The more attractive hair on women in the 1980's
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:20:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The more attractive hair on women in the 1980's
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The more attractive hair on women in the 1980's  (Read 6643 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
« edited: January 28, 2008, 05:24:17 PM by Mike for McCain »

This is a spin-off of the semi-related debate in the off-topic Rambo thread. I tend to like the 1980's for it's pop culture, music, politics AND the way the women looked. Now, before I say anymore...let me stress there was good 80's hair on women...and bad 80's hair on women. Here's how I see it:::

GOOD '80's HAIR, MOSTLY SEEN IN THE 1978-1984 PERIOD:

BAD '80's HAIR, MOSTLY SEEN IN THE 1985-1990 PERIOD:

Now...one reason I liked the hair styles that women had in the 80's...is because I tend to be attracted to women who have matured past the "teenage girl" look...by the time they reach 23, 24 years old or so. However, what the 80's hair did...was make 18 year old high school teenage girls LOOK LIKE 25 year old women. (Infact, my dad met my mom when she was 18 years old...but guessed her age at 24 years old because of the way she looked.)

Google image search "PROM 1984" or "PROM 1982" and you will see girls 18, 19 years old....who look like women in their 20's.

I find women more attractive once they lose that dumb teenage girl vibe. Hair in the 1990's and today makes them look their age...and they don't look like the "20-something" women I find attractive.

Can people atleast understand where I'm coming from?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »

Big Eighties, big hair.

I've seen a lot of teenage girls with their hair pulled back in a pony tail, knot.  They basically look like: 

A.  They're working on an assembly line and don't want their hair to get caught in the machinery.

B.  They are in the Army and want their helmet to fit.

C.  They in prison and every haircare product they have has been confiscated.  The only other option they have is cutting their hair off and being the husband.

D.  They just don't care.

I like 80's hair.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2008, 06:43:19 PM by Enrico Pallazzo »

Yep, women in their 80's really do have the best hair:

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »

Big Eighties, big hair.

I've seen a lot of teenage girls with their hair pulled back in a pony tail, knot.  They basically look like: 

A.  They're working on an assembly line and don't want their hair to get caught in the machinery.

C.  They in prison and every haircare product they have has been confiscated.  The only other option they have is cutting their hair off and being the husband.

I like 80's hair.

God Bless You
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:16:26 PM »

The straight hair just doesn't do it for me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »

Candidates for the death penalty.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 07:56:05 PM »

Hubba hubba...but she's not the stunner this one is...

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »

Big Eighties, big hair.

I like 80's hair.
I much prefer the pulled back in a pony tail look.  Big bonus:it only takes them 3 minutes to "do" their hair.  The 80's look took like 3 hours of hair preperation.  My time is worth more than that and I'd hope my woman's time was too.  I never put a lot into form over function though.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2008, 08:26:26 PM by Frodo »

This is what I personally prefer:
---------------------------------------

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »

I'm with Fezzy here (and also Frodo to a degree).  The bottom picture looks hideous and even the top one is rather unsightly.  On the other hand I do agree with J. J. in that the pulled back or pony tail hair looks vulgar.  I prefer hair let loose and natural-looking.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »

Big Eighties, big hair.

I like 80's hair.
I much prefer the pulled back in a pony tail look.  Big bonus:it only takes them 3 minutes to "do" their hair.  The 80's look took like 3 hours of hair preperation.  My time is worth more than that and I'd hope my woman's time was too.  I never put a lot into form over function though.

A crew cut takes almost no maintenance.  Why not just shave it, if the time is important.  Wink
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »

Big Eighties, big hair.

I like 80's hair.
I much prefer the pulled back in a pony tail look.  Big bonus:it only takes them 3 minutes to "do" their hair.  The 80's look took like 3 hours of hair preperation.  My time is worth more than that and I'd hope my woman's time was too.  I never put a lot into form over function though.

A crew cut takes almost no maintenance.  Why not just shave it, if the time is important.  Wink
Gross. Women with short hair look ugly.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 10:24:28 PM »

Big Eighties, big hair.

I like 80's hair.

Gross. Women with short hair look ugly.

Except that one sexy short black haired CNN news chick....I don't know her name...she was on back in 2001....
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 01:59:21 AM »

Naso what's your infatuation with the 1980's?
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 02:14:31 AM »

This is what I personally prefer:
---------------------------------------

Now even I think she's good looking.

Thats from Lifeboat, I love that movie.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 03:31:54 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2008, 03:48:01 AM by Mike for McCain »

It's not an "infatuation" but more a "real envy" would be a better phrase.

I have a strong photographic memory....basically from when I was 2 years old I began remembering things...and by 4 years old I was reading, learning to write, and I loved the type of music my mom and dad would listen to, such as Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, ect. Keep in mind, my mom was born in 1968...so she grew up with the big 80's music...my dad was already past the Air Force, with a daughter and a cop for a decade by the time 80's music was big...so he isn't that fond of it and is a bigger fan of Paul Simon, Johnny Rivers, The Beatles, ect. My mom was more into the 80's, and her 1986 graduation song was the '84 hit "Glory Days".

I can remember her driving with me and my then-baby sister in the backseat listening to Phil Collins, Whitney Houston, Amy Grant and that huge Bryan Adams song "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)", which I used to poke fun at while my mom would be singing it. (All were on the charts right around 1990-1991, which confirms my memory)

So...in a way....I feel a sense of semi-anger that I just missed the 80's. I was born in 1988...and I can remember life starting in 1990-1991...but very little until about 1992. I remember I'd go to my one grandmother's house, where my mom's brothers had left stuff in her basement years ago...and I would be so facinated at the turntables, the Bruce Springsteen posters, the old stickers from local Cleveland rock stations, the pens and lighters from different places in the drawers....it was so nostalgic...but in reality at the time...it was only 5-10 years old.

That's why I like October. Not only does my birthday come around...but so does Halloween. Around 1998...my older sister (then 16 years old) began taking me to Haunted Houses...and I began watching the old 80's slasher flicks. Good films, NO. Good actors, NO. But they gave off that classic 80's feeling...and I always get a fantastic sense of nostalgia when I watch a movie like "Halloween" from 1978. (WHICH IS ONE OF THE GREAT HORROR FILMS) There is a haunted house every year, since 1983, that is near Cleveland in an old building my mom used to rollerblade at in the late 70's/early 80's...and when you get outside...it's cool...it's dark...the original "Halloween" theme is playing through the loudspeaker...it gives off a sense of nostalgia.

I love that 1978-1984 feeling...of just good music...people chillin'...smoking cigarettes...just enjoying the moment. Listen to a song like "Because the Night" by Patti Smith or any early Springsteen hit and you can get that feeling. There was no "cell phone" there was no "hip hop" there was no "texting" or "internets".... there was just the moment. Time went slower...and allowed you to live in the moment. 1978 to 1988 was a LONG TIME...10 WHOLE YEARS. Now...in a year and a half...we will be nearing the end of a decade where many (not just me) remember everything from 2000 on. It's hard to live in the moment nowadays.

So, do I live in the "now"? Yes...I try. I don't care for alot of the music...but I find new songs every now and then, and there is no harm in loving the older stuff. I love the internet...and I admire advances in technology, medicine and other things...but it's irrelevent to the past. The past is something that is always there. It's set in stone. I can be 55 years old in the year 2043...and I can hold my women and sway to a soft song from 1981...and nobody can do a damn thing about it. I intend on wearing my Ray-Ban aviators in the military into the next decade and beyond. Nobody can do a damn thing about it.

I envy the past...because it's gone....and when you weren't there...you wonder...what if....

(Sorry about the long post...if I ever become a successful politican...I will be sure to put out many books with this stuff in it...although Bill Clinton stole my title.)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 03:52:49 AM »

I'm very fond of the 'look' of around 1978-1984.  Kind of a little bit of residual seventies, a little bit of anti-seventies reaction, and a goodly side dose of punk/new wave.  But yes, generally the eighties declined horribly from there, and the early nineties were quite bad too.

Also the feminine form which was in style during that early period was very slim.. I like that.  It is interesting to go back to any photos of the late seventies/early eighties and see how few people were huge and fat, unlike the present.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 04:48:53 AM »

I'm very fond of the 'look' of around 1978-1984.  Kind of a little bit of residual seventies, a little bit of anti-seventies reaction, and a goodly side dose of punk/new wave.  But yes, generally the eighties declined horribly from there, and the early nineties were quite bad too.

Also the feminine form which was in style during that early period was very slim.. I like that.  It is interesting to go back to any photos of the late seventies/early eighties and see how few people were huge and fat, unlike the present.

EXACTLY...I CAN NOT BTW BELIEVE YOU AND I AGREE ON SOMETHING!

You would see bands around 1978-1983...and on the album covers...they wouldn't look rich or famous...they would look normal. They would just be skinny...with longer hair, both the guys and girls...tight jeans...some still bell-bottoms...white button up shirts...with a cigarette in one hand....just kind of 'chillin'. That was a very cool look. But I agree...by 1985-1990...everything was entirely different.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 06:05:53 AM »

Personally I prefer 1991-1997 in most ways to 1978-1984. But I see what you mean about that time period. It had a lot of personality and creative energy (maybe it was all the coke), which seemed to fade after about 1985. In any case, I think the last 10 years have been largely boring pop culture wise. I mean honestly, Emo? Endless Sequels? Reality TV? Let's hope the 2010s are less pathetic than now.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

Personally I prefer 1991-1997 in most ways to 1978-1984. But I see what you mean about that time period. It had a lot of personality and creative energy (maybe it was all the coke), which seemed to fade after about 1985. In any case, I think the last 10 years have been largely boring pop culture wise. I mean honestly, Emo? Endless Sequels? Reality TV? Let's hope the 2010s are less pathetic than now.

The 2000's will be known as a reawakening. A very divided political climate (with the exception of 2001-2003), a new war after 9/11, and huge advances in technology.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:51 AM »

Hubba hubba...but she's not the stunner this one is...

Absolutely.  But of course, let's not forget:

oh baby
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »

Infact, my dad met my mom when she was 18 years old...but guessed her age at 24 years old because of the way she looked.

Way to kickstart the relationship. Roll Eyes
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »

Infact, my dad met my mom when she was 18 years old...but guessed her age at 24 years old because
This explains a lot.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »

I personally prefer straight or slightly wavy hair.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies