Gaza strip events
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:02:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Gaza strip events
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gaza strip events  (Read 1134 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:14:01 AM »

Important what's happening currently in Gaza.

The peoples from Gaza come in mass in Egypt to get some food and other basic things to live, they seem to be like refugees.

Still more important are the TV images of this event. I think the impact will be very strong in the international Arab and Muslim community, giving in the opinion something like that: "Israel/Occident are making the habitants of Gaza poor and refugees in their great Arab Muslim friend, Egypt".

I think these sort of thing are important cause they strengthen still more the feeling of international Arab community and then also the feeling of international Muslim community, both of them with an anti-Israel/Occident feeling.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:17:10 AM »

Please use "the West" or "western world" instead of "occident". Thank you.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »

Still more important are the TV images of this event. I think the impact will be very strong in the international Arab and Muslim community, giving in the opinion something like that: "Israel/Occident are making the habitants of Gaza poor and refugees in their great Arab Muslim friend, Egypt".

That's not a change from the status quo, though. It's par for the course as far as the Middle Eastern Muslim world is concerned.

My opinion is that the best thing that the Palestinians could do for themselves is to abandon Hamas and terrorist tactics altogether. This is their biggest obstacle to winning the PR war on all fronts as they could no longer be called terrorists with any validity, so Israel couldn't justify the tactics they are currently using. Unfortunately this probably won't happen anytime soon.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »

That's not a change from the status quo, though. It's par for the course as far as the Middle Eastern Muslim world is concerned.

My opinion is that the best thing that the Palestinians could do for themselves is to abandon Hamas and terrorist tactics altogether. This is their biggest obstacle to winning the PR war on all fronts as they could no longer be called terrorists with any validity, so Israel couldn't justify the tactics they are currently using. Unfortunately this probably won't happen anytime soon.

I concur with John on this.

The Arabs hating Israel is nothing new here, either.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:46:34 AM »

Except Egypt hates the Palestinians too.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
We shall see how Egypt handles this.  I predict they will end up resecuring the border within the week.  This won't last.  Egypt doesn't want a few million Palestinians in their country looking for work/starting up sh**t.  They (and many others) will try to pass the "problem" back on to Israel, but nobody is stopping the Egyptians (or anybody else for that matter) from sending food and medicine and what not into Gaza. 
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 12:23:57 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2008, 01:15:03 PM by tsionebreicruoc »

Except Egypt hates the Palestinians too.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
We shall see how Egypt handles this.  I predict they will end up resecuring the border within the week.  This won't last.  Egypt doesn't want a few million Palestinians in their country looking for work/starting up sh**t.  They (and many others) will try to pass the "problem" back on to Israel, but nobody is stopping the Egyptians (or anybody else for that matter) from sending food and medicine and what not into Gaza. 

Course Egyptians don't want Palestinians as Syrians don't want Iraqi refugees.

But in the mind of the peoples it's one more problem caused by Israel/Western. Egyptians don't want Palestinians on their borders but all the Arabs and Muslims around the world who see this on TV will say: "Poor Palestinians, look at what Israel/Western has done, once again" and will be then more receptive to the hating speeches against Israel/Western, radical Islam grows on these sort of TV images.

For example, do you know what answer some Senegalese converted to radical Islam? They say that they chose this way because US invaded Irak and Afghanistan. Do they care about Iraqi? about Pachtouns? They are African Peuls and the only thing which bind them with all of this is the anti-Western or anti-Western/Israel feeling.

Here, I speak about TV and about feeling, both of them are now international.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »

You know a place is a total craphole when thousands of people are trying to get to Egypt.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies