Gay Marriage- a general discussion. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:52:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gay Marriage- a general discussion. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay Marriage- a general discussion.  (Read 71913 times)
Ryan
ryanmasc

« on: November 19, 2003, 09:04:15 AM »

THIS discussion thread is to debate the issue of gay marriage as a societal issue. There is a separate link on the 2004 Presidential Election section to discuss the "electoral impact" of this issue.

As for myself I'm socially moderate. I support the most stringent punishment for hate crimes or any violence against gays (as I would for hate crimes against ANYBODY), I support efforts to combat discrimination against gays in employment and pretty much anything which INDIVIDUALS are entitled to as American citizens. (including allowing them to do whatever the hell they want in their bedrooms)

I do draw the line at gay marriage. I believe we have the responsibility to maintain some sort of social order and that tampering with the man & woman definition of marriage has serious long-term consequences.

I would undoubtedly vote against it in a referendum and would expect my congressional representatives to do the same. I cant say it would be the sole factor determining my vote but it would be a reasonably or even very important factor. How about the rest??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies