Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:06:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feb. 9th primaries & caucuses--Dem. results thread  (Read 18661 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: February 09, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

Beyond there being what looks like a very high turnout... not so far.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:08:51 PM »

WA Results link...

http://www.wa-democrats.org/index.php?page=display&id=272
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

Unintentionally hilarious (it's the second line in the red box wot does it).

Why is it i always had a soft spot for Rossi during the whole recount fiasco four years back?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 08:20:21 PM »

That's a fair chunck already reporting... having said that wouldnt some of Obama's strongest areas be most likley to report first?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 08:26:57 PM »

CNN really is retarded. They were trying to spin it like Clinton had a chance in Washington
Well it turns it into a bigger event for Obama.

Exactly... the fact that Clinton spent a fair part of the last few days there has only helped Obama as it gave the impression of seriously contesting the state and makes his (likley) win all the more impressive.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »

I want someone to walk up to to her and whisper in her ear "psst....you just LOST Nebraska and Washington...." then walk off.....I wanna see how huge the explosion of her head will be.

I doubt she'd be surprised.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »

Considering Seattle and Remond aren't even in yet, could Obama break 70%? He'll landslide both, of course, but by more than he's doing in the rural counties?

Indeed. Washington is only going to get worse for Clinton. On the subject of Clinton, I'm watching CNN and she's speaking. Is it just me, or does she just get progressively louder and angrier sounding in every one of her speeches? She reminds me of my mom.

I hate how she speaks, its sounds very cold and rehearsed. Plus shes slightly monotoned....its annoying.

I dont like revelling in Clinton bashing, which seems the sport of choice amougst many Dems at the moment... but she cant inspire to save her life, now being President isnt all about inspring or providing leadership (or at least the impression of it - see the current president) but it's pretty damn important... i simply can imagine how she (or for that matter Gore frankly) would cope with somthing like 9/11.

Doesnt on its own mean she wouldnt be a good president... but the ability to project your self as a credible leader is pretty important.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »

I think its more a product of race distorting the patterns we've seen in other states than anything else... still odd I'll grant.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 04:13:06 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2008, 04:16:39 AM by Ben. »

Obama had a pretty policy heavy speech at the JJ... a good move on his part, though the first half was still very much 'boiler-plate' Obama (ie. 'change', 'yes we can' etc...), important that he begins to move beyond platitudes (Clinton gets away with it more easily - Obama wont be able to)... in fact he rounded off the speech very well, hitting the suggestion of being policy light.

All in all subtle shift in his rhetoric tonight, towards the style that would be more at home in a general election campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies