Wake up call to the Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:57:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wake up call to the Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wake up call to the Republicans  (Read 1876 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: January 16, 2008, 03:30:24 AM »

We saw what could happen tonight, folks. Michigan Republicans gave Mr. "I don't want to go back to Reagan-Bush" his nice, comfortable victory because his father was a popular "brainwashed" Governor who never had a real chance at the Presidency. He's now back in the game with a chance at snatching two victories this weekend.

It's embarrassing that conservative Republicans have fallen for this guy's BS. I'm so ashamed that so many people could be tricked so easily. We have the chance to correct it. If he isn't stopped, we're going into a General election with a complete fraud. Say what you want about McCain, Huckabee, Rudy and Thompson but you can't call them phoney. Mitt is a sham. I have never seen someone do an ideological makeover like this guy has and if you don't think he'll be hit on it by November then you're blind. Remember Kerry's flip flopping? This guy is clearly worse.

I don't want this to sound like a bunch of demands. "Nominate my guy or else!" I don't work that way. However, there are enough people out there like myself who are so disgusted with this guy that the party can't afford to take a risk with him and our complaints are legitimate. This will be my first Presidential election and it really is something when I can't fully bring myself to say that I'd vote for this guy if he was the nominee. That's really saying something.

Put an end to this show, people. Put an end to this guy who laughed in our faces tonight after quoting Reagan and George H.W. Bush just fourteen years after he said he didn't want to "go back" to what they promoted and how he was an independent back then. There is something seriously wrong with people if we let this joke get away with this.

We have been warned.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »

I don't support Mc Cain because I am conservative. His stance on immigration, gay marriage and lots of other things are a problem for me. Mc Cain is maybe the most electable in GE, but when I want to vote for a liberal I vote for a democrat.

McCain is not a liberal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:36:03 PM »

Methinks most of you protesteth too much.

Your nervous nellie comments border on hysteria.

If Romney becomes the Republican nominee, and I am not saying he will become the Republican nominee, but if he is the nominee, make no mistake, he will be competitive.  The course of the campaign will see the election tighten considerably.

Hillary Clinton is the most polarizing figure in national politics the nation has ever seen.  Her negatives are very high.  Romney is completely capable of mixing it up with anyone, including the Clintons.

Romney will portray himself as the best one to fix the economy.  The economy will dominate the campaign.  His impressive record as a CEO will back this up, and voters will be impressed. 

You may not like Romney, but he does have a certain appeal and charisma, and he is a candidate to be reckoned with.   

Ok that's great that you think he's a great candidate and that he can win but some of us dislike this man based on his lack of principles, the complete ideology change, the "say anything" factor, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies