Post #9140!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:37:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post #9140!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: On a scale of 1-10, how annoying is the constant reappearance of this thread?

gporter/gporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Post #9140!  (Read 8082 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 09:04:13 PM »

Do any of us?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 09:05:07 PM »

Oh no your playing the philosophical card. I knew this would occur if you posted more than 163 times Tongue.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »

In all fairness, it's a Sunday night, and none of my favorite shows have new episodes.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »

Look I understand that may be the case. But 163 posts in one day? And I think 30 posts a day is alot.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »

Look I understand that may be the case. But 163 posts in one day? And I think 30 posts a day is alot.

I don't have 163 posts yet, it's the difference between my post total and Ben's. We were having a heated debate about it last night.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »

I don't have 163 posts yet, it's the difference between my post total and Ben's. We were having a heated debate about it last night.

So it is. Well good luck trying to catch up to Ben.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 09:25:38 PM »

So it is. Well good luck trying to catch up to Ben.

So you've taken my side. Difference is now 155.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »

Different strokes for different folks.  I remember when that sly Maryland dude made a thread that said, "I'm a YABB God!  Kneel before me!" about four years ago.  And I thought, "What a loser."  On the other hand, I went through and deleted about half my posts when I got to four hundred ninety-something.  I thought that becoming a YaBB God was pretty much the mark of dorkdom.  Might as well tattoo "I'm a total nerd" on my forehead.  Tried to keep under five hundred as long as I could but eventually lost track and it got away from me.  Every once in a while, over the past few years, I'll go through and delete hundreds of my posts--Bam Bam Bam--without inspection or gaffe.  I suppose being a loser and not wanting to admit it is worse than just being a loser and accepting it.  Well, congratulations on your two-hundred post day.  You're a true YABB God.

On a more important note, did Stan Smith actually sing about washing his mother's V.J. on American Dad tonight as he washed it?  And does V.J. mean what I think it does?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 09:48:13 PM »

Different strokes for different folks.  I remember when that sly Maryland dude made a thread that said, "I'm a YABB God!  Kneel before me!" about four years ago.  And I thought, "What a loser."  On the other hand, I went through and deleted about half my posts when I got to four hundred ninety-something.  I thought that becoming a YaBB God was pretty much the mark of dorkdom.  Might as well tattoo "I'm a total nerd" on my forehead.  Tried to keep under five hundred as long as I could but eventually lost track and it got away from me.  Every once in a while, over the past few years, I'll go through and delete hundreds of my posts--Bam Bam Bam--without inspection or gaffe.  I suppose being a loser and not wanting to admit it is worse than just being a loser and accepting it.  Well, congratulations on your two-hundred post day.  You're a true YABB God.

On a more important note, did Stan Smith actually sing about washing his mother's V.J. on American Dad tonight as he washed it?  And does V.J. mean what I think it does?

He did, and it does Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 10:36:50 PM »

#200.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »

so there used to be this "delete all posts from this user" feature on this forum.  Long time ago.  Apparently once in a while Dave Liep gets a wild hair up his ass and changes things around.  I suppose that makes him a Liberal.  Liberals change stuff.  For example, one day, about a year ago, this line "Ignored by:  2 users" appeared on my Profile page.  It stayed there a long time.  But it went away recently.  I guess that feature isn't there anymore.  Anyway, I thought about using that delete all feature many times.  But I had a few posts I didn't want to delete, so I'd just go in and delete posts one-at-a-time.  That takes so long, because you have to show your posts, then link, then peruse it and decide if it's a keeper.  Probably I've haven't ever deleted more than a few hundred at one sitting.  I'm not that patient.

I have also had some nights when hundreds of my posts mysteriously disappeared.  Back when I first started posting, when I was drinking profusely and using way too many drugs, back before I was married, I'd get good and stoned and drunk and start typing away.  Insulting just about anyone and everyone within earshot.  Sometimes I'd get up and think, "I think I owe old BRTD an apology or something."  LOL.  You know you're posting too much when you wake up, hungover, thinking about how much you might have offended somebody here.  And I'd search for some offending post and couldn't find it.  Then I'd notice I had several hundred fewer posts than the night before.  I suppose Liep deleted en masse.  So, to be honest, I've probably had some 200+ post nights as well.

That was back in the day.  I'm a boring old married guy now.  Limit myself to one bottle of cabernet per day.  And in that state of semi-sobriety I just don't find my muse, so I don't post as much.

There's this poster called jmfcst that must have used the "delete all" feature.  He was here a long time.  Maybe five years or more.  Had thousands of posts.  Clever guy he is, but intimidating.  All hellfire and damnation.  One day he vaporizes.  Like smoke.  Gone with the wind.  Then reappears some time later as a newbie.  I guess he used that feature.  Too bad, though.  He had some memorable posts.  Very dry sense of humor.  Quotable, he was.  I one time bragged that I'd received several reprimands from Dave Liep.  "Please avoid emotional diatribes.  Thank you."  Then jmfcst goes and posts his reprimands from Dave.  As if to one-up me.  Jeezus.  I bet he had some 200+ nights as well. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2008, 11:18:50 PM »

angus, i hope you dont let your wife talk you into quitting the booze.

sure, my significant other gets on to me from time to time about drinking.  but i reminder her...im less of an a-hole when drinking than i am when im sober.   some folks, though, have the opposite problem.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:03 AM »

Congratulations on posting 200 times today. During that time I've spent 3 hours and 40 minutes on the internet, had lunch, drove some 10 kilometres, read 25 pages ofNo Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy and now I'm back on the internet. All whilst you posted 200 times. What do you have to say about that?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 03:43:02 AM »

When you get to 10,000, call me.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 04:47:45 PM »

Congratulations on posting 200 times today. During that time I've spent 3 hours and 40 minutes on the internet, had lunch, drove some 10 kilometres, read 25 pages ofNo Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy and now I'm back on the internet. All whilst you posted 200 times. What do you have to say about that?

My life is more fun than yours. Right now, I'm at school and I should be working on my project.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »

Even though I have today off, I've done almost no posting.  I'm not helping my cause Tongue
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »

I was occupied much of today and last night, but I still managed 40 posts in the last 24 hours.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »

Remember this? Hehe. Good times.

And now I've passed Rocky.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »

You may have made more than 200 posts in one day, but did you really say anything, Mr. Xahar? Put that up your nose and sneeze it Angry
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »

Remember this? Hehe. Good times.

And now I've passed Rocky.
and you're gaining on me. and I post a LOT.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »

You may have made more than 200 posts in one day, but did you really say anything, Mr. Xahar? Put that up your nose and sneeze it Angry

I certainly did. I don't think there's any question as to where I stand.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »

but I bet the majority were "Previous Poster" threads or quoting things without saying anything.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »

Do I have something to fear from the posting machine?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2008, 02:00:54 PM »

but I bet the majority were "Previous Poster" threads or quoting things without saying anything.

Not anymore.

Do I have something to fear from the posting machine?

Certainly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies