Carpetbaggers... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:59:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Carpetbaggers... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carpetbaggers...  (Read 3862 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 10, 2004, 01:31:07 AM »

The people that complain about it probably won't vote for the candidate regardless of residency.  Look at Keystone Phil moaning about Allyson Schwartz.  She lived what a mile or two outside of PA-13.  

Hmmmm now isn't that funny? Remember when you brought up that Brown lived in Tennessee and tried to make that an issue until I brought up the fact that Schwartz lived in NY? Remember that Handzus? Point is, you want to make it an issue when it helps you but want to run away from it when it will hurt you. I, on the other hand, have been very critical of carpetbagging. I never like when a candidate, Republican or Democrat, moves somewhere for political gain. I have even stated that if I lived in Illinois, I most likely would not vote for Keyes and probably just write in a candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 01:54:13 AM »

Yes, but there is a difference between one mile and a few states.  Both Schwartz and Brown were born and raised in other states.  

Difference than one mile and a few states? Brown has been here much longer than Schwartz. While Schwartz was just "one mile" away, Brown was living here, raising her family. Don't make it seem that while Brown was in TN (she only lived there for a year or two, actually), Schwartz was just a mile away from the district.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Want to know what's laughable? The fact that your candidate is not addressing the issue that is important to voters here. Brown is not running around telling voters what is important, she is just addressing something they want addressed.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies