Idea for running elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:35:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Idea for running elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Idea for running elections  (Read 21981 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: February 11, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »

Sounds good, but I still think some of the vote should be determined by the players.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »

How about we make an ititial parliament-divided on left and right-giving each side 50% of the seats which are then divided by party registration, so, for example if there are 50 seats, the left has 25, of which 15 are Social-Democrats, 7 are Labour, and 3 are Greens? Those figures aren't final obviously. I feel that if we have a basic parliament to start off with, we have a basis for parties to win and lose seats. I like Al's basic frame a lot, btw, and I think the player's participation is obvious, ILV, in that we run the campaigns, have options re:fraud, and are responsible for PV/I, as well as being critical re:National results.

I was speaking more directly, e.g. a direct vote, straw poll, or something of that nature.  That way each player would be assured of enough vote to earn at least one seat.  We wouldn't want anyone sitting out who wouldn't have to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies