TX-ARG: Obama leads Clinton by 6%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  TX-ARG: Obama leads Clinton by 6%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TX-ARG: Obama leads Clinton by 6%  (Read 4816 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:34:03 AM »

Bear in mind, I am posting this for entertainment purposes only. I don't actually believe that Obama leads in TX:

Obama       48%
Clinton       42%

http://www.americanresearchgroup.com/
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »

WE ARE DOOMED. DOOMED I SAY! DOOOOOOMED!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »

I too believe that Clinton is tied with Obama among Latinos.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »

If this is true, which it probably isn't, Clinton is over.... Then again, even if she gets less than 57 or 58% of the vote.... she won't be able to get nommed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

I too believe that Clinton is tied with Obama among Latinos.

Ah, excellent. Final proof that ARG really is just using a random number generator...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »

Dang! Sad
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 12:58:20 PM »

This is certainly bad news for Obama. Clinton will landslide Texas.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »

Texas is lost. Damn.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 08:18:58 AM »

Damn Obama is doing worse than i thought in texas
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »

An ominous sign indeed.
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

Come on, is this really a surprise? The majority of Latinos just don't like Obama. A few people say that racism is part of it, but I'm sure there's a little more to it than that.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »

Come on, is this really a surprise? The majority of Latinos just don't like Obama. A few people say that racism is part of it, but I'm sure there's a little more to it than that.

Like what? I fail to why the majority of Latinos should dislike Obama

Most may well be closer to Hillary Clinton on the issues and casting votes for her in the Democratic primaries on that basis is fair enough. But were Obama to win the Democratic presidential nomination, then I see no reason why Latino Democrats shouldn't support Obama in the general. He's closer to Clinton on the issues than the Republican nominee will be

It's not like Obama is running as an anti-immigration candidate

Dave
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Latinos don't not like Obama, they just don't know who he is, while most of them know full well who the Clintons are and like them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 02:32:18 PM »

Most may well be closer to Hillary Clinton on the issues and casting votes for her in the Democratic primaries on that basis is fair enough. But were Obama to win the Democratic presidential nomination, then I see no reason why Latino Democrats shouldn't support Obama in the general. He's closer to Clinton on the issues than the Republican nominee will be

Dave

What are the "issues" for Latino Democrats? I thought latinos just didn't like blacks all that much (or at least not black politicians). And they trust Clinton more.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 02:33:09 PM »

I suggest y'all scratch this poll and pay closer attention to more reputable pollsters as far as the Texas Democratic primary goes.

Should they point towards Obama closing Clinton's lead, then you can determine whether you feel Obama can win or run her pretty close in Texas

Dave
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 02:34:41 PM »

How do I know what's a reliable pollster and what isn't?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »

Dave

What are the "issues" for Latino Democrats? I thought latinos just didn't like blacks all that much (or at least not black politicians). And they trust Clinton more.

Things like social justice, perhaps, matter to Latino Democrats. Either Clinton or Obama, relative to a Republican, should satisfy them on that score

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »

Fair comment Smiley. From what I can gather, ARG just don't seem to be particularly respected. Whether it's flawed methodology or not, I don't know

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 02:54:50 PM »

Latinos don't not like Obama, they just don't know who he is, while most of them know full well who the Clintons are and like them.

Yep. BTW, Obama carried Latino's in Virginia. Granted they were only 5% of the Democratic primary electorate but they broke for him. But then most Virginia demographics did Smiley

He won them in Illinois but not overwhelmingly so, which suggests he, rightly or wrongly, has problems with Latinos relative to Clinton

Dave
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »

Fair comment Smiley. From what I can gather, ARG just don't seem to be particularly respected. Whether it's flawed methodology or not, I don't know

Dave

ARG simply has a bad record. THey've called state after state wrong throughout this primary season.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

Yep. BTW, Obama carried Latino's in Virginia. Granted they were only 5% of the Democratic primary electorate but they broke for him. But then most Virginia demographics did Smiley

He won them in Illinois but not overwhelmingly so, which suggests he, rightly or wrongly, has problems with Latinos relative to Clinton

Dave

Latinos are I would argue the hardest working americans and especially in the west they make up most of the working class. Racism may have something to do with Latinos not voting for Obama but I realize its more because they know and trust the Clintons and fit in perfectly with their core constituencies. Latinos are more likely to be poorer, working class, less educated etc....
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »

Dave

Latinos are I would argue the hardest working americans and especially in the west they make up most of the working class. Racism may have something to do with Latinos not voting for Obama but I realize its more because they know and trust the Clintons and fit in perfectly with their core constituencies. Latinos are more likely to be poorer, working class, less educated etc....

You have a point there, actually. However, I don't think that's the entire story since I *believe* Clinton's margins among Latinos have been higher than one would expect given the demographic break-down.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »

Dave

ARG simply has a bad record. THey've called state after state wrong throughout this primary season.

Ah right Smiley though I'd like to think that they've got this one right Grin. But Obama splitting Latino's 44/42 with Clinton, unlikely to say the least

Dave
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »

They realize that Obama is too inexperienced to run the country.  Finally, someone gets it!!!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »

...and Clinton can't win. I would rather take my chances with an unproven guy than a woman who will never have a chance.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies