Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 07:13:37 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  OFFICIAL Endorsements Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL Endorsements Thread  (Read 50980 times)
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:47:55 pm »
Ignore

Place your endorsements here, instead of cluttering up the front page with separate topics for each of them.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 12:06:27 am by Vice-Chairman ザハル (さはる) »Logged

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:49:46 pm »
Ignore

Indeed

-International Brotherhood of Boilermakers for Obama.

COLUMBUS, OH—The International Brotherhood of Boilermakers announced today endorsed Barack Obama for president, citing his opposition to unfair trade agreements and his record of fighting for working families and protecting American jobs.

“Barack Obama is bringing together a diverse coalition and inspiring people to action like no other candidate has in decades,” said International Brotherhood of Boilermakers President N.B. Jones.  “Barack Obama has shown the energy and vision to unite Americans, jumpstart our economy, and put working people first again. Our members are grateful for his efforts opposing unfair trade deals, and his proposal to reward employers who retain and create good jobs here at home. That’s the kind of leadership we need right now.”

“Barack Obama understands the needs and wants of American workers, and he’s deeply committed to the issues that will make a difference in our lives,” said John Clark, Retired Boilermaker member from Local 744 in Cleveland. “Here in Ohio, we know we can’t afford more of the same politics in Washington. As President, Obama will continue to stand up to the special interests and bring people together around common-sense solutions. I’m supporting Obama because this year, we need more than just campaign talk—we need results.”

“I started my career helping workers and their families recover from plant closings, and I’m proud to have been on the front lines of that fight ever since,” Senator Obama said. “I’m thrilled to have the support of the Boilermakers because they understand that if we come together—and work together—we can finally bring about the change that working Americans are so hungry for: lowering costs to make quality health care available to everyone, ending our dangerous dependence on foreign oil, and ending tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs, and putting those tax breaks in the pockets of working people.”

The International Brotherhood of Boilermakers represents more than 65,000 workers throughout the United States and Canada, including more than 3,500 members in Ohio. Members work in power generation, refinery and paper industry construction, maintenance and repair, shipbuilding, cement, lime and gypsum production, industrial manufacturing, and other industries.

Senator Obama has made several key proposals to help working Americans thrive in a prosperous and secure nation. As President, he will make quality health care affordable for everyone, and he will expand the earned income tax credit so that workers can keep more of what they earn. Obama has proposed a bold energy policy to put us on the path to independence from foreign oil. And he’s proposed legislation to end tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas and reward those who invest in good jobs here in America.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:53:17 pm by MATCHU[D] »Logged

Warren '16!
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 01:51:53 pm »
Ignore

Indeed

Can you include that quote that you had?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 01:53:33 pm »
Ignore

Indeed

Can you include that quote that you had?

Done Smiley

Warren '16!
IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 03:14:14 pm »
Ignore

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--superdelegates-nj0220feb20,0,5270574.story

Two New Jersey superdelegates for Obama:

Endorsing Obama on Wednesday were state Sen. Dana Redd of Camden, who had backed Clinton, and Donald Norcross, a member of the Democratic National Committee and co-chair of the Camden County Democratic organization, who had been undecided.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 03:37:33 pm »
Ignore

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--superdelegates-nj0220feb20,0,5270574.story

Endorsing Obama on Wednesday were state Sen. Dana Redd of Camden, who had backed Clinton, and Donald Norcross, a member of the Democratic National Committee and co-chair of the Camden County Democratic organization, who had been undecided.

What about Tiger Woods, Dibble?  Wink
IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 03:45:30 pm »
Ignore

What about Tiger Woods, Dibble?  Wink

He's impressed!

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jM6v1TZA7IlEX4YPV8reXyZTng9g

Erc
YaBB God
Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 04:18:24 pm »
Ignore

Obama, having won the 3rd CD in WI in yesterday's primary, picks up the endorsement of its congressman, Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI).

Senator Obama's message of change and unity resonated with voters in Wisconsin as it has with voters across the country...My constituents overwhelmingly chose Barack Obama to be their nominee, and I am proud to pledge my super-delegate vote to him as well...Senator Obama has a unique appeal to people of all ages and backgrounds, and is our best chance to break down the partisan barriers that have been building for years and bring this country together again...Senator Obama has a grand vision for moving America forward, and more importantly, he has the leadership to make that vision a reality...If our party and our democracy stands for anything, it is that no person, regardless of position or office, should have his or her vote count more than anyone else's...That's why as a super-delegate myself, I am following the will of the voters in my congressional district and supporting their presidential choice, Senator Obama.

link

Reports also suggest that Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) has endorsed Obama.

DNC Member John Rednour, Sr. (D-IL) has clarified that he is supporting Obama, not Clinton.  (His son, John Rednour, Jr. is on Clinton's IL steering committee, hence the previous confusion).

"It has been a little confusing," Rednour Jr. said, adding the names get mixed up over "dang near everything."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:23:50 pm by Erc »Logged
True Democrat
true democrat
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 04:22:39 pm »
Ignore

I'm supporting McCain, though if Clinton is the nominee there is a small chance this could change.  The only way I would support Obama over McCain is if McCain's choice for VP was absolutely horrible (Coburn would be one).

Michael Bloomberg for President.

Lol Winfield.  This quote is from a thread entitled "what do the following proceed to do if they are not nominated?"
Romney - President of Harvard
MSUfan
Jtfdem
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 04:30:40 pm »
Ignore

Just a FYI, Ohio is 14% unionized. Pretty high.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 04:30:52 am »
Ignore

According to Roll Call, among members of Congress:

1) Clinton currrently has 92 endorsements (12 senators; 80 representatives)

2) Obama currently has 73 endorsements (8 senators; 65 representatives)

http://www.rollcall.com/politics/endorsements.html

Dave

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 01:21:46 pm »
Ignore

Change to Win Endorsement:

Change To Win has officially decided to throw its endorsement behind Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), according to Anna Burger, the chair of the group.

"Change to Win is excited to announce the endorsement of Barack Obama for President. We are the unions that organize and mobilize working people and believe that we can make a huge difference on the ground in the upcoming primaries. Change To Win is the new labor movement, the labor movement of the 21st century and we are excited about our ability to make a difference."

Democratic National Committee Member Jason Rae:

CHICAGO, IL – Today, Democratic National Committee Member Jason Rae endorsed Barack Obama for president, citing his ability to bring new people, including record numbers of young voters, into the political process.  Rae, a twenty-one year old college student from Wisconsin, is the youngest superdelegate in the country.

Margaret D. Xifaras, DNC Member from Mass:

As Barack Obama keeps winning nomination contests, he also continues picking up support from superdelegates who could determine the Democratic nominee.

His campaign announced today that Margaret D. Xifaras, a Democratic National Committee member from Massachusetts, is in the fold.

Warren '16!
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 01:25:37 pm »
Ignore

Frank Jackson, the mayor of Cleveland, endorsed Obama.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 02:13:30 pm »
Ignore

Sen. Feingold (D-WI) and Rep. Steve Kagen (D-WI) to endorse Obama.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 02:24:13 pm »
Ignore

CHICAGO, IL – Today, Democratic National Committee Member Jason Rae endorsed Barack Obama for president, citing his ability to bring new people, including record numbers of young voters, into the political process.  Rae, a twenty-one year old college student from Wisconsin, is the youngest superdelegate in the country.

Chelsea couldn't swing it for her: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4273078
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 02:30:38 pm »
Ignore

Chelsea couldn't swing it for her: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4273078

They interviewed this kid on MSNBC a few weeks ago, atleast I think it was him.

Warren '16!
NHPolitico
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 03:19:18 pm »
Ignore

No coffee for Chelsea. Coffee's for closers.

"I like to help old ladies across the street. Sometimes they don't want to be helped. It's terrible." -- Barry Seinfeld
Don't tell me we can't change.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 04:26:16 pm »
Ignore

As far as applicable newspapers.....the Houston Chronicle endorsed him.
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 07:52:01 pm »
Ignore

ACORN Political Action Committee:

NEW ORLEANS, LA -- ACORN’s Political Action Committee today announced that it has endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for President.

ACORN PAC’s representatives went through an extensive process of interviewing each of the major Democratic candidates. ACORN is a national anti-poverty organization which has hundreds of thousands of members in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods in 104 cities.

Warren '16!
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 08:11:46 pm »
Ignore

ACORN Political Action Committee:

NEW ORLEANS, LA -- ACORN’s Political Action Committee today announced that it has endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for President.

ACORN PAC’s representatives went through an extensive process of interviewing each of the major Democratic candidates. ACORN is a national anti-poverty organization which has hundreds of thousands of members in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods in 104 cities.

Poor Obama.

n/c
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 08:19:22 pm »
Ignore

Weren't these the people that got into trouble for underpaying their staff a while ago?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 08:20:21 pm »
Ignore

Weren't these the people that got into trouble for underpaying their staff a while ago?

Maybe, but moreover they're the people responsible for the thousands of fraudulent registrations in King and Pierce counties.

They have a fairly rich history of corruption.

n/c
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 08:23:02 pm »
Ignore

Maybe,

Nate mentioned something along those lines to me a while ago (must be over a year now). Something hypocritical anyway.

but moreover they're the people responsible for the thousands of fraudulent registrations in King and Pierce counties.

They have a fairly rich history of corruption.

Charming.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 08:25:53 pm »
Ignore

To be fair, it was their minimum wage-level workers who are paid for every registration they fill.  But they certainly have too few checks and balances...it's quite nearly on the honors system, and they seem to like it that way.

Too many scandals surrounding ACORN.

But anyway...

n/c
Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:18 pm »
Ignore

Texas Newspaper Endorsements

Fort Worth Star-Telegram