it is now official
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:25:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  it is now official
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: it is now official  (Read 2654 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:22:21 PM »

today i changed my voter registration from republican to independent.

i look forward to voting for hillary clinton in the feb 5 democrat primary.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:36:39 PM »

*Shrug*

No offense intended, but you were always a very poor fit for the GOP anyway.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »

gooble gobble
gooble gobble
we will make you one of us.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »

Noooooooooooo
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »

If Mitt Romney wins the GOP nomination, I will certainly be changing my registration as well.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »

So when are you going to change the color of your avatar as well?
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »

So when are you going to change the color of your avatar as well?

He shouldn't. His current one is too iconic.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »

If Mitt Romney wins the GOP nomination, I will certainly be changing my registration as well.

I doubt I will change my registration, but I defiantly won't vote for Romney.  One more election of this abuse though and I might consider it.  After all, I voted for more Dems in 2006 than Republicans.  I probably had the strangest looking ballot in the state.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 05:51:32 PM »

Be vocal in your support of the Democrat candidate in the Democrat primary.  Your fellow Democrats will fast embrace you.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »

Your fellow Democrats will fast embrace you.

Actually, it sounds as though he is making a grave mistake in supporting the worst candidate running out of either party (other than John McCain, of course).
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 06:12:32 PM »

Be vocal in your support of the Democrat candidate in the Democrat primary.  Your fellow Democrats will fast embrace you.

Speaking of "if this were a grammar website."

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 06:16:40 PM »

Which is the whole reason I said his fellow Democrats would fast embrace him.  He needs to get the lingo down soon.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »

Which is the whole reason I said his fellow Democrats would fast embrace him.  He needs to get the lingo down soon.
Thank you for explaining your decision to repeat a grammatically inaccurate term. It's not in your nature to make a snide or clever remark. Wink
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »

Sorry, I thought this time would be more obvious.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 06:26:43 PM »

So why wasn't the avatar switched?

You know I have great respect for you but changing your registration because someone you don't like won the nomination is silly. You either think you belong in this party or you don't. One primary shouldn't decide.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »

im not a democrat.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »

Okay then, go to this...

YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »

You know I have great respect for you but changing your registration because someone you don't like won the nomination is silly. You either think you belong in this party or you don't. One primary shouldn't decide.

It wouldn't just be one primary that decides it; it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »

It wouldn't just be one primary that decides it; it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Then, I'm sorry, but if you really think that's the case, you ought to be gone by now. I'm not saying I want you to leave because I think you're fine as a moderate Republican but primary elections (in other states, no less) shouldn't determine your party registration.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »

If Romeny or Huckabee win the nomination, I'll be screaming to get Mike Bloomberg to run.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »

I already changed my registration almost a year and a half ago.  I was a Republican right up until mid-September 2006 and then changed to a Democratic registration.

It was this Iraq war, and my growing opposition to it, that caused me to change parties.

So, it doesn't matter who the Republicans nominate, because I'm not voting for any of them in November.

The Republican I would be most comfortable with would be Mike Huckabee, but even that would be a stretch.  Although, his fiscal liberalism scares even me and I'm pretty far left fiscally myself.  He seems to be about a -9 or -10 on the Matrix scale, where as I'm just at a -5 or -6.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »

I’m a Republican and though I strongly dislike Giuliani and would never vote for him, nor probably Huckabee or Thompson, I think I’ll keep my registration as a Republican. Though I find myself agreeing with Libertarians on more and more issues, the fact is Republicans have far more interesting primary’s  and I like to pretend I make a difference in them with my vote. Besides, I can’t wait to vote against Specter for the first time.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »

I already changed my registration almost a year and a half ago.  I was a Republican right up until mid-September 2006 and then changed to a Democratic registration.

It was this Iraq war, and my growing opposition to it, that caused me to change parties.

So, it doesn't matter who the Republicans nominate, because I'm not voting for any of them in November.

The Republican I would be most comfortable with would be Mike Huckabee, but even that would be a stretch.  Although, his fiscal liberalism scares even me and I'm pretty far left fiscally myself.  He seems to be about a -9 or -10 on the Matrix scale, where as I'm just at a -5 or -6.
Huckabee has a strange blend of economic views. As governor of Arkansas, he carelessly raised taxes on goods and services hundreds of times. As a candidate for POTUS, Huckabee has proposed an elimination  of all taxes but one -- the sales tax. This "Fair Tax" plan would actually raise taxes on the poor and the middle class, and help the rich, who mainly pay income and capital gains taxes. His views are hardly liberal, but his record is hardly conservative.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »

Huckabee has a strange blend of economic views. As governor of Arkansas, he carelessly raised taxes on goods and services hundreds of times. As a candidate for POTUS, Huckabee has proposed an elimination  of all taxes but one -- the sales tax. This "Fair Tax" plan would actually raise taxes on the poor and the middle class, and help the rich, who mainly pay income and capital gains taxes. His views are hardly liberal, but his record is hardly conservative.

Thats why he scares me economically.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »

Much as I wish you'd all come over to the Democratic side, and the left wing of it to boot, I actually prefer two strong parties.  And really, I feel the Republican Party is better off with vocal, intelligent moderates and liberals staying put. 

The GOP may be slowly heading back toward the party of Margaret Chase Smith, Alf Landon, Gerry Ford and Nelson Rockefeller.  I'd welcome that.  And while I wouldn't change my party affiliation, I can guarantee you my ballot would be a lot more mixed than it currently is.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies