Do you WANT to be President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:34:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you WANT to be President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Do you WANT to be President of the United States?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Do you WANT to be President of the United States?  (Read 5745 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »

This is a political forum with a good deal of inteligent and ambituous young men. Nearly all of us want to hold public office one day, the degree of the office may very, but most of us do want to be public servants.

So, how many of us here actaully want to be President of the United States of America? This is not, "Do you think you'll be president?" It is simply a question of would you want the biggest job in the world, to lead the free world?

As for me, no. I don't see the appeal of a job where you get balmed for everything and rob yourself of 20+ years of life. The Vice-Presidency is the job for me. That's the job I want.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »

More than anything else in the world, I want to be President of the United States.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »

Eh, nah.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »

More than anything else in the world, I want to be President of the United States.

But since America's not going to elect a Muslim in my lifetime, I'll settle for President pro tem of the Senate.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »

No. I'm far too lazy and would probably go insane from bullsh**t overload.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

I can think of few things I would want less.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 06:27:50 PM »

I used to want to be president, but I last ran for something in 6th grade. Class president, and I was against two people. A popular athletic boy and a girl. I figured the girl would take most of the female vote and the boy would take all his fellow teammate, so to win I resolved to target the girls who disliked the girl who was running and aim for the boys who were not into sports. Anyway, out of a class of 32 people, I ended up with one vote. Even the teacher, who was allowed to vote, voted for the popular guy. That really angered me, because I was at the time a straight A student, and would have clearly been the best pick for the class. I actually had realistic plans, the other two just promised pizza parties and longer recess’s . And then to top it off, the popular boy proceeded to punch me after he won.

So no, I’m not going to run for president in the foreseeable future, because people are idiots who will vote for people who look and sound good, even if they’re total jerks.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »

I can think of few things I would want less.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »

I used to want to be president, but I last ran for something in 6th grade. Class president, and I was against two people. A popular athletic boy and a girl. I figured the girl would take most of the female vote and the boy would take all his fellow teammate, so to win I resolved to target the girls who disliked the girl who was running and aim for the boys who were not into sports. Anyway, out of a class of 32 people, I ended up with one vote. Even the teacher, who was allowed to vote, voted for the popular guy. That really angered me, because I was at the time a straight A student, and would have clearly been the best pick for the class. I actually had realistic plans, the other two just promised pizza parties and longer recess’s . And then to top it off, the popular boy proceeded to punch me after he won.

So no, I’m not going to run for president in the foreseeable future, because people are idiots who will vote for people who look and sound good, even if they’re total jerks.

The teacher was allowed to vote? That's pretty evil.

You don't seem to have had many friends.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »

Stupid bloody discriminatory constitution.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »

Sorry dude; I'm currently serving as President of my school, with about 900-1,000 students.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 06:31:59 PM »

I think that's not a bad comparison, but still.. that was 6th grade. The political knowledge of your average American is actually.. oh sh**t we're screwed aren't we
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 06:32:15 PM »

Sorry dude; I'm currently serving as President of my school, with about 900-1,000 students.

Really?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »

Well, I thought the teacher was my friend. She always made me get her coffee in the morning, I figured that would have endeared her to me. But no, I had no friends in middle school. Well, my one friend liked to beat me up, but he was kinda cool, so that was half a friendship I guess.  But yeah, high school was a lot better. I found my niche there, you know? Plus, there were people who were so dorky even I could tease em a bit. I was even voted our school’s equivalent of most popular senior year. It was a joke though, but I still felt like it represented vindication.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

I was Student Council president at school... that was fun.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »

Well, I thought the teacher was my friend. She always made me get her coffee in the morning, I figured that would have endeared her to me. But no, I had no friends in middle school. Well, my one friend liked to beat me up, but he was kinda cool, so that was half a friendship I guess.  But yeah, high school was a lot better. I found my niche there, you know? Plus, there were people who were so dorky even I could tease em a bit. I was even voted our school’s equivalent of most popular senior year. It was a joke though, but I still felt like it represented vindication.

Hmmm...

My high school's student body will be exactly the same as middle school.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 06:44:40 PM »

No.  I lack the vision; I'm more the analyst type.  I'd make a better Chief of Staff,
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »

I was Student Council president at school... that was fun.

I really started changing things - I made the executive council more powerful - put the budget into the black for the first time in 6 years - actually took on the consultative role when the school council wanted to do things - and made sure our foot was put down when something we didn't like came up (like stopping the school council (the PTA to you) from spending an additional 345,000 on work that we felt was unnecessary.

The principal hated me  I'm sure by the end.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »

Wow, that's terrible.

You sound roughly like how I was in sixth grade. Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 06:53:43 PM »

Really?

Yup, if you went to my school's website up until about a week ago, odds are you would see me in one of the pictures flashing across the screen.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

Really?

Yup, if you went to my school's website up until about a week ago, odds are you would see me in one of the pictures flashing across the screen.

What happened a week ago?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »

Really?

I was impeached Wink  The science fair happened, and they put up pictures from that.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 07:07:59 PM »

Really?

I was impeached Wink  The science fair happened, and they put up pictures from that.

How many people did you run against?
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »

Yes. But the actual campaigning for it (re: whoring)? Not so much.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies