it is now official (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  it is now official (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: it is now official  (Read 2676 times)
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« on: January 16, 2008, 06:12:32 PM »

Be vocal in your support of the Democrat candidate in the Democrat primary.  Your fellow Democrats will fast embrace you.

Speaking of "if this were a grammar website."

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »

Which is the whole reason I said his fellow Democrats would fast embrace him.  He needs to get the lingo down soon.
Thank you for explaining your decision to repeat a grammatically inaccurate term. It's not in your nature to make a snide or clever remark. Wink
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »

I already changed my registration almost a year and a half ago.  I was a Republican right up until mid-September 2006 and then changed to a Democratic registration.

It was this Iraq war, and my growing opposition to it, that caused me to change parties.

So, it doesn't matter who the Republicans nominate, because I'm not voting for any of them in November.

The Republican I would be most comfortable with would be Mike Huckabee, but even that would be a stretch.  Although, his fiscal liberalism scares even me and I'm pretty far left fiscally myself.  He seems to be about a -9 or -10 on the Matrix scale, where as I'm just at a -5 or -6.
Huckabee has a strange blend of economic views. As governor of Arkansas, he carelessly raised taxes on goods and services hundreds of times. As a candidate for POTUS, Huckabee has proposed an elimination  of all taxes but one -- the sales tax. This "Fair Tax" plan would actually raise taxes on the poor and the middle class, and help the rich, who mainly pay income and capital gains taxes. His views are hardly liberal, but his record is hardly conservative.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies