What are Hillary's chances of winning the nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:01:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  What are Hillary's chances of winning the nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What are Hillary's chances of winning the nomination?
< 10%

10-20%

20-30%

30-40%

40-50%

> 50%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: What are Hillary's chances of winning the nomination?  (Read 1174 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2008, 12:01:14 AM »

?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:05:21 AM »

I'm giving her a 40 percent chance of being nominated. She's a tough gal, and if anyone can pull this out it would be her.

On a side note, I think I'm the only Republican who is more favorable to Hillary then Obama.  I hate the way she's campaigned, but a small part of me just loves how she can get in there and thrive in the male world of politics. She reminds me a bit of Agamemnon's wife[desperate artful reference to make me seem smarter then I actually am] but she'd make a good president all the same.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »

Her chances are in the crapper, and a lot of it has to do with her message. It was too focused on rational reasons and not enough on inspiration and passion; not that I think she should have tried to copy Obama. IMHO, an ideal candidate has both sides of the coin.

O/c her attempts to differentiate herself from Obama were quite weak; she was unable to make him look bad without attacking him, which is the true art of going negative in politics. For example she could have run ads contrasting Obama's generalized phrases with specific issues that voters care about, and gotten a lot more mileage out of her solutions/results vs. promises message.

The sad thing is that between experience and inspiration, the latter is generally more accessible than the former; a candidate with no experience must rely on his message, while a candidate with experience can choose to include inspiration if they play their cards right. So Hillary could have... as late as New Hampshire, done more to focus on the vision she had for the nation and why she believed in the values she has fought for, and I think, done very well.

Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, but I would've expected more from the strong political team at the top of her campaign, I think a lot of people did.
Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »

If I recall correctly, that ended in a bloodbath. Did you intend to take that comparison that far?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »

If I recall correctly, that ended in a bloodbath. Did you intend to take that comparison that far?

Unless Reluctant's bloodthirsty, the tone of his post would suggest not. Smiley

Do you think Hillary's loss will cause her to go on a murderous rampage? Smiley
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2008, 12:16:41 AM by Reluctant Republican »

Well, if she fails to get the nomination I'd hope for Bill's sake he'd move out of the house Smiley

But no, I just meant she's pretty cunning and counts on people to underestimate her a tad. I think Obama and his team feel pretty good at the moment, and by all means, they've earned it, they are the favorite. But if I was him I'd not let my guard down just yet.  Hill's a tough one. Though I've given her only a 40 percent chance at being the nominee I think she’s going to make a bit of a comeback, and you can count on the media to spin that. I don't know if it will be enough to overcome the lead Obama's already gained, but it will be close.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 12:24:33 AM »

20-30%
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »

About 40%. Obama still needs to win Wisconsin, Hawaii and one of either Ohio or Texas to finish her off.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »

The lower end of 30-40%. Maybe 33%; 1/3 sounds good.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:32:36 AM »

>50. Her chances of winning the presidency are virtually zero because the only way she can win the nomination is to do so in such a way that will alienate Obama supporters (and  the way she's campaigned so far has done a good job pushing them away already). Still, I don't underestimate her ability to stage a comeback, and I don't underestimate Wisconsin's quirkiness or the racism of lower-class whites and Hispanics in Texas and Ohio.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 02:25:42 AM »

40-50%

Never count this family out , especially the ruthless woman, until it's officially over at the convention.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 04:14:48 AM »

Getting fairly low as the superdelegates realize she's disliked and would obviously lose the general.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies