Clinton to break pledge against campaigning in FL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:58:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Clinton to break pledge against campaigning in FL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clinton to break pledge against campaigning in FL  (Read 2115 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »

Another Hillary flip-flop. Shocking.

McCain-Romney is going to be real close, so I wouldn't expect the media to pay too much attention to her nonsense tonight.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »

It's not a flip-flop.  Parsing, yes, but she's not really campaigning.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »

Obama is tied with her in friggin' CT now, so she might want to spend some of her time there instead.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »

Lets be clear here, Hillary Clinton did NOT break the pledge. The pledge stated that the candidate cannot campaign until after the state held its vote. Clinton returned to FL after 8 PM. She did not break the rules. Obama had ads running in the state. Did he break the rules? I wonder why we did not make a fuss about that?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

Lets be clear here, Hillary Clinton did NOT break the pledge. The pledge stated that the candidate cannot campaign until after the state held its vote. Clinton returned to FL after 8 PM. She did not break the rules. Obama had ads running in the state. Did he break the rules? I wonder why we did not make a fuss about that?
Hillary engaged in GOTV activities that violated the letter and the  spirit of the DNC rules.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 01:09:17 AM »

Hillary engaged in GOTV activities that violated the letter and the  spirit of the DNC rules.

What about Obama? Why is there no blame for him? Is he God or something. Obama clearly had TV ads in FL, not to mention he had Unite Here rally for him in FL.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 01:11:20 AM »

What about Obama? Why is there no blame for him? Is he God or something. Obama clearly had TV ads in FL, not to mention he had Unite Here rally for him in FL.

They were not "TV ads in Florida", they were national ads, which are impossible to separate from Florida in any reasonable fashion. And I defy you to find a source for the latter, including that Obama himself, or his highest campaign staff, called for the rally.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 01:19:18 AM »

They were not "TV ads in Florida", they were national ads, which are impossible to separate from Florida in any reasonable fashion. And I defy you to find a source for the latter, including that Obama himself, or his highest campaign staff, called for the rally.

Oh, you guys are good. National ad buys. Who freaking cares. Ads were aired in Florida, which is against the rules. Do you deny that? If you deny that, then you should shut the hell up about Clinton breaking any rules.

I don't give a damn if it was national ad buys or not. A pledge is a pledge and Obama did not abide by that pledge. So don't give me this bull that those ads don't count. That's the most childish excuse.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 01:24:15 AM »

Oh, you guys are good. National ad buys. Who freaking cares. Ads were aired in Florida, which is against the rules. Do you deny that? If you deny that, then you should shut the hell up about Clinton breaking any rules.

I don't give a damn if it was national ad buys or not. A pledge is a pledge and Obama did not abide by that pledge. So don't give me this bull that those ads don't count. That's the most childish excuse.

I deny that it was breaking the rules. If you had any desire to discuss subtleties rationally, you would see that. But you do not; you would prefer to tirade against Obama, and against his supporters, on little or no evidence at all.

Airing advertisements on national networks not specifically aimed at Florida only incidentally affects the race in Florida, much as going on an interview on a national network, or appearing at a debate on a national network only incidentally affects the race in Florida. Given that the pledge also includes not attending debates in Florida, perhaps you would like to explain why every single debate aired nationally, and therefore appearing on the air in Florida, was a violation of the pledge.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 01:32:27 AM »

I deny that it was breaking the rules. If you had any desire to discuss subtleties rationally, you would see that. But you do not; you would prefer to tirade against Obama, and against his supporters, on little or no evidence at all.

Airing advertisements on national networks not specifically aimed at Florida only incidentally affects the race in Florida, much as going on an interview on a national network, or appearing at a debate on a national network only incidentally affects the race in Florida. Given that the pledge also includes not attending debates in Florida, perhaps you would like to explain why every single debate aired nationally, and therefore appearing on the air in Florida, was a violation of the pledge.

I'm just trying to get you guys to be fair here, because God knows, you're not. Obama broke the pledge because he aired ads in FL. The pledge said no ads in FL and ads were aired in FL. I don't care if it was a National ad buy. There was no provision in the pledge which allowed a national ad buy to go unnoticed. Clinton's GOTV is also a violation and the debate too are a violation. You're not being fair by taking the violations of Obama and spinning it to give Obama wiggle room. Obama has had it easy this cycle. The media loves, but I would think people on the internet would be more respectable and actually delve into this guy instead of taking his words for face value. That is when you get in trouble (i.e. Bush).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 01:35:47 AM »

I'm just trying to get you guys to be fair here, because God knows, you're not. Obama broke the pledge because he aired ads in FL. The pledge said no ads in FL and ads were aired in FL. I don't care if it was a National ad buy. There was no provision in the pledge which allowed a national ad buy to go unnoticed. Clinton's GOTV is also a violation and the debate too are a violation. You're not being fair by taking the violations of Obama and spinning it to give Obama wiggle room. Obama has had it easy this cycle. The media loves, but I would think people on the internet would be more respectable and actually delve into this guy instead of taking his words for face value. That is when you get in trouble (i.e. Bush).

I am not "giving Obama wiggle room". The national ad buy is on par with national debates, and no one has ever objected to the national debates. If you are now objecting to Obama's advertisements, you are the one creating "wiggle room" in order to assault a candidate whom you dislike.

GOTV, however, is entirely different from the national debates and national advertisements. GOTV is an operation specifically targeting Florida, an operation clearly associated, not with a national campaign and with national events, but with a Florida campaign and Florida events. There is an obvious distinction here that you are refusing to acknowledge.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 01:37:18 AM »

Incorrect. Hillary Clinton WAS in Florida this weekend campaigning in Miami, Tampa and Sarasota. The national media kept it off the front pages but the local media here beat the story to death. Hillary is a proven liar, plain and simple. But most of us already knew that way before this.

And for the record. I have NOT seen any Obama for president ads.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies