Are you supporting your congress(wo)man or his/her opponent? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:42:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Are you supporting your congress(wo)man or his/her opponent? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are you supporting your congress(wo)man or his/her opponent?  (Read 9148 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: February 18, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »

I will support whoever challenges Jean Schmidt.  God I hate that woman.

Vic Wulsin is running again, isn't she?

Yep.  I'm next door in the third (where I'll probably vote to re-elect Mike Turner), but Wulsin would have my full support.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »

Yes, I'll be supporting my neighbor, Carol Shea-Porter, for a second term.

Currently undecided in the Senate race, however.  My candidate dropped out the other day.

Jack Buckley? 

It's Jay Buckey, and he was the only candidate to withdraw in the last few days.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

The real race in TN-9 is the Democratic primary. I'll be supporting Steve Cohen over Nikki Tinker.

What has Cohen done to warrant a primary challenge after just one term?  Apart from being white, of course.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:21:53 AM »

The real race in TN-9 is the Democratic primary. I'll be supporting Steve Cohen over Nikki Tinker.

What has Cohen done to warrant a primary challenge after just one term?  Apart from being white, of course.

Bingo. He's going to lose big. He only got thirty-something percent in the primary last time.

Which is unfortunate. He's done fine.

Not only that, but he's sponsered every apology for slavery/Jim Crow/whatever he can think of. Kind of cynical, but he's trying to be mindful of his constituency.

He also tried to join the Congressional Black Caucus, which you have to admit was just plain ridiculous.  Still, I do pity him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies