Creation of a National Public Radio Bill [Withdrawn]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:02:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Creation of a National Public Radio Bill [Withdrawn]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Creation of a National Public Radio Bill [Withdrawn]  (Read 8805 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2008, 12:57:57 AM »

Ill bite. Prove me wrong Ebowed, and pass this thing. Youre honestly gonna bet me that we cant find a person to simply type a post every few days discussing things everyone already knows at the time? Ill take this one any day of the week.

I have no doubt that we can find a person to write it, I simply don't think there's going to be anyone to read it.

A meaningless job is nothing more than that, a meaningless job.

As I have said before, I'll take the job. Watch me, Ebowed. Just you wait.

A good reason to vote against the bill.

Don't like me?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »

I don't like your name, I don't like your contributions to the Comedy Goldmine (who still thinks gporter is funny?  stop feeding the trolls), and based on how you offered yourself for this position I highly doubt you would be able to perform this job "without bias or opinion."
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2008, 01:34:45 AM by Führer und Reichskanzler »

I don't like your name, I don't like your contributions to the Comedy Goldmine (who still thinks gporter is funny?  stop feeding the trolls), and based on how you offered yourself for this position I highly doubt you would be able to perform this job "without bias or opinion."

1) I'm sorry, but unlike most liberals, political correctness is not one of my strong suits.
2) I'll take a funny troll any day.
3) I offered myself before. I just want to prove I can do the job without bias or opinion, which you seem to be suggesting nobody can do.

If you have any other objections, please state them.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2008, 01:08:50 AM »

1) I'm sorry, but unlike most liberals, political correctness is not one of my strong suits.

Unless you have some salient point to make with your username and general enjoyment of Mein Kampf, I suggest you put a sock in it.

Uh huh.  Welcome to eight months ago.  It's not funny anymore.  It never really was in the first place.

3) I offered myself before. I just want to prove I can do the job without bias or opinion, which you seem to be suggesting nobody can do.

You're an uninformed newbie / liberal hack.  I don't expect objectivity, but then again, like every other Atlasian, I don't plan on reading the "NPR recordings" because no one will be updating it after two months anyway.

If you have any other onjections, please state them.

Okay.  You are in violation of the forum's Terms of Service for being registered while under 13.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2008, 01:10:25 AM »

Unless you have some salient point to make with your username and general enjoyment of Mein Kampf, I suggest you put a sock in it.

Uh huh.  Welcome to eight months ago.  It's not funny anymore.  It never really was in the first place.

You're an uninformed newbie / liberal hack.  I don't expect objectivity, but then again, like every other Atlasian, I don't plan on reading the "NPR recordings" because no one will be updating it after two months anyway.

If you have any other onjections, please state them.

Okay.  You are in violation of the forum's Terms of Service for being registered while under 13.

No, I am 13. That is not under 13.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2008, 01:10:50 AM »

I urge my fellow senators to ignore the testamony of Senator Ebowed, as he clearly is speaking out of his emotions towards a fellow Atlasian, rather than out of a rational concern about the bill.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2008, 01:13:45 AM »

I've read 12 elsewhere, and recently, so if that's the case, happy belated birthday.  Did you crack jokes with your friends about how cool and funny Adolf was?  You know, for the un-PC humor?

I urge my fellow senators to ignore the testamony of Senator Ebowed, as he clearly is speaking out of his emotions towards a fellow Atlasian, rather than out of a rational concern about the bill.

He asked for my objections, so I gave them.

My points about this bill all stand, many of them un-answered, and I don't expect the Senate to rationally consider any of them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2008, 01:17:15 AM »

I've read 12 elsewhere, and recently, so if that's the case, happy belated birthday.  Did you crack jokes with your friends about how cool and funny Adolf was?  You know, for the un-PC humor?

Yes, Jesus called me 12. I corrected him (in a tongue-in-cheek manner). And if you cannot find the significance behind my name, I will leave you hangng.

My points about this bill all stand, many of them un-answered, and I don't expect the Senate to rationally consider any of them.

Even if nobody reads them now, they may in the future, when trying to understand Atlasia's history. Even if it ends after two months, like you say, people combing the archives will have a clear picture of two months of Atlasia history. Where is the harm?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »

With all due respect, none of your points stand. At all. Your objections are baseless and rooted in dislike for our young fellow, and your recent minor opposition for your seat. Your ego knows no bonds Porce, from your failed attempt to take over Atlasia by force to the slinging of mud at a new person for running against you (something which your lack of credibility makes rather useless). Theres a reason you can safely predict that the senate wont consider your "points".
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2008, 02:45:22 AM »

Then I sincerely hope you will apply for a wiki user name and keep that up to date, because I will be voting against this bill.  Like Ebowed said, this is destined for failure.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »

Then I sincerely hope you will apply for a wiki user name and keep that up to date, because I will be voting against this bill.  Like Ebowed said, this is destined for failure.
But thats the problem Moderate. The Wiki is just too much. To keep something that large up to date is impossible. A simple log would be much more efficient. Look at the wiki! Its completely gone at this point.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2008, 10:34:31 AM »

I completely support everything Porce has said in this thread.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2008, 12:26:33 PM »

I have a wiki username.

Even if nobody reads them now, they may in the future, when trying to understand Atlasia's history. Even if it ends after two months, like you say, people combing the archives will have a clear picture of two months of Atlasia history. Where is the harm?

My point still stands.

And, to please all of you, I can post all NPR broadcasts on the Wiki.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »

I can't understand why the Senate would be turning down what seems to me to be a very good idea; possibly the best Atlasian government has had in a long time.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »

I can't understand why the Senate would be turning down what seems to me to be a very good idea; possibly the best Atlasian government has had in a long time.
Thank you sir. I appreciate your support for my bill. Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »

The Wiki is just too much. To keep something that large up to date is impossible.

So will be the 'NPR Station' head.  Just wait long enough...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »

The Wiki is just too much. To keep something that large up to date is impossible.

The Wiki is supposed to be updated by the Attorney General, and it has been done successfully before.  It is not too hard to keep it up to speed.

The AG isn't doing that great a job, though.

Check out the post I made. Tell me what you don't like about it.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »

The Wiki is supposed to be updated by the Attorney General, and it has been done successfully before.  It is not too hard to keep it up to speed.

The AG isn't doing that great a job, though.

Check out the post I made. Tell me what you don't like about it.
And how the difficulty of that is equal or greater to the difficulty of updating an ENTIRE WIKI.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2008, 06:40:02 AM »

And how the difficulty of that is equal or greater to the difficulty of updating an ENTIRE WIKI.

For the record, previous Attorney Generals have handled the job of updating the Wiki competently and on a consistent basis quite well.  I'm disappointed that you have decided to abandon the Wiki as a community tool (a tool which the law and Supreme Court have taken seriously, if previous lawsuits have any precedent).

And since Xahar seems to be so eager to set up Radio Atlasia on his own (not that I approve of the content of the publication in question), why is this legislation necessary?  Vote it down.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »

Considering that this 'Radio Atlasia' experiment is already falling into decay (there is nothing particularly notable about party conventions, and the like, that would warrant anything more than a passing mention), I hope the Senate does not pass this bill.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 07:44:34 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2008, 08:09:55 PM by MasterJedi »

Considering that this 'Radio Atlasia' experiment is already falling into decay (there is nothing particularly notable about party conventions, and the like, that would warrant anything more than a passing mention), I hope the Senate does not pass this bill.

Why don't you tell us what there should be, then, Senator?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »

How is it falling into decay?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2008, 08:10:13 PM by MasterJedi »

That's hardly similar if we voiced one concern in common.

BTW posting private messages is a huge violation of the forum ToS.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »

Nothing, because the idea is pointless. Atlasia doesn't generate enough news to warrant daily historical records.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2008, 08:10:34 PM by MasterJedi »

That's hardly similar if we voiced one concern in common.

BTW posting private messages is a huge violation of the forum ToS.

Is it? I wasn't aware. Sorry.

Nothing, because the idea is pointless. Atlasia doesn't generate enough news to warrant daily historical records.

They're not daily. It's two or three times a week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies