Would you rather live in Florida or Iowa? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:10:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you rather live in Florida or Iowa? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you rather live in Florida or Iowa?
Florida

Iowa

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Would you rather live in Florida or Iowa?  (Read 12707 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: May 01, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

Iowa in a heartbeat.  You haven't lived until you've had produce from an Iowa farmstand.  And there are beautiful parts of Iowa... and it is generally very middle class and relatively progressive with lots of uncomfortable mainline protestants who derive great joy out of the everyday, little things in life.. like pulling weeds in a garden or hanging clothes out to dry in a warm breeze... or driving 10 miles under the speed limit on a perfectly straight, flat paved road on a sunny afternoon...

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »

I love rednecks. I also love the south and sweet tea. What's so great about a bunch of farm land in Iowa?
Have you seen that farm land though?  Especially northern Iowa?  Wow that's some good farm land.  The soil is so black and rich you could grow anything there.  I could barely grow grass in the sandy soil I had in Florida.

..and sweet tea is for girls. Smiley

Several feet of black, rich soil... arguably the best farm land on earth.

And I have to agree.. sweet tea is for girls.  Up here in "Yankeeland" we like our iced tea unsweetened, maybe with a bit of lemon.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

I love how people are saying "Iowa is so flat!OMG"

HA!

It's just too bad that Florida is such a mountainous paradise... otherwise... wait... oh yeah.

Very little of Iowa is actually flat.  Almost the entire state is covered in rolling hills, some of them quite steep, and they are cut with small creeks and streams.

The quintessential "steamy summer day spent swinging on a rope into the creek" could very well have taken place somewhere in Iowa... and not in Florida, where numerous poisonous and otherwise very large and man-hungry animals are waiting for you upon completion of your cannonball.

I mean, yeah.. I could post pictures of beautiful tropical islands and white sand beaches and large mansions practically on the water... but you're only fooling yourself.  You will never live there. 

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:57:57 PM »

Lots of people in the south live in these:

While lots of people in Iowa live in these:

That's what I would suspect leads to higher death rates in tornadoes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies