Is 8 years as a state senator not adequate "experience"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:07:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is 8 years as a state senator not adequate "experience"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is 8 years as a state senator not adequate "experience"?  (Read 1890 times)
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« on: January 12, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »

If your state legislature is anything like ours, serving 8 years in it should possibly be a disqualifer for higher office.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »

Given the mistake we made the current president and his lack of any experience, I feel like some experience is necessary...and I'm not sure how Illinois' legislative sessions are done, but I think 8 years just isn't enough...sure maybe he has some domestic policy experience, but I just don't know if his 3 or so years in the senate makes up for it.

But perhaps he has other qualities which will, and should likely, make him infinitely better than the dope in chief

President Bush spent six years as Governor of Texas- and was re-elected with 69% of the vote.

If I recall correctly, and I also remember the point being made during the 2000 campaign, that as governors go, the Governor of Texas does very little and has far fewer responsibilities compared to other governors.

correct. the only power the governor of texas really has is choosing his secretary of state and even then the nominee has to get the approval of the legislature.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies