Real Presence in the Eucharist (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:34:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Real Presence in the Eucharist (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Real Presence in the Eucharist  (Read 8561 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: January 31, 2008, 12:39:10 AM »

Martin Luther to Ulrich Zwingli...

"I would rather drink blood with the pope than mere wine with the Swiss."

I know that Luther believed in it, as do almost all Lutherans.  Every Church I can think of that is "directly descended" from Catholicism (Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran) all believe it.  It's the Churches that came from them that do not.

Which Lutherans do not believe it?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »

Martin Luther to Ulrich Zwingli...

"I would rather drink blood with the pope than mere wine with the Swiss."

I know that Luther believed in it, as do almost all Lutherans.  Every Church I can think of that is "directly descended" from Catholicism (Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran) all believe it.  It's the Churches that came from them that do not.

Which Lutherans do not believe it?

As with all Protestant groups, there are a few splinter groups who call themselves "Lutheran" who don't.

As I understood it, I'm LCMS, Lutherans believe that christ is present in communion, but (and this seemed to be confirmed in catholic high school...perhaps my educators didn't know what they were talking about) there's a slight difference between us and the RCC...don't you guys believe that the bread and wine, briefly (if for an extremely small moment) become flesh and blood...I don't really seeing there being a functional difference...Christ is present either way...
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:27:21 PM »

There is a difference between purely symbolic and "symbolic" of an obvious truth.

On that note, I would like to say that I wish this were the middle ages, so I could have you tried as a heretic and I might dispose of this argument.

(I wonder how much Devil's Advocates can make.  Possibly more than a Grand Inquisitioner?)

Depends on a few factors
1) Firm Size
2) City
3) Area of Practice
4a) For those just out of school, institution and class rank OR
4b) Personal practice record
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies