Is this how the Democrat Primary race will end up looking?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:21:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is this how the Democrat Primary race will end up looking?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is this how the Democrat Primary race will end up looking?  (Read 1960 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:50:17 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2008, 07:52:57 PM by Josh22 »

I think that is what it will end up looking like.

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:52:50 PM »

I think Obama has a chance at Maine, and possibly Ohio...not sure about Pennsylvania. Everything else I agree with.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:53:30 PM »

I'd switch Maine and RI,for the rest it seems reasonable...perhaps one between Ohio and Texas going to Obama.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »

No
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:58:11 PM »

I agree - I don't think Clinton can be written off in RI, WI, NC or VA - Plus I only see Obama win PA if he's the only competitor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »

Obama won't take PA.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »

Obama will have to get Texas or Ohio in order to have a shot in PA.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

I think Obama has a better shot at Ohio than most people on the forum do.  It will definitely be a close victory if he pulls it off but I feel like he has a good chance of doing it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »

I think Obama has a better shot at Ohio than most people on the forum do.  It will definitely be a close victory if he pulls it off but I feel like he has a good chance of doing it.
Ohio doesnt have a lot of blacks nor latte liberals. It also doesnt have a huge abundance of colleges and its full of poor white moderate democrats. Looks like hillary has it locked up.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »

Obama will lose PA.  VA, WA and OR are also possible losses.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »

VA, WA and OR are also possible losses.

VA - see latest poll
WA - There is absolutely nothing pointing toward a Hillary victory here
OR - Similar to WA
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »

Ohio doesnt have a lot of blacks nor latte liberals. It also doesnt have a huge abundance of colleges and its full of poor white moderate democrats. Looks like hillary has it locked up.

Yeah you're right, they're aren't many college kids in Ohio, we only have the LARGEST university in the entire nation sitting in our capital.  Also, although Ohio isn't comparable to a Southern state we certainly have more blacks than Connecticut, which Obama won.  Actually Ohio's demographics are almost identical to Missouri which also went narrowly for Obama.  I would expect the Ohio results map to look very similar to the Missouri map with Obama winning the big city counties and Clinton cleaning up in the rural areas.  Ohio is far from "locked up" for Hillary.  Everyone here keeps saying she's got the edge but Ohio is going to be a tossup true to form.  I'm expecting a very close margin regardless of who wins.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 08:55:39 PM »

Yeah you're right, they're aren't many college kids in Ohio, we only have the LARGEST university in the entire nation sitting in our capital.  Also, although Ohio isn't comparable to a Southern state we certainly have more blacks than Connecticut, which Obama won.  Actually Ohio's demographics are almost identical to Missouri which also went narrowly for Obama.  I would expect the Ohio results map to look very similar to the Missouri map with Obama winning the big city counties and Clinton cleaning up in the rural areas.  Ohio is far from "locked up" for Hillary.  Everyone here keeps saying she's got the edge but Ohio is going to be a tossup true to form.  I'm expecting a very close margin regardless of who wins.

Yeah, what he said.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »

There's no way Obama can win Pennsylvania, in my opinion.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »

Way to early to speculate on PA. Although, Clinton does have a solid wall of support there.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 09:21:23 PM »

Way to early to speculate on PA. Although, Clinton does have a solid wall of support there.

If Obama plays his cards right and acts smart, he can accomplish whatever he wants. Same goes for Clinton. I think they both are going to campaign hard and tough in PA, TX, and OH so all three can go either way [even tho most if not all slightly favor one or the other].
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »

Yeah you're right, they're aren't many college kids in Ohio, we only have the LARGEST university in the entire nation sitting in our capital.

Students make up about the same % of the population in Ohio as in the U.S as a whole.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only slightly more (proportionally) actually. And Ohio is more working class than Connecticut.

No. Really, really, no.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 09:33:33 PM »

If Obama plays his cards right and acts smart, he can accomplish whatever he wants. Same goes for Clinton. I think they both are going to campaign hard and tough in PA, TX, and OH so all three can go either way [even tho most if not all slightly favor one or the other].

Obama needs to make some friends in Philly quickly and drastically improve his numbers among seniors or they guy is going to be beat comfortably.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »

Obama needs to make some friends in Philly quickly and drastically improve his numbers among seniors or they guy is going to be beat comfortably.

Hes got a couple months, certainly not out of his reach....ish.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 09:39:35 PM »

Yeah you're right, they're aren't many college kids in Ohio, we only have the LARGEST university in the entire nation sitting in our capital.

Students make up about the same % of the population in Ohio as in the U.S as a whole.

Only slightly more (proportionally) actually. And Ohio is more working class than Connecticut.

No. Really, really, no.

Al...

who do you think is more electable? Obama or Clinton? The polls say Obama's got an edge, but his coalition seems to be latte liberals + blacks... not a majority. What's Obama's winning coalition?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 09:42:23 PM »

Just because Obama doesn't have a majority coalition in the party doesn't mean he won't win. It is a matter of turning as many of those people out as possible.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

I'm hoping the anti-Hispanic racists in Reading come in for him big. That might help him in a congressional district at least.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »

Obama will lose PA.  VA, WA and OR are also possible losses.

I don't think Obama will win PA (unless the nomination is in the bag at that point which seems unlikely) but he will do better in PA than Clinton will in either WA or VA
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 10:03:27 PM »

I'm hoping the anti-Hispanic racists in Reading come in for him big. That might help him in a congressional district at least.

Amazing. God forbid if any conservative ever said that. "I want the KKK vote to come out to keep out Obama." We'd be banned. You are filth, kid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »

Oh, by the way, BRTD, the "anti hispanic racists" typically hate blacks, too. Idiot.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies