If elected should President Obama arrange for Hillary to be primaried in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:24:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  If elected should President Obama arrange for Hillary to be primaried in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If elected should President Obama arrange for Hillary to be primaried in 2012?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: If elected should President Obama arrange for Hillary to be primaried in 2012?  (Read 3325 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 01:16:30 AM »

The netroots also better get to work to primarying all of the blacks who endorsed Hillary.

Sheila Jackson-Lee, Maxine Waters, Corrine Brown, all need to GO GO GO!

Do you know anything about Sheila's district or Sheila herself?  Good luck.

I'm going to once again give you some advice to stop right now.  Lord help you if you ever say something really stupid in the future, otherwise... Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 01:16:59 AM »

The netroots also better get to work to primarying all of the blacks who endorsed Hillary.

Sheila Jackson-Lee, Maxine Waters, Corrine Brown, all need to GO GO GO!

Why not primary the whites who endorsed Hillary?

Oh, I know why. You're racist.

Because the blacks are all in safe districts and they're all corrupt anyway.

No whites who happened to endorse Hillary are in safe districts?

I wouldn't mind taking them out too, but blacks would be much easier because their constituencies are far more pro-Obama.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 04:39:08 AM »

This thread is really quite unpleasant.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 08:36:37 AM »

You should stay quiet for the rest of the night after the thread you pulled off earlier. That was just ridiculous....im surprised your still here.

huh?

After falling into one of his typical, euphoric, obsessive moods, BRTD posted a topic asking whether or not Hillary should "pull a Budd Dwyer" when she drops out of the race.

For those not familiar with the incident, Budd Dwyer was the disgusting filth State Treasurer of Pennsylvania in the mid 1980s who killed himself at a press conference. The event was on live television.

I know about that incident. That's extremely low... Banning BRTD shouldn't be off the table at this point.

Where did he say this?  if he did, then I agree with Aizen about a possible banning.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »

No, he absolutely shouldn't. I think Tweed is onto something, though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »

You should stay quiet for the rest of the night after the thread you pulled off earlier. That was just ridiculous....im surprised your still here.

huh?

After falling into one of his typical, euphoric, obsessive moods, BRTD posted a topic asking whether or not Hillary should "pull a Budd Dwyer" when she drops out of the race.

For those not familiar with the incident, Budd Dwyer was the disgusting filth State Treasurer of Pennsylvania in the mid 1980s who killed himself at a press conference. The event was on live television.

I know about that incident. That's extremely low... Banning BRTD shouldn't be off the table at this point.

Where did he say this?  if he did, then I agree with Aizen about a possible banning.

He said it here on the 2008 board. The topic was deleted after about two minutes.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »

the arrogance of the obama supporters never ceases to amaze me.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »

Id like to emphasize that BRTD does not speak for all Obama supporters on this forum.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »

My God. And there's a threat on this forum chastising Hillary supporters for being arrogant? She was arrogant, but wow. Bring her out again to beat in 2012? I'd love to see her defeat the sitting President Obama. Keep this up and the Republicans will have no problems at all uniting behind McCain to make sure these rabid loons known as Obama supporters never live to see that man in the White House.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 11:57:35 AM »

Id like to emphasize that BRTD does not speak for all Obama supporters on this forum.

most of you all are pretty arrogant.  maybe not to brtd's extent..but still. 

heck the great obama shouldnt worry about small stuff like arranging a primary challenge for hillary.  why not have him walk on water?  im almost positive he can do it.  then we can have him heal someone of leprosy.  and if that still isnt enough...im sure we can find a modern day lazarus that the great obama can raise from the dead.

i never thought that id see the day that people...educated smart people even...would be so turned on by a bunch of mindless platitudes.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »

heck the great obama shouldnt worry about small stuff like arranging a primary challenge for hillary.  why not have him walk on water?  im almost positive he can do it.  then we can have him heal someone of leprosy.  and if that still isnt enough...im sure we can find a modern day lazarus that the great obama can raise from the dead.

i never thought that id see the day that people...educated smart people even...would be so turned on by a bunch of mindless platitudes.

I honestly dont give a sh!t about what happens in 2012....Id actually like to get through the election of 2008 first to even think about whats ahead 4 years from now.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »

seriously, this is the right answer.

the only reason Clinton ever wanted to be a Senator was as a springboard to the presidency.  she has no interest in anything else.  except MAYBE Sen Majority Leader or something close to that, but this campaign has turned her into such a divisive figure even within her own party that it would never happen.
^^^^

Though if she did run, I wouldn't mind covertly funding an opponent.

The operative word being "covert".
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »

The connection between most young atheists nowadays and the young evangelicals today is too scary for me to acknowledge most of the time...
perdedor

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 12:05:46 PM »

I would say that kicking Clinton out of her senate seat in a primary, if we should so wish to do so, would be our job and not the job of what would be a very busy President Obama. That said, I wouldn't mind mounting a netroots campaign to build up a primary challenger for her in 2012...providing she doesn't resign.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »

Mitty has trouble distinguishing among Obama supporters. I'm not sure he's ever actually taken a swipe at those who offend him; he just, lazily, directs his frustrations at all of us.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 04:12:23 PM »

seriously, this is the right answer.

the only reason Clinton ever wanted to be a Senator was as a springboard to the presidency.  she has no interest in anything else.  except MAYBE Sen Majority Leader or something close to that, but this campaign has turned her into such a divisive figure even within her own party that it would never happen.

Tweed is correct, as usual. If she can't be President, she really does not have any purpose as a Senator (especially with the hard work it entails). She might as well just retire with her millions and chill.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

That sweeping statement is unwarranted. Sure there are some Obama supporters who are somewhat arrogant. However, the same can be said for a faction of Hillary supporters. Just go to Hillaryis44.com to see some examples of the same arrogance that you speak of. Every candidate has a faction that is arrogant and stupid. Obama's camp is no exception and neither is Hillary's.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2008, 04:20:23 PM »

I would say that kicking Clinton out of her senate seat in a primary, if we should so wish to do so, would be our job and not the job of what would be a very busy President Obama. That said, I wouldn't mind mounting a netroots campaign to build up a primary challenger for her in 2012...providing she doesn't resign.

I look forward to seeing your thoughts on such matters when it's members of your faction that have their heads on the internal election chopping block. Because it'll happen.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2008, 05:29:21 PM »

The connection between most young atheists nowadays and the young evangelicals today is too scary for me to acknowledge most of the time...

Well I'm neither an atheist or evangelical.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »

I'd love to see him try, the backlash he'd get would be pretty big.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 05:31:29 PM »

Only among some Democrats; the GOP would love it!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »

Only among some Democrats; the GOP would love it!

Yep, he definitly wouldn't be seen as the uniter after that.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »

Hillary Clinton will be a New York Senator for as long as she wants.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies