Atlasians Against McCain HQ Thread!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Atlasians Against McCain HQ Thread!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians Against McCain HQ Thread!!!  (Read 5142 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: January 20, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

While I like McCain personally, his stance on the war downright scares me, and I disagree with him on most else; I see him as selling out to the GOP establishment he used to fight. I am far less enamored of him than most Democrats and Independents seem to be.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »

While I like McCain personally, his stance on the war downright scares me

Hillary Clinton supported the war with a failed strategy, and then supports us leaving in shame and defeat.

John McCain supported the war, criticized the strategy, and made the President change the strategy to something much more successful.

Hilllary Clinton's stance on the war scares me.

I never said I liked Clinton's position on the war (I'm an Obama supporter, and this is one of just many reasons), but I'd rather we get out now or a year from now or two years from now than get out even later with far more deaths. Not to mention all of the money we're spending that could go to better uses (and one of those could be tax cuts if you want, I'd rather have that than wasting it in Iraq).

I don't agree with the idea that leaving now would be shameful; there's more shame in continuing on a failed path than there is in admitting a mistake and making the best of a bad situation.

I do respect the fact that McCain was right on the war militarily long before Bush was. I'd definitely feel better about McCain as President than I do about Bush (on the war and many other issues as well), but just because he's a more competent warmonger doesn't really make me sleep that much better at night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies