Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:52:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Israel  (Read 71448 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:46 PM »

I think it's really funny that JewishConservative is trying to out Israel me.  It's also a little scary.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #401 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »

Well, according to Obama we shouldn't be meddling in another nations affairs. Unless it's Israel, then it's ok for Obama to tell them to not build settlements.

But with the settlements, two nations are involved.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »

Well, according to Obama we shouldn't be meddling in another nations affairs. Unless it's Israel, then it's ok for Obama to tell them to not build settlements.

Arguable.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #403 on: June 24, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »

Unfortunately, Netanyahu supports a two state solution. Sad

He was probably pressured into it, dammit.

With of all those demands you could still call it a "two state solution"?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #404 on: June 25, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »

As I've said, it is in the best strategic interests of Israel for there to be a State of Palestine.

No.

How is it not in the best interests of Israel?  I've already explained why it is, now you explain why it isn't.

Still waiting.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #405 on: June 25, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »

Arguable.

I don't think you can argue that Israel and Palestine are one nation. Perhaps one state, but they are certainly different nations.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #406 on: June 25, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »

Am Yisrael Chai.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #407 on: June 25, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »

Arguable.

By Israeli law all settlements, except for some neighborhoods annexed to Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, are not located in Israel.  From the Israeli official standpoint, Israel runs a military occupation regime there and the government (in Israeli-controlled areas) is under the Ministry of Defense. No attempt has ever been made to annex those areas. So, at least from the standpoint of Israeli law, these areas are not part of Israel. Do you know of any other state or official entity, that, actualy, considers these to be part of Israel?

Israel could annex these territories and make them part of Israel, at least, from its own standpoint. However, it would then have to decide, what to do w/ the native population. It could be granted Israeli citizenship and allowed to vote in Israeli elections: in which case, I believe, most of us would agree that this is now an internal affair of the wonderful and democratic Israeli state. It could keep the population as non-citizens and have it continuously disenfranchized. In that case, at least in my book, it would not be much different from the apartheid South Africa, and should be treated as such. It could also expel and/or exterminate the population, which, I would conjecture, most of those around would take as casus beli (and, likely, subject to war crimes prosecution).
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »

Arguable.

By Israeli law all settlements, except for some neighborhoods annexed to Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, are not located in Israel.  From the Israeli official standpoint, Israel runs a military occupation regime there and the government (in Israeli-controlled areas) is under the Ministry of Defense. No attempt has ever been made to annex those areas. So, at least from the standpoint of Israeli law, these areas are not part of Israel. Do you know of any other state or official entity, that, actualy, considers these to be part of Israel?

yeah, I personally know the King of Kings, Christ Jesus, and he considers them part of Israel.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #409 on: June 25, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »

yeah, I personally know the King of Kings, Christ Jesus, and he considers them part of Israel.

Roll Eyes

He has no authority on the matter now that Bush is out of office.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #410 on: June 25, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »

Arguable.

Talk to him, then, to make sure you guys agree on the borders.

Anyway, Israel doesn't recognize him, or care much for him, so his opinion's applicability here is disputed. Actually, most of his (admittedly few) followers in the region, who are, probably, better familiar with the topography, disagree w/ your interpretation.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #411 on: June 25, 2009, 10:04:12 PM »

That is correct. The Christians in the area aren't exactly huge supporters of ultra-Zionists or the settlers, if you observe how they vote.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2009, 06:45:57 PM »

As I've said, it is in the best strategic interests of Israel for there to be a State of Palestine.

No.

How is it not in the best interests of Israel?  I've already explained why it is, now you explain why it isn't.

Still waiting.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #413 on: August 06, 2009, 07:48:03 PM »

Senior Israeli diplomat slams Netanyahu's US policy

You must be logged in to read this quote.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #414 on: August 06, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »

That is correct. The Christians in the area aren't exactly huge supporters of ultra-Zionists or the settlers, if you observe how they vote.
Exactly, most areas with large amounts of Christians vote for far-left wing parties. Of course there aren't that many Christians left in Palestine/Israel because of a variety of issues. Actually there was a pretty large migration of Christians away from Israel after 1948.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #415 on: August 08, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »

Israel could annex these territories and make them part of Israel, at least, from its own standpoint. However, it would then have to decide, what to do w/ the native population. It could be granted Israeli citizenship and allowed to vote in Israeli elections: in which case, I believe, most of us would agree that this is now an internal affair of the wonderful and democratic Israeli state. It could keep the population as non-citizens and have it continuously disenfranchized. In that case, at least in my book, it would not be much different from the apartheid South Africa, and should be treated as such. It could also expel and/or exterminate the population, which, I would conjecture, most of those around would take as casus beli (and, likely, subject to war crimes prosecution).

Since it Israel doesn't consider it part of Israel, how about revoking the right of the settlers to vote in Israeli elections since they don't live in Israel?
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #416 on: August 09, 2009, 01:34:17 AM »

Exactly, most areas with large amounts of Christians vote for far-left wing parties. Of course there aren't that many Christians left in Palestine/Israel because of a variety of issues. Actually there was a pretty large migration of Christians away from Israel after 1948.

Most Christians in America are so brainwashed by frauds like Robertson and Falwell that Israel is a nation that has persecuted Christians since the Pharasies. Besidese ethnically cleansing Palestinian Christians they imprison them for trying to convert Jews Christianity. Many of these socalled Christian Zionist are so brainwashed they are ready to go an die in Iran for Israel.

Honestly, STFU
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #417 on: August 09, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »

How about you answer my question?

pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »

How about you answer my question?

you honestly believe that these terrorists will leave Israelis Alone?

God gave us this land, now we want to give it away to these monsters?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2009, 03:58:15 PM »

I believe a State of Palestine is in the best interests of Israel. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #420 on: August 10, 2009, 12:45:31 AM »

Please forgive me if I don't find this explanation, shall I say, sufficient.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #421 on: August 10, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »

God given land my arse!  You know for well that land actually belongs to the Palestinians, and if anything its the Israeli government who're the monsters for being arrogant enough to deny that!

But, seeing as Israel isn't going anywhere soon, its government could have the good sense to withdraw back to the intended 1948 boundaries and accept and recognise the presence of a fully independent Palestinian state.  For one thing, Israel's Arab neighbours might be somewhat less pissed off at the aforementioned.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #422 on: August 10, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »

yeah, because, historically, Israelis allowing Gentiles to divide up the land of Jacob has worked so well for Israel....right?!
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #423 on: August 10, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »

yeah, because, historically, Israelis allowing Gentiles to divide up the land of Jacob has worked so well for Israel....right?!

You're not still using the religious argument, are you?  No person with the slightest shred of common sense is going to buy that!  Furthermore, creating a state almost exclusively for a particular religious group is just wrong on so many levels.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »

You're not still using the religious argument, are you? 

no, rather I'm using recorded history...far be it from me to attempt to use a religious argument on a bunch of idiots.

---

No person with the slightest shred of common sense is going to buy that!

1Cor 1:21 "For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe."

---

Furthermore, creating a state almost exclusively for a particular religious group is just wrong on so many levels.

you mean - wrong on so many politically correct levels.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies