Wake up call to the Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:20:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wake up call to the Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wake up call to the Republicans  (Read 1867 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: January 16, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »

Phil,

I'm not a Republican, of course.  But I think you're absolutely right.  McCain comes with POSITIVE "baggage" -- his patriotism and heroism, his willingness to think and act independently.  Giuliani I am less enthusiastic about.  But Willard Mitt Romney would be a disaster for your party and for America.

My hackish side loves the idea of Willard Mitt or Huckabee as the nominee, because it would almost guarantee a Democratic victory.

But the side of me that goes beyond partisanship detests the idea.  If it's Obama-McCain, Clinton-McCain or Edwards-McCain...I would be a lot more optimistic about the future of the country...whoever wins.

Romney was a mediocre one term governor who just happens to be fabulously rich.  We have had one of those for eight years now.  Time for -- dare I say it?  Change.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »

The Clintons pretty much have it made.  Clinton Inc will roll over Obama by doing whatever it takes to destoy him.  Republicans seem more interested in destroying each other and obtaining the resulting worthless nomination.

The Clinton soap opera will be back in the White House, although good luck governing with her negatives.  Hillary is the most polarizing figure since Nixon.

Ag, you bring up my primary objection to Mrs. Clinton.  Not that I believe the right wing smear machine, but it takes a vigorously polarizing figure to get that machine started.  She would be the one to do it, even if she suddenly found a cure for cancer and declared herself opposed to all tax increases.  She won't be able to govern without a supermajority.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies