of miss John Kerry's campaign now?  (Read 1128 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »

I do. He wasn't a good candidate, I'm very glad he didn't run again (hell I gained a lot more respect for him by not doing so.) But for some reason he really inspired me in 2004, almost as much as Obama now. Back then we (the Democrats) were united, whereareas now I have no doubt that infighting will continue until the general even with Obama as the nominee (some of the things die-hard Hillary partisans are saying on DU are making me shudder).

I suppose he's the first presidential candidate I ever voted for so his campaign will always be important to me.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »

Right from when he won the Iowa caucus, I wondered why they decided Kerry was the best nominee. He was a lightweight from the start.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 05:25:13 PM »

Not really.  His voice annoys me.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »

Didn't you support Clark?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »

No. Beating up on him wasn't really all that fun. It's fantastic when we get to do it to Hillary and overated Obama.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »

In the primary yes, but I'm referring to the general election which I cared a lot more about. I cared more about getting the primaries over with and on the offensive against Bush than my candidate winning.
perdedor

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 11:16:57 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2008, 12:51:01 AM by perdedor »

Yes, how united we were. We were so united that we failed to beat George W. Bush in a national election in the midst of the Iraq war blunder. Kerry was a joke. I vomited in my mouth when I finally realized that he was the inevitable nominee. We might as well have just endorsed Bush, we threw that election away by nominating Kerry.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 12:45:42 AM »

I don't. Replacing one incompetent with someone only marginally more competent? Well, I guess it would have been a slight improvement.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 04:59:29 AM »

Yes, how united we were. We were so united that we failed to beat George W. Bush in a national election in the midst of the Iraq war blunder. Kerry was a joke. I vomited in my mouth when I finally realized that he was the inevitable nominee. We might as well have just endorsed Bush, we threw that election away by nominating Kerry.

But it was pretty damn impressive, considering. Bush should have wrapped up the election 1984-style.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 03:51:32 PM »

I miss Teresa Heinz Kerry saying "chuv it" Wink
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:57:42 PM »

No, lol.  Early unity is vastly overrated.  All I know is that whoever emerges as the Democratic nominee will be a damn good candidate.
perdedor

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 05:57:10 PM »

But it was pretty damn impressive, considering. Bush should have wrapped up the election 1984-style.

What on Earth gives you the idea that Bush should have so won that election so overwhelmingly? While not nearly as low as they are now, his approval ratings were putrid and a vast majority of people were fed up with Iraq and his domestic blunders. That election was Kerry's to lose, and he did a great job of that.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 06:21:48 PM »

Despite many of his flaws, John Kerry was definteley the best candidate the Democrats had to offer in 2004.  Which is why I supported him from the very start.   Any of the other candidates would have lost by much larger margins to Bush.   Kerry would have done better if he chose Gephardt as VP instead of the Breck Girl, who was utterley worthless.

But then again, in the middle of a war and a booming economy, America was going to keep the incumbent no matter which candidate the Dems came up with.   But it was fun watching the Repubs sweat a little bit because no matter what the Repubs say now, he was quite a formidable opponent.   But destined to lose, nonetheless.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »

If Obama is your nominee I will indeed miss Mr. Kerry.

But.... the Clintons aren't going to let that happen, at least not before tearing him to bite size pieces.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »

Right from when he won the Iowa caucus, I wondered why they decided Kerry was the best nominee. He was a lightweight from the start.

I couldn't disagree more.  But then, I'm a lefty-liberal with a great fondness for war heroes.  I even like McCain.  :-)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

Democrats have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in Presidential races.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »

I've been wondering about this recent trend of revisionist history that Bush was as unpopular (or close to it) in 2004 as he is now, because that's very very far from the truth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies