Help with MUN Research: Creation of the EU and the Delors Commission
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:06:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Help with MUN Research: Creation of the EU and the Delors Commission
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with MUN Research: Creation of the EU and the Delors Commission  (Read 545 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:52:48 PM »
« edited: January 25, 2008, 07:17:13 PM by True Democrat »

I don't make an egocentric thread that often, so I think I'm due.

I'm attending the Ivy League Model United Nations conference at the University of Pennsylvania next weekend.  I am representing Christiane Scrivener on the Delors Commission in 1992.  Now, I'm having a bit of trouble finding research, so I'm wondering if anyone has any good online or possibly book sources.

Here are my two issues:
Open Markets and Use of a Common Currency (Economic Integration)
Judicial Coherence

Also, Scrivener was a member of the Republican Party of France and served in the Chirac and Barre cabinets, if that helps at all.  I think figuring out the party's positions on these issues might also help to unlock her positions.

Thanks in advance everyone!
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

Anyone?

Perhaps some Brits or other Europeans with great knowledge of the EU could be of some help. . .
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »

I haven't heard of the guy in question, but if we're talking about European politicians and European integration there is a simple rule of thumb that I use: if he/she is a high-ranking politician from a country other than the United Kingdom he/she is in favour of all European integration. If he/she is not from Sweden, Denmark or Germany (or is Berlusconi) he/she is wildly and enthusiastically in favour of European integration.

So, my guess would be wildly in favour use of a common currency and judicial coherence. As for Open Markets, the French never favour open markets, regardless of whether they're left or right. They like state-controlled businesses.

This guy could be a huge exception of course, but it's unlikely.

As for the Republican party of France they're generally very pro-Europe, though that is based on the firm belief that European integration will be a vehicle of a return to power and glory for France. They basically oppose whatever they think is not in France's national interest, so some of their key objectives are keeping Germany and the UK down so as to retain French dominance within the union.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

I haven't heard of the guy in question, but if we're talking about European politicians and European integration there is a simple rule of thumb that I use: if he/she is a high-ranking politician from a country other than the United Kingdom he/she is in favour of all European integration. If he/she is not from Sweden, Denmark or Germany (or is Berlusconi) he/she is wildly and enthusiastically in favour of European integration.

So, my guess would be wildly in favour use of a common currency and judicial coherence. As for Open Markets, the French never favour open markets, regardless of whether they're left or right. They like state-controlled businesses.

This guy could be a huge exception of course, but it's unlikely.

As for the Republican party of France they're generally very pro-Europe, though that is based on the firm belief that European integration will be a vehicle of a return to power and glory for France. They basically oppose whatever they think is not in France's national interest, so some of their key objectives are keeping Germany and the UK down so as to retain French dominance within the union.

The person I am representing is a woman.  However, more than just being pro-European Integration, I am looking for how to integrate in the two issues I have described.

What would be very helpful would be some sort of platform for the Republican Party of France (in English).

Thanks for that info though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies