Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 05:24:47 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
| | | |-+  FL (R), Rasmussen: Romney leads by 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FL (R), Rasmussen: Romney leads by 5  (Read 1679 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:20 am »
Ignore

Romney: 25
McCain: 20
Giuliani: 19
Huckabee: 13
Thompson: 12

Link

If someone could enter this into the Atlas, I'd be grateful.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:52:05 pm by Verily »Logged
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 12:05:01 pm »
Ignore

taken post-SC....  cmon Mitty babe

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:06:31 pm »
Ignore

Florida is hard to poll...I really don't buy Romney gaining after SC. He could win it but it would be due to his money closer to the actual election.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 12:07:11 pm »
Ignore

Giuliani ought to worry about these numbers. The state is practically do-or-die for him.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:28:21 pm »
Ignore

If moderates are torn between McCain and Giuliani, then it is not inconceivable that Romney won't pull it off

Remember Florida has a closed primary. No Independents here for McCain to rely on

Dave

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54:31 pm »
Ignore

Giuliani ought to worry about these numbers. The state is practically do-or-die for him.

I think he knows this as much as any of us do. He practically said he had to win there last week. I don't buy Romney winning after finishing 4th in SC, and since a large group in FL has voted early, no telling if Giuliani did well in that group.
Erc
YaBB God
Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 12:55:40 pm »
Ignore

Mason-Dixon is the God of Florida Polling (tm), right?

Hopefully they do a poll here soon.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 12:59:50 pm »
Ignore

I think he knows this as much as any of us do. He practically said he had to win there last week. I don't buy Romney winning after finishing 4th in SC, and since a large group in FL has voted early, no telling if Giuliani did well in that group.

Given the effort Giuliani has put into FL, I'd be surprised if he wasn't ahead among early voters

Dave

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »
Ignore

As I've said before, you shouldn't underestimate Romney in these big states where no one else can keep up with him in TV advertising (as also seen in MI).  But I still question whether even Romney has the resources to pull that off on a mass scale on Feb. 5th.  I think even he'll be stretched thin.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 01:02:32 pm »
Ignore

IT could be concievable that McCain comes in 3rd here, behind Guiliani AND Romney. If that happens, this is a truly muddled race.

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 01:10:18 pm »
Ignore

IT could be concievable that McCain comes in 3rd here, behind Guiliani AND Romney. If that happens, this is a truly muddled race.

It would still come down to Romney and McCain if Rudy were to finish third. He must post a W in order to stay in the race.

Given the effort Giuliani has put into FL, I'd be surprised if he wasn't ahead among early voters

Dave

Well I think that's what his campaign is banking on. If they aren't ahead right now, it is time he just hung it up. Hopefully now he'll get a lot of press coverage since he hasn't in the first five states.
MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:25 pm »
Ignore

Rudy may still win and McCain may get a bronze...that would cause problems.

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 01:28:36 pm »
Ignore

And it isn't inconceivable to think, considering the fluidity of McCain's supporters, that a loss in Florida could be a real killer to the McSurge we've seen. Many of McCain's supporters are supporting him because of their hatred of Romney and Huckabee, as I know I would in the earlier states to knock off Huckabee/Romney. If Giuliani can win Florida and prove he is still a viable candidate, and his strategy is working as planned, then McCain could lose a lot of support. McCain is hated much more by the base than Giuliani is. I know many who would refuse to vote for McCain. I'm sure Rudy would have the same, but McCain has always had people among the base that have opposed him.
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 02:07:53 pm »
Ignore

MITT MITT MITT MITT MITT

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 02:49:43 pm »
Ignore

Holy f**k I hope this is true.

MITT MITT MITT MITT MITT

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 03:39:17 pm »
Ignore

Mason-Dixon is the God of Florida Polling (tm), right?

No. They are the Man of Florida Polling (tm). All other pollsters are the Hobgoblins on Florida Polling (tm).

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:52:31 pm »
Ignore

And it isn't inconceivable to think, considering the fluidity of McCain's supporters, that a loss in Florida could be a real killer to the McSurge we've seen. Many of McCain's supporters are supporting him because of their hatred of Romney and Huckabee, as I know I would in the earlier states to knock off Huckabee/Romney. If Giuliani can win Florida and prove he is still a viable candidate, and his strategy is working as planned, then McCain could lose a lot of support. McCain is hated much more by the base than Giuliani is. I know many who would refuse to vote for McCain. I'm sure Rudy would have the same, but McCain has always had people among the base that have opposed him.

Exactly. Can McCain become the apparent nominee or will the contest be deffered to Super Tuesday...what will happen if there is no deciviveness in Super Tuesday?

[/quot
CultureKing
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 07:16:16 pm »
Ignore

Holy f**k I hope this is true.

MITT MITT MITT MITT MITT

Econ: -6.50, Social: -5.23
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 04:51:25 am »
Ignore

The thing is, I don't really see Guliani winning. Romney could win, but I doubt Guliani will. In that case Guliani is really bust, even if he beats McCain (which I doubt he will).

MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:22 am »
Ignore

Willy
Golden Arches
Guily?

[/quot
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 12:26:01 pm »
Ignore

Exactly. Can McCain become the apparent nominee or will the contest be deffered to Super Tuesday...what will happen if there is no deciviveness in Super Tuesday?

If McCain wins Florida, he wins.  Period.

Romney is still polling at a miserable 15% or so nationwide, and Super Tuesday is the day those national polls will actually matter.  I mean, sure, he can maybe win in places like Utah and (maybe) Massachusetts, but if McCain's going to win California, New Jersey, and New York.  Huckabee might win some southern states, but that's all the better for McCain—it keeps Romney from scoring wins there, and Huckabee isn't going to be able to unmarginalize himself by winning a handful of southern states.

Republicans should have these kind of primaries more often.  McCain is essentially walking the path I assumed Rudy Giuliani would have walked about six or nine months ago, and it's all because the crazy right are preoccupied with lesser candidates.

Christ will return in 7-10 years.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 12:57:44 pm »
Ignore

Mitt Romney: America's Choice.

As expected the wop won.

Eraserhead's Original Update: Open For Business 24/7
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 01:19:39 pm »
Ignore

If McCain wins Florida, he wins.  Period.

Romney is still polling at a miserable 15% or so nationwide, and Super Tuesday is the day those national polls will actually matter.  I mean, sure, he can maybe win in places like Utah and (maybe) Massachusetts, but if McCain's going to win California, New Jersey, and New York.  Huckabee might win some southern states, but that's all the better for McCain—it keeps Romney from scoring wins there, and Huckabee isn't going to be able to unmarginalize himself by winning a handful of southern states.

Republicans should have these kind of primaries more often.  McCain is essentially walking the path I assumed Rudy Giuliani would have walked about six or nine months ago, and it's all because the crazy right are preoccupied with lesser candidates.

I agree with Mr. Moderate. Huckabee is out of this and Romney and Guliani are both fighting for their lives now in Florida. If McCain wins there he will be the nominee. It's possible that Romney will stay in beyond Super Tuesday even if he's without a chance though.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout