Midwest 2.5th Constitution!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:42:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest 2.5th Constitution!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Midwest 2.5th Constitution!  (Read 1347 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »

Hello Midwesterners,

I've made a Constitution that only modifies the Second one a little bit, to give me the full title (and retitle Lieutenant Governor as "Secretary"), rename the official name of the Midwest, and to abolish the "Voting Regulations Convention" thing which was only obeyed like three times.  At least, I think that's what the substantive changes are.

Anyway, you can look at it here!

Tell me what you think, if you think we should be more or less radical Smiley

-ILV
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:26:02 PM »

Im fine with all of these things, ILV. The Great Governor of the Midwest has no need for a lt. governor! Grin Grin Grin
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:28:15 PM »

Looks good to me.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:31:43 PM »

I know this is the same as in the old Constitution, but I love how you're basically established to be governor for life.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »

I know this is the same as in the old Constitution, but I love how you're basically established to be governor for life.

Consistent with the legitimate and democratic will of the Midwestern people!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:35:02 PM »

You should change it to require unanimous disapproval. That way, you would never be voted out, because you could always vote for yourself.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

You should change it to require unanimous disapproval. That way, you would never be voted out, because you could always vote for yourself.

Aww, but that's less fun.  This way makes me appear more legitimate Smiley (and also wards the region against some horrible tragedy, in case I become a driveling idiot... oops, too late)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »

Aww, but that's less fun.  This way makes me appear more legitimate Smiley (and also wards the region against some horrible tragedy, in case I become a driveling idiot... oops, too late)

Well, it's your choice.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »

Why such elaborate titles?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »

Because he's an egotistical power-hoarding maniac a Governor.  Tongue

It's gonna be a shock to the region when Verin is no longer Governor (in like 50 years).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 11:35:43 PM »

Your lack of knowledge on the fantastic ways of the Midwest show clearly, my friend. Cheesy
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 12:36:48 AM »

Quite an interesting Constitution you have hear Governor. Do you have any plans to retire anytime soon? Or you could be facing this in the capital Belle Fourche:

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 12:41:58 AM »

Quite an interesting Constitution you have hear Governor. Do you have any plans to retire anytime soon? Or you could be facing this in the capital Belle Fourche:

I have always supported a preemptive strike on the Midwest. They're assault on freedom and their authoritarian regime cannot last. We also have reports that they have been stockpilin' nukleer weapons in North Dakota. We cannot let this stand.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 12:44:30 AM »

To you both: the governor is incredibly popular here, and taking him down by the ballot box or the sword will both be an extremely difficult task.....of that I assure you. Grin
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »

I have always supported a preemptive strike on the Midwest. They're assault on freedom and their authoritarian regime cannot last. We also have reports that they have been stockpilin' nukleer weapons in North Dakota. We cannot let this stand.

Mr. President, if you do launch a preemptive strike on the Midwest, it may boil over into neighbouring Canada. Won't somebody think of the children Tongue.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 01:08:19 AM »

Mr. President, if you do launch a preemptive strike on the Midwest, it may boil over into neighbouring Canada. Won't somebody think of the children Tongue.

The children are their secret weapon. They are brainwashing them into believing their Midwestern anti-Atlasian values. The children are the problem and they must be fought. Canada's had it coming for a long time too, with their Frenchy Quebecois theocracy and rabid Feminazist regime.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 01:59:24 AM »

It's pronounced nuculer, Mr. President.

I though we were already at war with Canada.  Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 05:57:52 AM »

Needless to say, it is a most excellent Constitution!

Some humble suggestions...
1. Amend the ballot editing provision to bring it in line with federal law (20 minutes to edit your original ballot) - simply to avoid confusion.
2. On the Assumption of the Governorship/Secretaryship, it says...
"The [officer]-elect shall take the oath of office on the first Thursday following the second election."
I'm confused by the "second election" phrase as to what it means exactly.

All in all, good work! Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »

Needless to say, it is a most excellent Constitution!

Some humble suggestions...
1. Amend the ballot editing provision to bring it in line with federal law (20 minutes to edit your original ballot) - simply to avoid confusion.

Makes sense to me!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's just for the Governorship, so by "second election" I mean "the election where you actually decide on the candidate" rather than "the election which is a referendum on the current governor", because for some reason just saying election confused me.  Maybe there is some wording which would make more sense? Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 05:17:32 AM »

2. On the Assumption of the Governorship/Secretaryship, it says...
"The [officer]-elect shall take the oath of office on the first Thursday following the second election."
I'm confused by the "second election" phrase as to what it means exactly.

That's just for the Governorship, so by "second election" I mean "the election where you actually decide on the candidate" rather than "the election which is a referendum on the current governor", because for some reason just saying election confused me.  Maybe there is some wording which would make more sense? Smiley

Ah, I understand - it's fine then.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 08:23:27 AM »

Suggestions:

In honour of Georgius Flour of West Fargo, ND, a decorated WW2 veteran, it may be important to strike 'Governor of the Greater Midwestern Co-Prosperity Sphere' and retitle Mayor of Confusion to 'Governor of confusion'.

'Clause VII: Ties
If an election results in a tie, the candidate with the least number of disapprovals shall advance. If this too is a tie, the Governor shall make a decision. '

also needs to change, because disapprovals are specifically outlined in Clause I.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »

Okay, people, election is this weekend.  I'll probably try to start the election around 10:00 PM Central time on Thursday.

Unfortunately, I'll have to decline the honorable Mr. Flour's request (you see, it was either that or welikeverin, which has no "Midwest" in it, according to a vote last year).

The ties thing was taken care of by eliminating the reference to that in clause one Smiley
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17:51 PM »

Okay, Clerk of Optimism, this needs a bit of work. First off, why is the Lieutenant Governor now to be called "Secretary"?

For another, now that I am a member of your party, why does this new Constitution not mention cakes, pies, brownies, strudels, cookies, or any other baked goods even once?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies