How surprised is Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:41:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  How surprised is Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How surprised is Hillary that Obama is proving to be such tough competition?
Not Surpised at all
Somewhat surpised
Very surpised
Shocked and awed!
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: How surprised is Hillary?  (Read 1442 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »

I think she's floored she doesn't have this locked up by now and by the wave of support Obama is receiving.   I don't think she's suprised she's polarizing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »

Lol, no. She might be surprised at Obama's strength, but she knows she's polarizing. She's been told every day for 16 years.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

Not surprised at all.

When Obama spoke, I called up a friend and said, "Turn on the TV.  You are looking at America's first Black President."

That potential is still there, even if he loses.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »

Surely she can't be that surprised.. she has to know that very few people really like her.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:55 PM »

i wish the mods would create an obama board so all of the kool aid drinkers could go on there and sing his praises.

why would hillary be surprised?  she knew it would be a tough fight.  she didnt get into the race throwing out a few platitudes and hoping thatd be enough to get her elected...like another candidate.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »

i wish the mods would create an obama board so all of the kool aid drinkers could go on there and sing his praises.

YOU'RE saying this!?!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:24:32 PM »

YOU'RE saying this!?!

indeed i am.

you all could go talk about how teddy kennedy helped obama out in massachusetts and california...and how the only thing missing in obama's wardrobe is the halo.

spare the rest of us.

yes we can!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 01:34:06 PM »

i wish the mods would create an obama board ...

Exactly how much power do you think we have?
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 01:34:49 PM »

I wish they would create a waltermitty board so the rest of us don't have to listen to you boast about how Obama will always be leagues behind Clinton even when the two are virtually tied.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »

LOL .... I'm with ya Walt, but I still believe he will win the Presidency.  I just hope he does better than the other President's of the last 100 years with so little experience (Carter and Wilson).
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »

I wish they would create a waltermitty board so the rest of us don't have to listen to you boast about how Obama will always be leagues behind Clinton even when the two are virtually tied.

im not pretending that clinton has it wrapped up.

it is obama supporters on here that think he has it wrapped up.  strange considering hillary has more delegates than him.

oh well.  smoke and mirrors, i guess.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »

it is obama supporters on here that think he has it wrapped up.  strange considering hillary has more delegates than him.

Dude your heart must throb everytime you see her picture.....I have never saw someone this totally in love.

Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »

speaking of smoke and mirrors that delegatge lead Clinton is hiding behind is over inflated with superdelegates who are free to change their mind at any point in time.  If Obama continues to lead in pledged delegates I would expect many of them to begin changing their tune.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 02:00:51 PM »

speaking of smoke and mirrors that delegatge lead Clinton is hiding behind is over inflated with superdelegates who are free to change their mind at any point in time.  If Obama continues to lead in pledged delegates I would expect many of them to begin changing their tune.

Exactly....excluding superdelegates, I believe it is a 11 delegate difference.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 02:08:06 PM »

Very surprised, but not dumbfounded. I don't think even Hillary could have thought she'd had the primary totally locked up pre-SC.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »

Shocked, but she shouldn't be.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »

I doubt she suspected to have a well financed Challenger that outraised her almost 3:1 in January and won 13 states on Super Tuesday.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies