What is your opinion of this Part 2. Also graphic!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:09:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What is your opinion of this Part 2. Also graphic!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What is your opinion of this Part 2. Also graphic!!!  (Read 4083 times)
David S
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »
« edited: January 16, 2008, 05:14:27 PM by David S »

If you were appalled by the clubbing of baby seals what do you think of these?
Warning -The picture below are hideous. If you are squeamish do not scroll down.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »

Why are you doing this?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »

Hey David S, when you see pictures of children dying of starvation in Africa, nothing gets your blood boiling more than the idea that the US should invest in foreign aid, right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 06:24:06 PM »

This was done to see if what I said in another thread is true. I said that the images of the aborted baby would not be allowed while the clubbing of baby seals is allowed to play to our emotions. Hopefully, I am wrong.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 06:46:02 PM »

Hey David S, when you see pictures of children dying of starvation in Africa, nothing gets your blood boiling more than the idea that the US should invest in foreign aid, right?

A substantial amount of that Aid it should be pointed out (Certainly NOT ALL OF IT though) ends up leading towards pictures of dead children in Africa, not stopping it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »

This was done to see if what I said in another thread is true. I said that the images of the aborted baby would not be allowed while the clubbing of baby seals is allowed to play to our emotions. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Frankly, both threads are unnecessary.  What are we going to see next?  Two guys doing each other, in order to promote a debate on gay marriage?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »

What are we going to see next?  Two guys doing each other, in order to promote a debate on gay marriage?

Homophobe. Why don't you just spew your hatred in your signature?

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 07:44:52 PM »

Warning -The picture below are hideous. If you are squeamish do not scroll down.

And I've seen my mother sobbing in pain sitting in a whirl pool with bleach water blowing into a football sized gaping hole in her stomach because she got a nasty infection during surgery in the hospital.

There are some really awful things that happen in this world.  And a great many of them are a hell of a lot worse than abortions and clubbing baby seals.

But keep it coming David.. it's amusing.  What next?  A tax man walking into a nursing home?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »

Very graphic, to be sure. I think abortion is a horrible practice, but for reasons I’ve laid out in other threads I’m pro choice. If you can live with aborting your kid I think that’s punishment enough honestly. I mean, with respect to my pro life friends, it’s not always that easy a decision to make, and many people who have abortion’s agonize over their decision to have one. Also, pictures like this really irk me. The pro life group on my campus puts these pictures in plain view all the time, and really, it’s not something I want to see when I’m on my way to lunch, you know? I don’t mind seeing them here as a warning was given.   
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »

This is absurd; even though I don't like abortion, there is no reason for these pictures to be put here.  Pro-life people who use these pictures and silly little facts are just trying to emotionally blackmail us into agreeing with them.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 08:32:57 PM »

This is absurd; even though I don't like abortion, there is no reason for these pictures to be put here.  Pro-life people who use these pictures and silly little facts are just trying to emotionally blackmail us into agreeing with them.

Spoken like a true obsessed pro-choicer.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »

Pro-life people who use these pictures and silly little facts are just trying to emotionally blackmail us into agreeing with them.

"Silly little facts."  Yeah! Don't let those things stand in the way!

"Emotionally blackmail" also known as letting people know what actually happens during an abortion and to those that are aborted.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »

Disgusting.....
Why are you posting these pictures?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »

"Silly little facts."  Yeah! Don't let those things stand in the way!

"Emotionally blackmail" also known as letting people know what actually happens during an abortion and to those that are aborted.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 11:04:27 PM »

Actually, I'm pro-choice and I see nothing wrong with posting those pictures. Can't say they sway me though... Especially since the vast majority of abortions are done early in the pregnancy when the fetus doesn't even remotely resemble a person.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 11:20:14 PM »

Your conscience might be trying to tell you something if you're emotionally affected. If honestly supported late term abortion, you'd immediately be able to rationalize the pictures using logic and they wouldn't affect you (I suppose Porce probably chuckled when he saw the for example).
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »

Jake, are you pro-choice?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 11:37:39 PM »

No. I'm pro-life in all cases that a successful birth is viable.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 12:02:18 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2008, 12:08:13 AM by RightWingNut »

The point of showing such images is to expose to liberals the cognitive dissonance inherent in holding both the belief that the state should protect children from their parents and the belief that the state should not protect feti from their parents.  If seeing the image makes you feel bad and inspires anger at someone stating the "silly little fact" that the fetus is a child, however unborn, then you should take some time to reflect on that cognitive dissonance and come to a fuller realization of your position on the issues, and in the process cease to be so conflicted.

B.t.w. my position on abortion is twofold: first that I would never think of impregnating a woman who I thought would be able to bring herself to kill our child (at any stage of development); second, if someone else has no such compunctions, as long as they admit that it is their kid that they are killing (its cells are alive before the process and dead afterwards, therefore it is killed in the process), I have no problem with them killing their kid (or, euphemistically, consent to physician assisted suicide on their unborn child's behalf).
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 01:41:50 AM »

I wonder what God is going to have to say about abortion at Judgment?  These aren't accidental killings, they are intentionally done and the majority of the time the reason is simply convenience.

Yeah, silly little facts do have a tendency to get in the way.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 07:14:18 AM »

If honestly supported late term abortion, you'd immediately be able to rationalize the pictures using logic and they wouldn't affect you (I suppose Porce probably chuckled when he saw the for example).

I'd say that's pretty unlikely, Jake.

I was disgusted and horrified like anyone else would be.

I don't support decapitating fetuses or slicing them up into little bits.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »

Your conscience might be trying to tell you something if you're emotionally affected. If honestly supported late term abortion, you'd immediately be able to rationalize the pictures using logic and they wouldn't affect you (I suppose Porce probably chuckled when he saw the for example).

Who should be punished for committing these "crimes" and to what extent?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 03:28:45 PM »

Those that committ them of course.

If we make abortions of convenience illegal, while abortions for health remain legal, I would actually support committing an abortion of conveniece on yourself (the old coat hanger in the alley folks like bringing up) being made grounds to be declared mentally unfit to function in society. Those who make money off of abortions of convenience under this plan would be charged with first degree murder.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies