Carpetbaggers... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:05:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Carpetbaggers... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carpetbaggers...  (Read 3845 times)
ijohn57s

« on: August 09, 2004, 08:14:36 PM »

no amendment necessary.  Let the people elect whomever they want

I agree with that. If they feel that a "carpet-bagger" candidate is a better person for the job, they should be able to vote for that candidate.
ijohn57s

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 09:03:45 PM »

I don't know, I don't have that big of a problem with it. If somebody comes in from out of state and they aren't who people want, they won't get voted in. People should choose - if there is someone from out of state that people like, they can vote them in.

Obviously, though, if you're going to do it you have to look like you're not doing it. That's what I think Keyes' other problem is. Keyes looks like he's doing it, Hillary didn't. He's not going to be able to get away with the "I care about the people in this state so much that I had to come up here and run..." and all that because he's too far right for a state like Illinois. Why he's going up there to get chewed up and spit out, embarrassed, made a fool of, etc., I don't know. He could be a very formidable candidate elsewhere. He's a smart guy, but it seems to be a waste running him in Illinois, I think. I don't know, let the voters decide.

Keyes said today in an interview with Sean Hannity that he doesn't agree with it if you're doing it for your own personal advancement. He said that his reason for doing so is that he wants the conservative viewpoint to be represented.

BTW, I can't wait to see the debates between Keyes and Obama. They are both very articulate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies