Wake up call to the Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wake up call to the Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wake up call to the Republicans  (Read 1880 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »

As a member of the Left Wing of the Republican Party, I'm no fan of Mitt either...he's a better dressed used car salesman

since we come from the same wing of the gop, you should join me in supporting hillary.

Surprisingly, I've come to tolerate the Clintons, and I think she's the most qualified Democrat, but I sort of like Obama too...

However, I haven't given out hope for a solid candidate like McCain, or Rudy (whose often crazy sounding rhetoric may just be a ploy in primary season...I hope).

But I would have no hesitation voting for Hillary if Willard Mitt is the party's nominee.

I'd feel better with Hillary running the country than Barack, that's for sure. I was pulling for Mitt last night because I still am hoping enough fragmentation in the party will allow Rudy to win Florida and become viable again.

Mitt is as fake as they get. He won't get those jobs back in Michigan. No president can. If they have gone overseas, only the industry can bring them back, and in this globalized economy we have today, it isn't profitable to do that.

I could eat crow if my rooting for Mitt backfires on me and he win the nomination. I may be forced to pray that Bloomberg runs. If it is Barack v. Romney, I may have a hard time voting for either. I don't think I can vote for Hillary either, but if Bill will be in the White House, I can tolerate that. I just won't be happy.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »

Rudy knows how to beat the Clintons! Why everyone has run away from him all of a sudden is a mystery to me. Hopefully now that McCain lost, he will regain some support.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »

First, Romney isn't unelectable. He is very smart, even if he has negatives, and people probably thought what you thought in 2002 when it wasn't clear if he was a resident of MA, he had chosen Muffy as his running mate and faced off against Shannon O'Brien (who, interestingly, had fellow 2008er Hillary Clinton campaign for her prominently) for the chance to replace a total failure of a Republican executive, in Swift (sound familiar?).  Romney has run this same race before (replacing failure Bush to keep the GOP in control, despite that failure, against a woman who wasn't an inconsequential opponent) and pulled it off in MA, which is more liberal than the US at large. 

If you win the nomination for the GOP, because unexpected things can happen in a campaign, Romney will have a much higher chance of winning the WH than 0%, I assure you. Hell, it was amazing Bush beat Gore in 2000, but it happened!

Bush lead Gore by a solid margin all the way through until the DUI came out. Only then did it become competitive. I've yet to see a poll with Romney comfortably ahead of Clinton or Obama. In fact, I have yet to find a poll where Romney is competitive with anyone in a general.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies