Going through my movie collection...I realized something
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:35:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Going through my movie collection...I realized something
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Going through my movie collection...I realized something  (Read 1765 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 02:06:19 AM »

I watched my first on one of those first modern home entainment systems. 50'' projection TV, 5.1 or 7.1 Stereo and the DVD player, Digital Cable and VHS and CD player....with a subwoofer. It was like a theatere...until it broke.. or we stopped using it.

in 1998? impressive...

I'm jealous now, being a poor law student sucks!

Well, that was me as a kid when my dad owned a promising contractor firm. I am now astranged from my father for him being under federal criminal investigation for manslaughter and am a poor law student.

Uhh...I'm sorry man.
Well, thanks for your sympathy. ...but things change and you have to deal with your situation and new interests accordingly.

Of course...I'll admit...of all the possible replies to my previous post...the story about your father wasn't in the realm of forseeable replies.

Just wanted to bring home the idea that things can change a lot in 10 years. I had a great lifestyle 10 years ago, but my dad was going nuts and I wasn't getting anywhere in my studies.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 02:28:35 AM »

Ahem...i hope you guys arent behind the times too?

I switched in 2000, right when you couldn't find the newest titles on vhs (Gladiator/Patriot) nearly as soon as dvd.
I honestly didn't notice a huge change in releases until about the middle of this decade. Which from what I've heard is the norm for most people. I still watch a lot of our old videos and listen to cassettes though... Partially because the CD player in my car is busted.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 09:10:03 AM »

I still use VHS (aswell as DVD..). Sad
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 12:22:33 PM »

Creating a thread about it is abnormal.

I'm being serious. It's been 1 1/2 years and it seems literally so recent...I can remember putting the video in my VCR.

You were still using a VCR 18 months ago? Get with the times, man. 
Anyhow, I prefer to rent movies rather than buy them for this very reason. I'm just not going to watch most movies more than a couple of times. I do make exceptions for my absolute favorites.

VHS became obsolete around 2000-2001. I wonder what they next thing will be? Movie Sticks by 2016ish or Movie Broadcast  Codes?

The next thing is going to be digital on demand. There's really no need for a physical medium that can be lost, stolen, scratched, or whatever. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »

Creating a thread about it is abnormal.

I'm being serious. It's been 1 1/2 years and it seems literally so recent...I can remember putting the video in my VCR.

You were still using a VCR 18 months ago? Get with the times, man. 
Anyhow, I prefer to rent movies rather than buy them for this very reason. I'm just not going to watch most movies more than a couple of times. I do make exceptions for my absolute favorites.

VHS became obsolete around 2000-2001. I wonder what they next thing will be? Movie Sticks by 2016ish or Movie Broadcast  Codes?

HD or Blu-Ray, whichever wins.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »

Old classics that few may be familar with like "A Fine Mess" with Ted Danson and Howie Mandel from 1986 and "Silent Rage" with Chuck Norris.

Yea, those are the old classics for sure...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies