My Campaign Headquarters.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:13:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My Campaign Headquarters.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Campaign Headquarters.  (Read 1923 times)
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2004, 07:13:12 PM »

I will post my thoughts on whats going on and update everyone with campaign news and my viewpoints on some Issues. I also want to wish my opponits good luck.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 07:38:52 PM »

I am going to talk about Abortion and Same Sex- Marriage. My stance on abortion is I am opposed to any and all Partial Birth abortions, the only abortions I find acceptable are in a case of rape, or if the mothers life is at risk.
   This is a Cliché but I think marriage is between a man and a woman, I support civil-Unions. One of the most important issues facing the American people today is the Skyrocketing cost of medical malpractice insurance. Law’s need to be put in place to protect doctors against these outrages bills.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 11:38:18 PM »

This afternoon it was made official that I have won the Republican Primary for the old district 2 senate seat. I gladly accept my parties nomination and I want to thank everyone for there support. Now its time to talk about Akno; hear is what he said in a recent speech.

“Throughout this race, my opponents will try to paint me as a radical liberal. I am a liberal, yes, but I don't believe there is anything wrong with that. If being a liberal means you are for universal health care, it is good to be a liberal. If being a liberal means being for increased funding for public education, it is good to be a liberal. If being a liberal means being for separation of church and state, it's good to be a liberal.

I am certainly not soft in foreign policy. I support our actions in Sudan. I recently voted for it, and I support the actions of Defense Sec. John Ford.

Together, we can make America better, we can make America safer, and we can make the World Safer. If we do this, we will have accomplished something to be very proud of, it should be our goal.

Thank you West Virginia!
Vote Akno21!”

Well Akno I have something to say about that. If being a liberal means you are for the killing of innocent babies, it’s bad to be a liberal. If being a liberal means you are for dissolving the sanctity of marriage, it’s bad to be a liberal. If being a liberal means that you think the wealthy should have an obligation to support the rest of the country through outrages tax rates, it’s bad to be a liberal. I do not think that wealthy Americans have an obligation to support people who are less fortunate. If a millionaire wants to help a lower income person then that’s great, but they should not be forced to by law! The tax rate should be the same for every American. People that make 20,000$ a year and the people that make 300,000$ a year both work hard for that money.
   You want to make America a safer place; however you party supports the legalization of some drugs, and thinks that “adult Americans can be trusted more than legislators to make their own decisions regarding drug use.” Please senator, tell me how that could make anything safer? Last year alone there were 14,000 drug related homicides. Nearly 5% of all Homicides in the country. Almost 20,000 Children were left in foster care because there parents were either arrested or killed resulting from drug activity.
     The Democratic and Republican parties are too divided, in politics as well as anything in life you need to be able to compromise, you don’t have to agree about everything but there is one thing everyone should agree on, and that’s that they are hear to do one thing and that is make this great land a better place for everyone.

- Thank you and Goodnight.
   -RReagan4EVER

Hermit
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 01:40:15 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2004, 01:42:29 AM by Hermit »

For some reason it won't let me quote you. Well, here:

RonReagan4EVER said:
You want to make America a safer place; however you party supports the legalization of some drugs, and thinks that “adult Americans can be trusted more than legislators to make their own decisions regarding drug use.” Please senator, tell me how that could make anything safer? Last year alone there were 14,000 drug related homicides. Nearly 5% of all Homicides in the country. Almost 20,000 Children were left in foster care because there parents were either arrested or killed resulting from drug activity.

During Prohibition, alcohol had to be brewed in hidden stills and bathtubs. Ultra-strong "wood" and "grain" alcohol could easily cause blindness or even death, yet people continued to consume it en masse. And yet, far more people died from violence relating to liquor smuggling than from all alcohol-based problems combined. Legalization of drugs would cut the legs out from the crime syndicates. Those 14,000 homicides would drop dramatically. Government inspection of drugs would make sure that rat poision or bleach or other dangerous substances aren't placed in the drugs. Safer methods to get the same high would be sought out by research that is currently illegal. And, looking back to Prohibtion once more, history shows that when given the choice, people in general prefer the "softer" substances, like beer over gin or moonshine.

If you're really looking for understanding on this issue, and not just looking to further some moral crusade, I encourage you to read this:
http://www.liberalia.com/htm/cm_drugs_prohibition.htm
It's a bit lengthy, but very well presented, written, and researched.

History repeats itseld, Mr. Reagan. It's happening right now. We know what's needed to stop it, and to save thousands of life from being ruined, save billions of dollars from being squandered. Consider the alternatives.
Hermit
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 02:24:30 AM »

I think the fact that, as you said, Akno21 and his party support the legalization of drugs, and the fact that you do not combine to make this, by definition, a two-sided issue. Ignoring the other side doesn't mean it's not there.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 11:00:53 AM »

Let's say there is a flat potato tax of 10%.

Andy has 10 potatoes.  His taxes amount to one potato, leaving him with 9 potatoes.
Bob has 100000 potatoes.  His taxes amount to 10000 potatoes, leaving him with 90000 potatoes.

Now, which amount hurt the person more: Andy losing 1 potato, or Bob losing 10000?  Simple: Andy, because he has less to spare.
RReagan4EVER
motomoto4510645106
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 11:47:25 PM »

Let's say there is a flat potato tax of 10%.

Andy has 10 potatoes.  His taxes amount to one potato, leaving him with 9 potatoes.
Bob has 100000 potatoes.  His taxes amount to 10000 potatoes, leaving him with 90000 potatoes.

Now, which amount hurt the person more: Andy losing 1 potato, or Bob losing 10000?  Simple: Andy, because he has less to spare.

That may be so but I still do not think I do not think that wealthy Americans have an obligation to support people who have lower income.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 06:53:24 AM »

This afternoon it was made official that I have won the Republican Primary for the old district 2 senate seat. I gladly accept my parties nomination and I want to thank everyone for there support. Now its time to talk about Akno; hear is what he said in a recent speech.

“Throughout this race, my opponents will try to paint me as a radical liberal. I am a liberal, yes, but I don't believe there is anything wrong with that. If being a liberal means you are for universal health care, it is good to be a liberal. If being a liberal means being for increased funding for public education, it is good to be a liberal. If being a liberal means being for separation of church and state, it's good to be a liberal.

I am certainly not soft in foreign policy. I support our actions in Sudan. I recently voted for it, and I support the actions of Defense Sec. John Ford.

Together, we can make America better, we can make America safer, and we can make the World Safer. If we do this, we will have accomplished something to be very proud of, it should be our goal.

Thank you West Virginia!
Vote Akno21!”

Well Akno I have something to say about that. If being a liberal means you are for the killing of innocent babies, it’s bad to be a liberal. If being a liberal means you are for dissolving the sanctity of marriage, it’s bad to be a liberal. If being a liberal means that you think the wealthy should have an obligation to support the rest of the country through outrages tax rates, it’s bad to be a liberal. I do not think that wealthy Americans have an obligation to support people who are less fortunate. If a millionaire wants to help a lower income person then that’s great, but they should not be forced to by law! The tax rate should be the same for every American. People that make 20,000$ a year and the people that make 300,000$ a year both work hard for that money.
     The Democratic and Republican parties are too divided, in politics as well as anything in life you need to be able to compromise, you don’t have to agree about everything but there is one thing everyone should agree on, and that’s that they are hear to do one thing and that is make this great land a better place for everyone.

- Thank you and Goodnight.
   -RReagan4EVER

About the abortion issue, if it were COMPLETELY CLEAR AND UNDISPUTABLE SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN FACT that abortion was murder OR that there was nothing wrong with it, the nation would not be split 50/50 on the issue, and most people would be to one side of the other.

What is worse, "Destroying the sanctity of marriage", which I am still curious how it does that, or Disriminating against other people and not letting them have the same rights everybody else has. How does it hurt you? RReagan4EVER, how are you hurt if 2 gay people get married?

And you want to make America a safer place, but you support gun laws to be relaxed? Do you want it to be easier for people to be able to have guns and go out in public with them. I belive, for the most part, the war on drugs has failed.

Would you support lowering the drinking age to 18? I would.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 07:33:19 PM »

RReagan4ever,

Not all rich people work hard for their money and mostly probably not as hard as those with low incomes. If you want to argue that the state does not have the right to reditribute wealth in society, then that's fine but your current argument is kind of weak.

If you think we should legislate against things that cause damage to people and the society I can't see how you can be such a conservative. What about guns? Alcohol? What about personal freedom, something I thought conservatives valued dearly?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies