Have you ever rigged an Election before?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:16:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever rigged an Election before?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever rigged an Election before?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Have you ever rigged an Election before?  (Read 1386 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 02, 2008, 04:21:25 AM »

I have rigged an election before. It was back in 2004 when we had elections for School Council. Me and my friend Zac, were asked by a teacher to create the ballot for her class. We used preferential voting and provided an example on how to vote. It turns out that the people in that class voted the exact way as the example. And thus the boy and girl were elected.

Whilst in our class we had some difficulities with the ballot. My teacher believed that if you mark 4 in the box next to your candidate that would take the place of the 1. If you get what I'm saying. It turns out the person with the most four's won!

The joys of rigging an election Grin.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 04:37:30 AM »

I was class president for the last of 2 years in high school and twice "won" with 100% of the vote. MoE = 20%. I was the consensus candidate for this job, because most in the class viewed me as the guy with the best political knowledge. A hot and smart blonde girl served as my vice president back then.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 04:41:24 AM »

I have rigged an election before. It was back in 2004 when we had elections for School Council. Me and my friend Zac, were asked by a teacher to create the ballot for her class. We used preferential voting and provided an example on how to vote. It turns out that the people in that class voted the exact way as the example. And thus the boy and girl were elected.

Whilst in our class we had some difficulities with the ballot. My teacher believed that if you mark 4 in the box next to your candidate that would take the place of the 1. If you get what I'm saying. It turns out the person with the most four's won!

In other words, you lack integrity and you're surrounded by idiots?  Are you proud of these things?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 04:42:29 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2008, 04:44:58 AM by Lt. Governor Rockefeller Republican »

In other words, you lack integrity and you're surrounded by idiots?  Are you proud of these things?

I was surrounded by idiots at the time. That was some 4 years ago. Not to mention I was in Primary School at the time.  Am I proud of it? Not really.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 04:46:52 AM »

Well that's good.  We've all done things in our past we're not proud of.  Your OP comes across like you are proud of it though, especially the last line.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 09:10:48 AM »

No, but if I wanted to pull a coup, I'd contact J.J.    Problem solved then.
perdedor

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »

No. I have never been involved in any sort of election so devoid of meaning. My friends always wanted me to run for student council and etc., but I had much better things to do after school than deliberate lame weekend school events and the banner colors at the prom.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »

Uh, no. I ran for election only once, mind you. I think I got a decent showing by promising longer lunch/recess and a pool if elected Tongue

That was in grade 5.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »

Well, a few weeks ago, my friend ran for school treasurer. I was his campaign manager, wrote his speech, etc. I think I pushed the boundaries of an acceptable speech a little bit. In contrast to the boring speeches that are the norm in student council elections, he called himself "sexy". I realize that's pretty tame, but nobody else had the courage to do anything like it, and the audience was laughing the whole time.

He beat the incumbent in a landslide.

So, no rigging here. Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 02:13:40 PM »

Sort of. I purposely asked another person to run for the same position I was running for in Student Government to split my opponent's voters. Needless to say, I became VP of the 11th grade in a landslide. Take that FFA, your 16% of school membership doesnt beat my 1337 politicking!
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »

When I ran for reelection for student body president in middle school a coauple friends of mine cast a few too many ballots for me. I won reelection by three votes. Does this mean I rigged the election? I'll never admit it. Wink

However, I was honetly elected Senior Class President by a landslide, taking 87% of the vote in a 12-way contest. That at least made up for the above incident. I just wish I could have rigged my the school baord election I lost. That's the last time I ever run as a write-in candidate for anything!
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 04:05:03 PM »

I was a ballot-counter in Middle School, and mysteriously, my unpopular friend was president all three years of middle school.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »

I was a ballot-counter in Middle School, and mysteriously, my unpopular friend was president all three years of middle school.

That is mysterious.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

In 2004, my high school had a mock election between Bush and Kerry. I jokingly told a bunch of people to write in Nader. A few people actually did- He got eight votes out of some three hundred. Not really 'rigging', though.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:45 PM »

One candidate won a precinct I was working 78 to 1, but that was straight forward campaigning.

Now, I have helped stage a few coups, including at least one that you probably heard about.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »

One candidate won a precinct I was working 78 to 1, but that was straight forward campaigning.

Now, I have helped stage a few coups, including at least one that you probably heard about.
and François Bozizé thanks you.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »

and François Bozizé thanks you.

No, but the Doctor's staff sent me a nice e-mail. Wink
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »

Yes. In fact, when Mike Gravel wins the NJ primary, you know who to blame.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 10:51:33 PM »

Yes. In fact, when Mike Gravel wins the NJ primary, you know who to blame thank.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies