are Mormons Christians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:42:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  are Mormons Christians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: are Mormons Christians?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: are Mormons Christians?  (Read 22443 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »

Yes in the sense that they worship Jesus as Christ the savior, no in that they have a New New Testament in addition to the New Testament. (sort of in the way that Christians aren't Jews even though the Torah is the Old Testament in the Bible)

Think of them as "Christians+" or "Überchristians", or something along those lines. And while we're on that line of of thinking, I insist that normal Christians from now on be called "Mega Jews" or "Hyper Hebrews", whichever you would prefer.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 07:19:56 AM »

No. Joseph Smith was a liar and a false prophet who established a false religion of lies.

When some Mormon missionaries came to near my campus I basically told them to leave me and yelled at one "I reject your false church in the name of Jesus Christ!" Annoying that they would bug me while I was preparing to leave and go off to a strip club...

How Christian of you...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »

By accepting the Book of Mormon as a sacred text, Mormons are heretics.

And that means what exactly? A heretic is only someone who's decided to believe something other than the established theology. Pretty much every Christian alive today is a heretic relative to some other form of Christian thought. Are you a Protestant? You're a heretic. Are you a Catholic? I'm pretty sure some Catholics from earlier days would call you a heretic. Unless you can prove that you follow the exact dogma and whatnot that the direct disciples of Jesus followed, you're a heretic. And even if you do, you're still a heretic from a Jewish perspective.

Me, I'll just stick to being an infidel.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies