why is incest wrong? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:43:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  why is incest wrong? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why is incest wrong?  (Read 6497 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 22, 2008, 04:52:15 AM »

1. How do you really determine consent when there is usually a strong superiority relationship (i.e, parent-to-child, older sibling-to-younger)?

First, I'm going to disagree.  The could be an incestuous relationship between adults, even in separate households.  There could be legitimate consent.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My big one is birth defects and genetic abnormalities.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:28:18 AM »

First, I'm going to disagree.  The could be an incestuous relationship between adults, even in separate households.  There could be legitimate consent.

I actually see no great harm in adult incest.  If it's not directly harming anyone, I don't much care.  I assumed this question was about family incest, which was probably perfunctory.

But when it comes to adult/child incest, or child/child incest, or any incest with disproportionate levels of consent, it's rape of the worst kind.

When it involves children, I say no, because of consent and the ability to give consent.

My big one is birth defects and genetic abnormalities.

I'm getting déjà vu.  Wasn't it established in an old topic that it isn't a concern unless it's multi-generational incest?  And that only relates to procreation, not all incestuous sexual relationships.  That seems like one of the most trivial arguments against it.

Edit: That may have been among cousins, actually.  Siblings probably have a much higher rate.  But, again, I doubt many siblings are interested in procreation.  Or sex, for that matter.  Yuck.  Glad I'm an only child.
[/quote]

I think we did have that discussion, but not that conclusion.  I remember posting a photo Charles the Bewitched (and asking States how deformed he was).  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 06:37:42 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2008, 08:35:29 AM by J. J. »

Don't let this

happen to you!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies