Creation of a National Public Radio Bill [Withdrawn]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:46:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Creation of a National Public Radio Bill [Withdrawn]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Creation of a National Public Radio Bill [Withdrawn]  (Read 8818 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »

As has been noted posting PM's without permission is against the rules, posts modified because of it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »

As has been noted posting PM's without permission is against the rules, posts modified because of it.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »

I have to completely agree with everything that has been stated by Senator Ebowed in this debate. This "head of NPR" position is doomed to actually be less useful than any other position that has been debated in this chamber that was not submitted by Senator Naso. If a private citizen wants to start something like this I applaud them for their efforts and wish them the best, as one Atlasian record keeper to another. As for actually mandating for a position of this sort its a pointless exercise in waste. We have the Wiki, we have the ability to create archive-esque threads on the forum, I do not see the need to mandate this. As for the Wiki being lacking in information I would say that some areas, mostly personal pages, are sometimes quite out of date, mostly because people don't update their own pages and its outside the AG's normal realm of control. Of course there are counter-examples to this. Senate history is wonderfully organized and compiled giving a full history of the Senate back to its first session. The Pacific has always had a really excellent set of both election history and legislative history for a region, mostly due to the excellent work of Jesus. Please contribute to the Wiki if you would like to help record Atlasian history.

As for appointing Xahar to the position I would never actually place him before this Senate to be put into such a position. If I wanted an  historian for Atlasian I'd put a person with a long Atlasian history, who has seen most of its history, in that position. I person like Al, Peter Bell, Hugh or Sam. Somebody with enough actual experience in this crazy little game/fantasyland of ours to know what's actually important and what's the same old BS that Atlasia is constantly enthralled by.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2008, 09:20:16 PM by Senator Speed of Sound »

Well the history of Atlasia must not be that important. Though my presidential candidate preference apparently was in the 'debate' of this bill.

I withdraw the bill from the floor.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »

Well the history of Atlasia must not be that important.

Oh it's very important to me and I support anyone who is willing to take the plunge and either start a newspaper, one of the best ways to record Atlasian events, becoming a better participant in the Wiki, or to write up their own history of Atlasia, which I would do if I had more time. I just don't see the purpose in creating another useless position that would try and accomplish this.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2008, 09:21:52 PM »

Well the history of Atlasia must not be that important.

Oh it's very important to me and I support anyone who is willing to take the plunge and either start a newspaper, one of the best ways to record Atlasian events, becoming a better participant in the Wiki, or to write up their own history of Atlasia, which I would do if I had more time. I just don't see the purpose in creating another useless position that would try and accomplish this.
Ive made my arguing points quite clear and have no interest in debating a withdrawn bill. If it wasnt enough, then I wont waste the senate's time with a final vote.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »

Senators have seventy-two hours to volunteer to assume sponsorship.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »

I seriously considered taking sponsorship, but I passed. This thing was bound to fail either way.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:12 PM »

I'll take sponsorship just to see it fail.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »

I'll take sponsorship just to see it fail.
Classy, Mr. Senator.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »

For a reason like that, I object to Senator Jake taking sponsorship, which prevents him from assuming sponsorship. My reading of 4.1.8 in the Senate Rules, Regulations and Procedures would suggest that this results in the immediate withdrawal of the legislation from the floor, but I'll leave the remainder of the 72 hours open in order that such an action be seen to be fully in compliance with the spirit as well as the letter of our regulations.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »

Considering that this 'Radio Atlasia' experiment is already falling into decay (there is nothing particularly notable about party conventions, and the like, that would warrant anything more than a passing mention), I hope the Senate does not pass this bill.

FRIZ SPEAKS!!!!1111
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 05:29:40 PM »

With (well over) twenty-four hours having elapsed, this legislation is withdrawn.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies