Official SC Republican Primary Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:04:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official SC Republican Primary Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Official SC Republican Primary Results Thread  (Read 12360 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

McCain 38%
Huckabee 23%
Romney 19%
Thompson 11%
Giuliani 5%
Paul 4%

1% reporting
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »

Less than 1% reporting... plenty of time for the squirrel-eater to come back...
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »

I do hope if McCain wins tonight he gives a better speech. No reading from notes this time John, please.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »

Oh boy. I do not feel good about tonight all of a sudden. My gut still tells me Huckabee will win, but the opening 1% is troubling.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »

Less than 1% reporting... plenty of time for the squirrel-eater to come back...

You mean the guy with the son like Michael Vick.  Gotcha.  Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2008, 07:39:26 PM »

Well, if McCain does win tonight, you are probably looking at the next president of the united states, especially if hillary is the democratic nominee. the republican race is over.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2008, 07:40:25 PM »

Well, if McCain does win tonight, you are probably looking at the next president of the united states, especially if hillary is the democratic nominee. the republican race is over.

Who knows.... he bases his campaign on an unpopular war.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »

I'm getting more worried about Romney. He's won three states and done no worse then second in any primary and looks to be getting a third place showing in SC tonight. Romney's still in this, though if McCain can win here and Florida he should have a pretty smooth go of it the rest of the way.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2008, 07:42:42 PM »

I have it at 1%-2% McCain.  He wins bigger than that, only a combination of Mitt and Rudy can stop him, in Florida.

"You're all clear kid!"
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »

McCain 37 to 25.
Huckster surge!!!!
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »

I'm getting more worried about Romney. He's won three states and done no worse then second in any primary and looks to get third in SC tonight. Romney's still in this, though if McCain can win here and Florida he should have a pretty smooth go of it the rest of the way.

McCain already proved he can beat Romney though. NH was the battle ground. Romney won't be able to challenge McCain in states like New York.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »

I'm getting more worried about Romney. He's won three states and done no worse then second in any primary and looks to get third in SC tonight. Romney's still in this, though if McCain can win here and Florida he should have a pretty smooth go of it the rest of the way.

And which state in the South or NE (except maybe Mass. if you believe SUSA) will Romney win?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »

Romney is polling close to Huckabee in early returns.

Likely won't happen, but if Romney finishes ahead of Huckabee, that would be hilarious.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »

I have it at 1%-2% McCain.  He wins bigger than that, only a combination of Mitt and Rudy can stop him, in Florida.

"You're all clear kid!"

don't you mean geezer?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »

John King and Wolf Blitzer are hilarious with trying to get their map to work.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »

Romney is polling close to Huckabee in early returns.

Likely won't happen, but if Romney finishes ahead of Huckabee, that would be hilarious.

If Romney gets a silver....he could have a campaign to rival the McKain.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »

Well, unless something strange happens and Rudy can win Florida even with a McCain victory tonight, he is all clear for the nod. If it comes down to Romney and McCain, McCain will win easily. Good to see Huck coming back. I hope he can pull this off in the end.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2008, 07:51:35 PM by J. J. »

"You're all clear kid!"

don't you mean geezer?

No, Sen. "Luke" McCain has just fired the proton torpedo into the exhaust port.  Smiley  Will the reactor blow?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »

And which state in the South or NE (except maybe Mass. if you believe SUSA) will Romney win?

Good point.  I'm saying I'm worried about Romney, but I still believe McCain will pull it out. But if the race gets to be just between the two of them I'm worried you'd see many conservatives go to Romney and he'd be able to snatch the nom from McCain. But your right, Romney's not really strong in places like NY or the south, though I believe he could win California, where McCain currently leads.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »

Good point.  I'm saying I'm worried about Romney, but I still believe McCain will pull it out. But if the race gets to be just between the two of them I'm worried you'd see many conservatives go to Romney and he'd be able to snatch the nom from McCain. But your right, Romney's not really strong in places like NY or the south, though I believe he could win California, where McCain currently leads.

Maybe, but remember NY is WTA, whereas California is by CD mainly.  Romney needs to win California to have a shot.  Heck, he may need to win Florida to have a shot.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2008, 07:52:06 PM »

Oh yes, America is going to elect a doddering senior who reads his speeches and almost puts you to sleep while he's reading, and who supports an unpopular war, as President of the United States.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »

No, Sen. "Luke" McCain has just fired the proton torpedo into the exhaust port.  Smiley  Will the reactor blow?

I so took this the wrong way.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2008, 07:53:45 PM »

Oh yes, America is going to elect a doddering senior who reads his speeches and almost puts you to sleep while he's reading, and who supports an unpopular war, as President of the United States.

Doesn’t Romney also support the war? How can he hope to win either?
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

Does Romney not support the war?  I know he is the candidate of change, but does this change extend to foreign policy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »

I seriously agree that if McCain wins tonight, and especially if he wins big like he is now, then he has the inside track toward the nomination.  He could still get knocked out, but it would be VERY unlikely.  I think even if Giuliani manages to win Florida, he has lost too much time in not campaigning, and thus showing very poorly, in the first 5 contests, plus Maine, that he is just about done.  If Huckabee finishes lower than a very close second (within 3-4 points) then he is basically done.  He might win one or two more states, but his money would be a big setback for him.  Fred Thompson is basically done.  Mitt Romney is going to have a hard time finding states to win, except Massachusetts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies