Kerry Administrations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:48:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry Administrations
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry Administrations  (Read 2904 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2004, 05:54:36 PM »

Kerry Administrations  

Any thoughts on what a Kerry Administration would look like and how it might operate? here's some suggestions...

Sectary of State:

GARY HART - Early on in the primary season Gary Hart flirted with a run for the nomination however he eventually abandoned the idea and endorsed Kerry, he has from what I hear been providing national security advice to the Kerry camp ever since … Hart also served on the US Commission on National Security, which had endorsed creation of a homeland security agency before the 9-11 attacks and has been involved with national security think tanks since he left the Senate in the 1980’s… the only potential draw back for Hart would be 1.) If he runs for the Senate in Colorado as he has been urged to do and 2.) The Donna Brazil affair, but essentially I think it’s a non issue now and cannot be held against him…

JAMES RUBIN – Was Albrights deputy and has since then been a foreign policy commentator on both sides of the Atlantic, probably too young for the post but a possibility non the less, but more than likely a potential National Security Advisor or perhaps UN ambassador.

Sectary of Defence:

WES CLARK – In my view an obvious choice, with a mass of military experience and an authority on military issues respected around the world. Republicans on this board may well disagree with this assessment…his bi-partisan past may also be an advantage in taking on such an important position (post 9-11) and inspiring confidence from voters.

BOB GRAHAM – A long and distinguished legislative career in both the senate and the governor’s mansion in Tallahassee. A prominent member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence he has a great deal of authority on the issue and has a breadth of knowledge on the subject that only Clark could be expected to rival. Graham also has a history of being a moderate Centrist Dem as a former leader of the DLC this would also help with his confirmation by congress in any Administration. However Graham exudes zero charisma and as a result might lake the sense of presence that after 9-11 the sectary of defence should really have…but a strong contender never the less.

Treasury Sectary:

ROBERT REICH – Clinton’s Sectary of Labour who left the administration over what he saw as Clinton’s conservatism in his second term. A well informed and experienced figure who endorsed Kerry early on in the race for the nomination (will he be rewarded?). However with a massive budget deficit an incoming Democratic administration would be perhaps better served with a more conservative Democrat with a better reputation for fiscal conservatism. But Reich is experienced and very much in tune with Kerry’s economic instincts and is not so liberal as to be unsuitable for the post.

JEANNE SHAHEEN – The former Governor of New Hampshire has had experience managing a budget and has been shown to be keen on fiscal restraint and has been a democratic governor of a famously frugal state with fairly limited state provided services… another Kerry backer and a very important one in New Hampshire… lost her re-election bid and that could be a draw back however in a cabinet post that should not matter so much.

Health and Human Services;

EVA CLAYTON (former Congresswoman, NC)

JOHN CONYERS (Congressman MI)

BILL BRADLEY (former Senator NJ)

Housing and Urban Development:

LEON PANETTA (former Clinton Chief of Staff)

JOHN LEWIS (Congressman GA)

RICHARD GEPHARDT (former (well he will be soon) Congressman MO)

Veterans Affairs:

MAX CLELAND (former Senator GA)

BOB KERREY (former Senator NE)

Homeland Security:  

BOB GRAHAM (former Governor and Senator FL)

WES CLARK (former NATO supreme commander)

Attorney General:

ELIOT SPITZER (NY Attorney General)

Environment:

ROBERT KENNEDY jr (NY Environmental Lawyer)

JOHN KITZHABER (former Oregon Governor)

Agriculture:

That’s all I can be arsed to do for now…but just some suggestions… Any thoughts?      

elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 05:59:07 PM »

I just hope there is one.  Somehow, I don't think Gary Hart's going to be Secretary of State, though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 05:59:11 PM »

Kerry Administrations  

Any thoughts on what a Kerry Administration would look like and how it might operate? here's some suggestions...

Sectary of State:

GARY HART - Early on in the primary season Gary Hart flirted with a run for the nomination however he eventually abandoned the idea and endorsed Kerry, he has from what I hear been providing national security advice to the Kerry camp ever since … Hart also served on the US Commission on National Security, which had endorsed creation of a homeland security agency before the 9-11 attacks and has been involved with national security think tanks since he left the Senate in the 1980’s… the only potential draw back for Hart would be 1.) If he runs for the Senate in Colorado as he has been urged to do and 2.) The Donna Brazil affair, but essentially I think it’s a non issue now and cannot be held against him…

JAMES RUBIN – Was Albrights deputy and has since then been a foreign policy commentator on both sides of the Atlantic, probably too young for the post but a possibility non the less, but more than likely a potential National Security Advisor or perhaps UN ambassador.

Sectary of Defence:

WES CLARK – In my view an obvious choice, with a mass of military experience and an authority on military issues respected around the world. Republicans on this board may well disagree with this assessment…his bi-partisan past may also be an advantage in taking on such an important position (post 9-11) and inspiring confidence from voters.

BOB GRAHAM – A long and distinguished legislative career in both the senate and the governor’s mansion in Tallahassee. A prominent member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence he has a great deal of authority on the issue and has a breadth of knowledge on the subject that only Clark could be expected to rival. Graham also has a history of being a moderate Centrist Dem as a former leader of the DLC this would also help with his confirmation by congress in any Administration. However Graham exudes zero charisma and as a result might lake the sense of presence that after 9-11 the sectary of defence should really have…but a strong contender never the less.

Treasury Sectary:

ROBERT REICH – Clinton’s Sectary of Labour who left the administration over what he saw as Clinton’s conservatism in his second term. A well informed and experienced figure who endorsed Kerry early on in the race for the nomination (will he be rewarded?). However with a massive budget deficit an incoming Democratic administration would be perhaps better served with a more conservative Democrat with a better reputation for fiscal conservatism. But Reich is experienced and very much in tune with Kerry’s economic instincts and is not so liberal as to be unsuitable for the post.

JEANNE SHAHEEN – The former Governor of New Hampshire has had experience managing a budget and has been shown to be keen on fiscal restraint and has been a democratic governor of a famously frugal state with fairly limited state provided services… another Kerry backer and a very important one in New Hampshire… lost her re-election bid and that could be a draw back however in a cabinet post that should not matter so much.

Veterans Affairs:

Homeland Security:  

Attorney General:

Environment:

Agriculture:

That’s all I can be arsed to do for now…but just some suggestions… Any thoughts?      

He will most likely lose, so this is really premature...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 06:19:25 PM »

I can hope...and while It may be hard I think that its too close to call at this stage and may remain so right up to polling day... however talking about a Kerry Administration is ust as justified as considering what could happen in Bush's second term... I really think that things are closer than they where when Dean was driving the party towards the cliff...

My 2 cents...  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 06:31:52 PM »

I can hope...and while It may be hard I think that its too close to call at this stage and may remain so right up to polling day... however talking about a Kerry Administration is ust as justified as considering what could happen in Bush's second term... I really think that things are closer than they where when Dean was driving the party towards the cliff...

My 2 cents...  

Yes, but what wouldn't be that? Wink I do think that Kerry has a chance, but I view Bush as the favourite.
Demrepdan

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 06:38:10 PM »

Why would he pick Dick Gephardt to be his Secretary of Health and Human Services? I don't think Gephardt will be in the cabinet at ALL.

I could better imagine Dr. Howard Dean with this position.....instead of Gephardt.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 06:40:09 PM »

It begins with a concession call to W and ends with a concession speech to America.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 07:37:12 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2004, 07:40:50 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Very interesting thread. Kerry may lose, but that shouldn't stop us from having a bit of fun speculating. Wink

Sectary of State:

Actually, I was also thinking of Rubin as a possibility for Sec. Of State, bearing in mind that he has plenty of experience for his age and that he was a key figure in organising the Nato strike on Kosovo. He's been doing a lot of work as a pundit for the BBC over here. Very charming, likeable guy with a bright future ahead of him.

If not Rubin then I honestly think Kerry should consider Wes Clark as Sec. of State.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Cleland seems the obvious choice there, but then I don't really know enough about Kerrey.

Perhaps Kerry should choose Kerrey as his running mate. Kerry/Kerrey, geddit? Geddit? OK, I'll shut up now.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 07:37:22 PM »

Conyers is very liberal, he will not be picked
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 08:21:09 PM »

So now we're swearing in President Kerry.  Uh, ok.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 09:12:43 PM »

President: John Kerry
Vice President: Evan Bayh
Sec. of State: Wesley Clark
Sec. of Defense: Bob Graham
Sec. of envirionment: Dennis Kucinich
Attorney General: John edwards
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 09:45:36 PM »

Kerry Administrations  

Sectary of State:

Sectary of Defence:

Treasury Sectary:

Veterans Affairs:

Homeland Security:  

Attorney General:

Environment:

Agriculture:

sounds good... gary hart sec of state? i doubt it....wes clark could be def but if he doesnt get a power position poss like sec of the army or something
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 09:48:12 PM »

Clark and Graham at State and Defense.  Hmmm.  Since we're including in the cabinet the two biggest nutcases that were running for President, we gotta find a spot for Dean as well.  Can't leave him out.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 09:50:08 PM »

yes we can
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2004, 09:52:29 PM »

Communications director.   Yeeeaaaaah
M

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 12:17:28 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2004, 12:40:36 AM by M »

Right, if this thread or one like it is around in about July I'll make some serious posts. But for now I think I'll be an evil evil Republican. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha (Bowser laugh).

President: John F***ing Kerry

First Lady: Mrs. Heinz 57

Vice President: Jane Fonda (Mrs. 57 has issues with this)

Sec of State: A real diplomat extraordinaire, Fritz Hollings. Unfortunately no oone can understand him even in his own state.

Sec of Defense: Wes Clark, who immediately reports mass desertions and unpatrioticness (frequently asked if 'unpatrioticness' is a word)

Sec of Labour: Sen Edwards' father, who grew up in a saw mill with grease in his face and lint in his hair or whatever

Attorney General: Sen Edwards, who got revenge by suing the mill for all it was worth

Sec of World Peace: Dennis Kucinich (who else, might I ask?)

Head of the Federal Reserve: Al Sharpton, as soon as he can be informed what it is

Head of EPA: Stormin' Norman Global Warmin' Schwarzkopf

NASA head: Leonard Nimoy. Why not, I'd like to know? It is a perfectly logical choice. (Yes, Leonard, you are TOO Spock. )

White House Spokesperson: Vermin Supreme. While presenting important time travel research and tooth care policies to the public at large, he builds secret contacts and becomes the most powerful man in Washington

Attractive young white house intern: Madames 57 and Fonda both have issues with her. Go Kerry! (You'll only hear me say that once)

Angry, bitter disppointed man who prowls around Burlington offices yelling at anyone and everyone he can think of (do not underestimate the importance of this post): Howard Dean
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 03:27:29 PM »

Communications director.   Yeeeaaaaah
I like that Smiley

Right, if this thread or one like it is around in about July I'll make some serious posts. But for now I think I'll be an evil evil Republican. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha (Bowser laugh).

President: John F***ing Kerry

First Lady: Mrs. Heinz 57

Vice President: Jane Fonda (Mrs. 57 has issues with this)

Sec of State: A real diplomat extraordinaire, Fritz Hollings. Unfortunately no oone can understand him even in his own state.

Sec of Defense: Wes Clark, who immediately reports mass desertions and unpatrioticness (frequently asked if 'unpatrioticness' is a word)

Sec of Labour: Sen Edwards' father, who grew up in a saw mill with grease in his face and lint in his hair or whatever

Attorney General: Sen Edwards, who got revenge by suing the mill for all it was worth

Sec of World Peace: Dennis Kucinich (who else, might I ask?)

Head of the Federal Reserve: Al Sharpton, as soon as he can be informed what it is

Head of EPA: Stormin' Norman Global Warmin' Schwarzkopf

NASA head: Leonard Nimoy. Why not, I'd like to know? It is a perfectly logical choice. (Yes, Leonard, you are TOO Spock. )

White House Spokesperson: Vermin Supreme. While presenting important time travel research and tooth care policies to the public at large, he builds secret contacts and becomes the most powerful man in Washington

Attractive young white house intern: Madames 57 and Fonda both have issues with her. Go Kerry! (You'll only hear me say that once)

Angry, bitter disppointed man who prowls around Burlington offices yelling at anyone and everyone he can think of (do not underestimate the importance of this post): Howard Dean
Now, there's a really mature post.
M

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 06:17:09 PM »

Really? It wasn't meant to be. But it was pretty funny, no?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 06:22:01 PM »

Really? It wasn't meant to be. But it was pretty funny, no?

I think he was being ironic, but that's just a guess... Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies