Obama picks up a slew of endorsements... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama picks up a slew of endorsements... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama picks up a slew of endorsements...  (Read 10861 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 14, 2008, 11:32:28 PM »

Should I give up hope?

In the words of Dilbert, "It replaces that sad feeling with emptiness."

Which is preferable?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:24:42 AM »

Insiders are now saying that Pelosi prefers Obama and is considering an endorsement. That could be devastating to Hillary as it represents the loss of her establishment support. Pelosi also presides over the largest group of Democratic superdelegates.

Also please note the main reason supposedly as to why Pelosi prefers Obama: she is far more optimistic about House races with him as the nominee. Pelosi and her advisers apparently believe that with Obama as the nominee Democrats will gain seats while with Hillary as the nominee Democrats will lose seats.

Source?

Frankly, House races don't matter much in Presidential years. No one remembers all the seats the Democrats lost in 1960.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:32:53 AM »

The source is legit (the link at DU goes back to The Times of the UK), but my reason for asking remains - I cannot find where it says that "she is far more optimistic about House races with him as the nominee. Pelosi and her advisers apparently believe that with Obama as the nominee Democrats will gain seats while with Hillary as the nominee Democrats will lose seats."

Here is what it says:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It sounds to me like she is thinking that if a divisive party fight goes on too long, then the party's chances in Congress would be threatened, and since Obama is currently leading, anyone thinking along those lines would be "leaning" toward him. The quote about bringing new voters into the process is interesting, but it doesn't quite amont to the same as 'we would win seats with candidate x and lose with candidate y.' Or I could just be missing the exact quote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 08:41:14 PM »

The post he linked to does provide links to more reputable sources, and it's in a neat collection.

Exactly the reason why I did so.

So where is the source that says

You must be logged in to read this quote.
?

Still unanswered.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies