Vander Blubb inappropriately slandering Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:08:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Vander Blubb inappropriately slandering Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Vander Blubb inappropriately slandering Obama  (Read 2551 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »

I don't know if any of the rest of you have noticed but the poster Vander Blubb has apparently made it his mission to perpetrate the lies about Obama's religion through his forum signature.  This morning his signature was a cartoon of Obama dressed like bin Laden with the caption  "Beware Obama bin Laden."  I notified a moderator that I thought this image was inappropriate and offensive.  Now, less than 4 hours thereafter, it is an image of Obama with the Muslim crescent moon on his head.

First of all, its been proven time and again that Obama is not now nor was he ever a Muslim.  Secondly, what if he was?  Vander Blubb (and millions of other conservatives) seems to find it acceptable to equate the Muslim religion with terrorism and label all of its followers terrorists or threats to America.  How is this acceptable in a country built on religious acceptance?  Such assumptions ooze with religious intolerance.  The vast majority of Muslims adhere to the actual tenants of Islam which promote peace and tolerance.  Many of those who have immigrated to America were fleeing oppressive regimes which have distorted Islamic law for their own gains.  Finally, when looking at both of the signatures Vander Blubb has put up it becomes clear that he is trying to imply that Obama is an Islamic extremist in league with terrorists.  Personally I don't think we at the forum should tolerate inflammatory signatures such as these.  If Vander Blubb wishes to voice his opposition to Obama in his signature thats fine but in my opinion his current line of signatures have crossed the line.

My hope is that you, my fellow forum members, will also be outraged by Vander Blubb's defamatory signatures.  I also hope that Dave and the moderators will see fit to put an end to them.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

Boohoo.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »

People still pay attention to Vander Blubb?

He obviously put that there to get this very kind of attention.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:24:38 PM »

I don't know if any of the rest of you have noticed but the poster Vander Blubb has apparently made it his mission to perpetrate the lies about Obama's religion through his forum signature.  This morning his signature was a cartoon of Obama dressed like bin Laden with the caption  "Beware Obama bin Laden."  I notified a moderator that I thought this image was inappropriate and offensive.  Now, less than 4 hours thereafter, it is an image of Obama with the Muslim crescent moon on his head.

First of all, its been proven time and again that Obama is not now nor was he ever a Muslim.  Secondly, what if he was?  Vander Blubb (and millions of other conservatives) seems to find it acceptable to equate the Muslim religion with terrorism and label all of its followers terrorists or threats to America.  How is this acceptable in a country built on religious acceptance?  Such assumptions ooze with religious intolerance.  The vast majority of Muslims adhere to the actual tenants of Islam which promote peace and tolerance.  Many of those who have immigrated to America were fleeing oppressive regimes which have distorted Islamic law for their own gains.  Finally, when looking at both of the signatures Vander Blubb has put up it becomes clear that he is trying to imply that Obama is an Islamic extremist in league with terrorists.  Personally I don't think we at the forum should tolerate inflammatory signatures such as these.  If Vander Blubb wishes to voice his opposition to Obama in his signature thats fine but in my opinion his current line of signatures have crossed the line.

My hope is that you, my fellow forum members, will also be outraged by Vander Blubb's defamatory signatures.  I also hope that Dave and the moderators will see fit to put an end to them.

I don't think the mods should stop it. I think we should just make a poll to show how wrong it is.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »

Meh. Things just as bad or worse happen on this forum all the time. I would like to stop all of them, and in an ideal world the codes of conduct on this forum would be upheld more strictly. But I don't expect that they will.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »

If it's written down, it's libel surely? Anyways, a sad state of affairs when such an accusation could ever be considered either. Or that it could even be an accusation in the first place.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »

We could hold a poll to demerit. BRTD does that...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »

While I can understand padfoots point, skewed images in the name of humor have been used on this site since the beginning and are in no way meant to be taken as factual.  Padfoot, I think you should just take those with a grain of salt.  As far as Obama being muslim, we've discussed this numerous times on the forum, and most sane people know that he is in fact Christian, and the nearest muslim in his family is his grandfather (if memory serves me correctly).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »

We could hold a poll to demerit. BRTD does that...

Since when do we base our behavior off BRTD?  Terrible idea.

Well, you could probably go pretty far by doing that, only through doing the opposite of what BRTD does. Tongue
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »

I dunno.... I find some of his tactics effective.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »

He's just a joke poster.  Don't worry about it.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »

ban his ass

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »

I am pissed at Blubb myself.

His sig pictures were REALLY enjoyable.  Much as I like Obama, I would rather see Blubb's old pix.  Those girls all love me.  I can tell by the way they are looking at me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 12:39:04 AM »

He's just a joke poster.  Don't worry about it.

That basically sums up the situation with him.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »

in hindsight I probably let my emotions get the better of me when I was posting this during the afternoon.  It just really pissed me off that he went from Obama=Osama to Obama=Muslim in less than 4 hours.  What really irks me though is Vander Blubb's use of Muslim as a slur.  I had just read this yesterday which is what really prompted me to create this thread:

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/leonard_pitts/story/393654.html
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 01:53:42 AM »

in hindsight I probably let my emotions get the better of me when I was posting this during the afternoon.  It just really pissed me off that he went from Obama=Osama to Obama=Muslim in less than 4 hours.  What really irks me though is Vander Blubb's use of Muslim as a slur.  I had just read this yesterday which is what really prompted me to create this thread:

I certainly would consider it an insult of someone called me a muslim.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 11:19:42 AM »

I, of course, wouldn't.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

That has to do with you not liking people who are "different".
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 07:23:33 PM »

I, of course, wouldn't.

Of course a dirty Mahometan like you wouldn't be offended Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 01:52:37 AM »

No, that has to do with not liking a group of people who would kill you or me in a heartbeat w/out a second thought.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 01:59:30 AM »

No, that has to do with not liking a group of people who would kill you or me in a heartbeat w/out a second thought.

Well, given that there are three million Muslims in the United States today, evidently they must be having at least some kind of second thoughts. Tongue
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 04:44:03 AM »

If only people got this upset when a certain poster slandered other posters in this forum...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 07:05:49 AM »

I like Vander Blubb. He's one of the funniest trollish joke posters we've had.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 04:51:30 PM »

Well, given that there are three million Muslims in the United States today, evidently they must be having at least some kind of second thoughts. Tongue

Me.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 05:09:52 PM »

Let's put all people of one faith into the same basket and brand them all as terrorists!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies