Speeches vs Solutions? words vs policy? obama vs clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:50:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Speeches vs Solutions? words vs policy? obama vs clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When voting for a politician whats the most important factor of the two?
Speeches and ability to inspire [Barack Obama]

Solutions to problems and Policy [Hillary Clinton]

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Speeches vs Solutions? words vs policy? obama vs clinton  (Read 1160 times)
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
« edited: February 19, 2008, 11:36:06 AM by AngelFromKansas »

The race is very simple.

In one corner you have Barack Obama. He talks nice words. He makes everybody feel great. he inspires young people and advocates change' No politician has ever actually forfilled his policy of change as voters also are disappointed as their version of change is totally determined by what the individual views as 'change'. Barack inspires blacks because he is black. Barack inspires rich liberals because he represents one of the barriers of america ie race.

will he change america? NO
will he make america a better place? NO
will he make americans feel good about themselves? YES
will he make policy decisions that are good for america? WE STILL DONT KNOW.

In the other corner we have Hillary Clinton. A woman who has waited and waited to be president. A woman who has thought constantly about policy. A woman who won every debate simply becasue she has some much knowledge of situations. her policy knowledge is so vast that the only person that can defeat it is a man who talks nice words.

its the democratic party in a nutshell. completely insane.

they have an opportunity to win an election with a very credible TOUGH CANDIDATE

and what do they do? they nominate a man who talks nice words who has no policy.

who voted the following as their nominee?
kerry?
gore?
dukarkis?
mcgovern?

shakes his head...i said last year the only people that can stop a democrat from winning the white house were the democrat nutters who vote in caucuses. complete idealists lack of perspective while repulicans are so election savy they just want to win.

in november these nutters will say how did obama lose...well you will see it unravel over the next 8 months.

the day abortion became illegal in america was the day a democrat voted for barack obama as their nominee for president.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »

Hey Catholic.  I was wondering when you'd get around to propping up Killary's slacking campaign.  As far as Obama goes, like I said before, he's basically taken a page out of Reagan's play book, and focused on the future with messages of hope and success (with some sacrifices).  Unlike Reagan, he has not backed that up with clear, simple plans which the general public understands.  To his credit, neither has Killary, though she definitely has more detailed plans which she shares with the public.  And as she said herself, we won't be able to afford them.  So, who is the winner in this debate?  At the moment... neither.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:52:42 AM »

I find this "Speehces vs Solutions" rhetoric from the Clinton campaign to be utter nonsense. Clinton also makes speeches and Obama also has solutions. If you have legitimate disagreements with Obama's solutions, then by all means voice them, but don't pretend they don't exist just because the man can make a good speech.
AngelFromKansas
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »

I find this "Speehces vs Solutions" rhetoric from the Clinton campaign to be utter nonsense. Clinton also makes speeches and Obama also has solutions. If you have legitimate disagreements with Obama's solutions, then by all means voice them, but don't pretend they don't exist just because the man can make a good speech.

can you tell me some of obamas policies please particularly the ones with numbers to show how he will adopt the policy like hillary clinton has.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:58:16 AM »

This is BS.I've read plenty of articles about how Killary's been sh**t in the past when trying to act and has got no clue about what to do in the future.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 12:10:10 PM »

I keep hearing about how experienced Hillary is.  Experience?  35 years?  Where?  Show me.  First lady of Arkansas.  US first lady?  Big damn deal.  She's been in the Senate 7 years.  End of story.

The old "she's been waiting to be president" argument.  I get it.  It's her turn.  Yep.  Let's give it to her because she's "been waiting".   How arrogant is that?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:12:22 PM »

can you tell me some of obamas policies please particularly the ones with numbers to show how he will adopt the policy like hillary clinton has.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

You can read about what his plans are for the issues there. Hillary's solutions won't work, btw, because she probably won't win an election against McCain. Even if she does win, she'd probably still fail in implementation due to the simple fact that she's divisive and Congress won't be all that cooperative.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »

BTW,on Hillary's great policies:
http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=fda159ff-46c4-4d1b-9a4b-7b628d9fb8d0
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 12:24:40 PM »

"Talks nice words"?  Is it a requirement that Hillary and her supporters cannot talk convincingly at all?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 12:47:42 PM »

go away, Nomo
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 02:15:59 PM »

Trollish question, but more seriously, it's Congress' job to legislate (propose solutions), and the president's to lead the country more holistically.  I'd rather have an inspiring leader than a chief policy-maker in the Oval Office.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »

If presidential elections were about policy decisions, we'd have a far different list of candidates.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 02:55:55 PM »

If presidential elections were about policy decisions, we'd have a far different list of candidates.

We need a different list of candidates anyway.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 03:01:14 PM »

We need a different list of candidates anyway.

That was my implication.
ukchris82
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 03:10:43 PM »

Other - Solutions to problems and Policy [Barack Obama]
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »

I keep hearing about how experienced Hillary is.  Experience?  35 years?  Where?  Show me.  First lady of Arkansas.  US first lady?  Big damn deal.  She's been in the Senate 7 years.  End of story.

The old "she's been waiting to be president" argument.  I get it.  It's her turn.  Yep.  Let's give it to her because she's "been waiting".   How arrogant is that?

The textual equivalent of:

AGcatter: G8
Miss Catholic: You sunk my battleship
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 03:53:04 PM »

Other - Solutions to problems and Policy [Barack Obama]
perdedor

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 06:16:56 PM »

Words don't matter, then? Inspiring the people is a pointless notion, because the government's will is ultimately the most important thing? Orwell would be horrified by you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies