Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:56:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: Israel  (Read 71352 times)
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

What? Is it trolling to note that despite the fact that they committed the holocaust, Germany didn't see any of it's land carved out for a jewish state while the arabs in Palestine lost their homeland to accomodate the fleeing jews? Before pro-Israel supporters call anti-Israeli people nazis or racists they should try to remember that fact.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2008, 06:51:27 PM »

What? Is it trolling to note that despite the fact that they committed the holocaust, Germany didn't see any of it's land carved out for a jewish state while the arabs in Palestine lost their homeland to accomodate the fleeing jews? Before pro-Israel supporters call anti-Israeli people nazis or racists they should try to remember that fact.

No, but you've repeatedly made comments about the Arabs losing their land because they're non-white.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »

I was saying that germans(who actually killed jews pre-1948) didn't lose any land to them but Arabs(who didn't) lost their land. I was basically making that point and saying that Israel supporters have no call to criticize people for 'racism'.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2008, 06:57:58 PM »

I was saying that germans(who actually killed jews pre-1948) didn't lose any land to them but Arabs(who didn't) lost their land. I was basically making that point and saying that Israel supporters have no call to criticize people for 'racism'.
Your posts say otherwise:

The only crime of the Palestinians was being nonwhite on soil that whites wanted for their own.

Germans are white and Palestinians not so the Palestinians have to suffer for German crimes. Sad isn't it?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »

Do you even read my posts? I said that point you raised was the exact point I made.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2008, 07:57:11 PM »

What? Is it trolling to note that despite the fact that they committed the holocaust, Germany didn't see any of it's land carved out for a jewish state while the arabs in Palestine lost their homeland to accomodate the fleeing jews?

Amusing that silly things like that can pass off as arguments on the internets.

(btw, you blew whatever cover for your trolling on this thread that you might have had with "it was one of the smaller genocides of the 20th century". And the playing of the racism card was a little too blatant).
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »

Compare the holocaust to Mao or Stalin's mass killings in scale. See my point now?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »

Compare the holocaust to Mao or Stalin's mass killings in scale. See my point now?

Trying to diminish the Holocaust. Classy...
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2008, 12:35:48 AM »

The holocaust was horrible but it was small potatoes compared to some of the sh**t that happened in the 20th century.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2008, 05:54:02 AM »

Who knew it could be so much fun to watch a ship sink?
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2008, 01:32:26 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

The point to me is that when you see a ship sinking some others around the world see a ship building. Yes, there are lot of mixes between racism, anti-israel, anti-US, anti-capitalism, anti-everything that is easy to be anti-for and to mix because no one really knows today about history, that's just mixes of poor things which are useful to make grow the hate of some who can't go over their frustrations or who are just despaired and so who take bad ways, let's watch how they recruit at al-qaeda...

Well, for the one who exposed the theory on racism and other things:

The racism as a cause of taking the Palestinian land? Argh. You should study the history of Zionism, or at least a summary of it, it's not just an holocaust revenge, it's really deeper and more nuanced, just learn, so, the argument of taking a german territory for jews is as absurd to me, please, learn and wonder before talking.

Then, sometimes humility is welcome. How easy is it to say that the holocaust was potatoes? I hope it is not so much. What the hell do the comparison with other mass murders of 20th century has to do here? Is it question of USSR? No. China? Still no. Cambodia? Still no. Well, we're effectively speaking about Jews and about what they lived. Has the holocaust to be a justification for creating Israel? To me, no. What saying about the 1948 UN approval for this state, to me there is to discuss, but if you could avoid poor ways, and if you could learn and wonder, please, it would be welcome.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

One can only take so many Jews with comments that have absolutely nothing to do with Israel and Palestine...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

One can only take so many Jews with comments that have absolutely nothing to do with Israel and Palestine...
What?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »

What?

Take a look at this:

The only crime of the Palestinians was being nonwhite on soil that whites wanted for their own.

That's true, but realize in context that 6 million of my people were murdered. You cannot place the blame entirely on the Jews. There is responsibility on both sides.

What a nonsensical comment.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »

Aye, that doesn't make sense.  It's like saying the holocaust was small potatoes.  I try pretty hard to not hold everybody on your side accountable for what some of the idiots on your side say.  Sadly, I'm not always successful.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »

Aye, that doesn't make sense.  It's like saying the holocaust was small potatoes.  I try pretty hard to not hold everybody on your side accountable for what some of the idiots on your side say.  Sadly, I'm not always successful.

But where was the Palestinian responsibility for the Holocaust? Prove some and I'll recant everything I've said in this thread.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2008, 01:24:53 PM »

There was none. Israelis equate killing 1 jew with killing 6 million.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #267 on: July 01, 2008, 01:37:11 PM »

But where was the Palestinian responsibility for the Holocaust? Prove some and I'll recant everything I've said in this thread.
I've never made that argument, I already agreed it was silly.  It's silly in the same way somebody saying the holocaust was small potatoes is silly.  I'm not blaming the Pali's for it and I'm not saying that's WHY Israel deserves a state today.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »

The holocaust was horrible but it was small potatoes compared to some of the sh**t that happened in the 20th century.

Since when do we put the level of importance of an event based on the number of killings that occurred?

The common flu killed way more people in a year then 9/11 did. However, 9/11 is viewed one of our most horrific events in this country's history, and rightfully so. Don't diminish that or the holocaust. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2008, 04:54:38 PM »

I told you Straha was the same, finally more people are starting to realize the truth. -_-
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:55 PM »

How telling you can be rabidly pro-Israel and not be called a troll but as soon as you're strongly anti-Israel you get labeled as trolling. -_- *facepalm*
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

There is a disconnect why Jews got their homeland in palestine even though the genocide against them was conducted in Europe. I understand it was written in the bible and that Jews did live there a millenia ago, but is that really enough? The true reason is that the palestinians were powerless to stop the Zionists and it was because they had no true representation in 1948. It was unfair what was done to the palestinians in 1948 and the Zionists were not entitled to a single square inch of land. In a fair world a part of Germany/Poland would have been carved out for a Jewish homeland, but this world is not fair is it?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:09 PM »

There is a disconnect why Jews got their homeland in palestine even though the genocide against them was conducted in Europe. I understand it was written in the bible and that Jews did live there a millenia ago, but is that really enough? The true reason is that the palestinians were powerless to stop the Zionists and it was because they had no true representation in 1948. It was unfair what was done to the palestinians in 1948 and the Zionists were not entitled to a single square inch of land. In a fair world a part of Germany/Poland would have been carved out for a Jewish homeland, but this world is not fair is it?

This times 100. Carving out a jewish state in the Rhineland would have been perfectly acceptable to me(Germans did try to kill them all so they do need to pay for their crimes) but not one in Palestine.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »

How telling you can be rabidly pro-Israel and not be called a troll but as soon as you're strongly anti-Israel you get labeled as trolling. -_- *facepalm*

I think there's a big difference between what I've said (and I am the most rabidly pro-Israel person here), and what you've said.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2008, 07:45:53 AM »

This times 100. Carving out a jewish state in the Rhineland would have been perfectly acceptable to me(Germans did try to kill them all so they do need to pay for their crimes) but not one in Palestine.
Genius!  Lets put all the Jews in the backyard of the people that just got finished trying to kill them all.  And right next door to the newest super power that was at the time, killing millions more Jews!  I'm guessing Jews in 1946 wanted to get pretty far away from Germans and Russians.  Their sparsly populated and technologically backward homeland was a much better option, to them, at the time.  You can argue against them moving back there, but arguing that it would have made more sense for them to stay in Germany is flat out retarded.

..and I'm German(-American).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies