Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2017, 07:22:46 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Cathcon, Justice TJ)
| | |-+  POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD  (Read 39356 times)
AMA IL TUO PRESIDENTE!
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2017, 01:56:33 am »
Ignore

I'd also like to formally withdraw my application, fwiw. I have no idea what I was smoking the day I thought it was a good idea.

Our numbers are dwindling. Our words are confused.
Some of them have been twisted by the enemy
until they can no longer be recognized.

Now what is wrong, or false, in what we have said?
Just some parts, or everything?
On whom can we still rely? Are we survivors, cast
away by the current? Will we be left behind,
no longer understanding anyone and being understood by no one?
Must we rely on luck?

This is what you ask. Expect
no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
J_American
Jacobin American
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2017, 04:42:32 am »
Ignore

I'd like to be considered for any current or future moderator openings. I think I'd make a good moderator for the following reasons...

I'm on Atlas way too much and often overnight (EST), which seems to be a low point for most moderators. So I'd essentially be filling a gap.
I don't hide my political affiliation, but I would be fair to every poster, regardless of their politics.
Following the rules by the books (with some reasonable flexibility) is how I conduct any role I fill.
I don't think I've had any reported posts of the nearly 1,000 I've made so far. People may dislike my views, but they can't say I violate any rules.

Pericles
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2017, 11:49:55 pm »
Ignore

I would like to register to be a mod. I am active on this site when the other mods are sleeping, so I can quickly crack down on spammers. I do my best to be kind to others, I have never had a post reported, and I respect people of all political views. I am in a different time zone from the mods so I can, if made a mod, quickly ban and delete the spammers.

#NeverTrump2020
#NeverKanye
Eharding
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2017, 06:41:54 pm »
Ignore

I would be an excellent moderator since I'm active here so much (45 posts per day and only rising) and often make sure to look through all the threads. Also, I always have an instinct for knowing when something violates the rules and when it doesn't. I am also often awake between 11 PM and 3 AM. My preference is for the econ board, since I have an econ major and read many econ blogs regularly. I have no tolerance for spammers or death threats. I am also an R-MI, like Cathcon, who was also made a mod via applying here. I desire for this forum to be great.

Make America Great Again

Political Matrix Score:
Economic score: +6.32
Social score: -4.35

Justice Jbrase
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2017, 01:58:51 pm »
Ignore

If ag needs to be replaced I would like to humbly throw my hat into the ring. I would like to think I have mastered the art of balancing popping in daily without actually living on this site, proudly keeping to around a 2 post per day average these going on seven and a half years.
Kingpoleon, Never The Best/Worst Poster
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2017, 04:36:23 pm »
Ignore

I wish to be considered. I have served well during my time here. I can be fair and impartial. My main flaw, in terms of moderating, is that I understand both sides of an argument/discussion/point and be a bit overly compassionate in terms of responses to things. I would intend to moderate with a sturdy hand, however. My guiding philosophy would probably be similar to Torie's - minimal intervention to all non-trolls/obvious bad post(ers/s). Finally, I believe I can react appropriately to situations. I appreciate any consideration I receive.

Thanks,
Kingpoleon

"Too often, we judge other(s)... by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
🦀🎂
CrabCake
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2017, 03:27:23 pm »
Ignore

I am happy to be a mod.

Jimmie
jamespol
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2017, 04:29:56 pm »
Ignore

I am guessing I would not be considered to be a moderator Sad

It's become a tradition to say that the party that loses is doomed.

2004: The Democrats are done for! They're just a coastal party now!

2008: The Republicans are done for! They're just a Southern party now!

2010: Obama is done for in 2012!

2012: The Republicans are done for! They're just a Southern party now!

2016: The Democrats are done for! They're just a coastal party now!
Cassius
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
Ignore

I'll do it.

'The greatest thing that could happen to the state and the nation is when we get rid of all the media... then we could all live in peace and tranquillity and no one would know anything'
Lord Halifax
Greenland

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2017, 10:27:40 pm »
Ignore

I'll do it.
Senator LLR
LongLiveRock
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -1.22

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2017, 10:33:55 am »
Ignore

I, firstly, understand that this thread doesn't matter any more.

I also understand that there's no chance of me being considered because of my age, relative newbieness to the forum, and anti-mod sentiment. However, I am incredibly active, bring fresh ideas, and don't put up with bullsh**t. I also happen to think I am more mature than many adult members. For those reasons, I hope you put my name into consideration for any mod post that may come up soon.

http://electreport.blogspot.com

"This is absolute crap this never happened and some Buffoon Probly desided to try drawling comic strips, only he was in first grade and only had a crayon and ignored real facts"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout