Kerry's Royal Connections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry's Royal Connections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry's Royal Connections  (Read 2410 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2004, 10:15:47 AM »

LONDON (Reuters) - When it comes to American presidential elections, blue blood counts.

So say British researchers who predict Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites) will oust President Bush (news - web sites) on Nov. 2 simply because he boasts more royal connections than his Republican rival.

After months of research into Kerry's ancestry, Burke's Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported Monday that the Vietnam war veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe and can claim kinship with Czar Ivan "The Terrible," a previous Emperor of Byzantium and the Shahs of Persia.

Burke's director Harold Brooks-Baker said Kerry had his mother, Rosemary Forbes, to thank for most of his royal connections.

"Every maternal blood line of Kerry makes him more royal than any previous American president," Brooks-Baker said.

"Because of the fact that every presidential candidate with the most royal genes and chromosomes has always won the November presidential election, the coming election -- based on 42 previous presidents -- will go to John Kerry."

Similar research carried out on Bush ahead of the 2000 presidential race showed that he beat Al Gore (news - web sites) in the royal stakes, claiming kinship with Britain's Queen Elizabeth as well as with Kings Henry III and Charles II of England.

IN THE COMPANY OF KINGS

Kerry is a descendant of the former Kings of England, Henry III and Henry II and is distantly related to Richard the Lionheart, who led the third Crusade in 1189, according to Burke's.

He is also descended from Henry I, King of France and his wife, Anne of Kiev, giving him kinship with the royal houses of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the House of Rus.

Burke's research showed Kerry also has historical political connections in the United States.

He is closely related to John Winthrop, the first Massachusetts governor -- the state for which he is now a senator -- and his maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Robert Winthrop, who was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1847 to 1849.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 05:59:36 PM »

Interesting. It's just about as interesting as Bush and Kerry being distant cousins.

Ultimately though, none of Kerry's ancestry makes him better or worse than anyone else. The sins of the father do not pass onto the son, and neither do the accomplishments. It is up to Kerry to prove himself, and no amount of ancestry can help him do that.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 06:45:34 PM »

"Because of the fact that every presidential candidate with the most royal genes and chromosomes has always won the November presidential election, the coming election -- based on 42 previous presidents -- will go to John Kerry."

Really?  Andrew Jackson was more Royal than John Q. Adams?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 01:47:32 PM »

Interesting. It's just about as interesting as Bush and Kerry being distant cousins.

Ultimately though, none of Kerry's ancestry makes him better or worse than anyone else. The sins of the father do not pass onto the son, and neither do the accomplishments. It is up to Kerry to prove himself, and no amount of ancestry can help him do that.

I only posted this because I thought it was interesting, not because it means that one candidate is any better than the other.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 04:37:11 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2004, 04:45:29 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

LONDON (Reuters) - When it comes to American presidential elections, blue blood counts.

So say British researchers who predict Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites) will oust President Bush (news - web sites) on Nov. 2 simply because he boasts more royal connections than his Republican rival.

After months of research into Kerry's ancestry, Burke's Peerage, experts on British aristocracy, reported Monday that the Vietnam war veteran is related to all the royal houses of Europe and can claim kinship with Czar Ivan "The Terrible," a previous Emperor of Byzantium and the Shahs of Persia.

Burke's director Harold Brooks-Baker said Kerry had his mother, Rosemary Forbes, to thank for most of his royal connections.

"Every maternal blood line of Kerry makes him more royal than any previous American president," Brooks-Baker said.

Similar research carried out on Bush ahead of the 2000 presidential race showed that he beat Al Gore (news - web sites) in the royal stakes, claiming kinship with Britain's Queen Elizabeth as well as with Kings Henry III and Charles II of England.

IN THE COMPANY OF KINGS

Kerry is a descendant of the former Kings of England, Henry III and Henry II and is distantly related to Richard the Lionheart, who led the third Crusade in 1189, according to Burke's.

He is also descended from Henry I, King of France and his wife, Anne of Kiev, giving him kinship with the royal houses of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the House of Rus.

Burke's research showed Kerry also has historical political connections in the United States.

He is closely related to John Winthrop, the first Massachusetts governor -- the state for which he is now a senator -- and his maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Robert Winthrop, who was speaker of the House of Representatives from 1847 to 1849.

That's interesting, lol. Next Kerry will be telling us about how one of his ancestors was there in, by golly, 1066 when the Normans overran King Harold Godwineson's defenses to take the A-S crown! I'll bet Kerry has some spectacular insights into the events depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry as well and can varify many of them. Hey, Al Gore invented the Internet, why not? Smiley

No, it is interesting - I'm just being facetious.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 05:59:26 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2004, 06:00:06 PM by John Dibble »

I only posted this because I thought it was interesting, not because it means that one candidate is any better than the other.

Never implied you did, but the idea that someone's worth is proven through their ancestry is pure rubbish, and I merely wished to point that out.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 10:20:20 PM »

I don't expect anyones voting decision will be influenced by this information, and I'm sure Kerry won't campaign on it.  It is interesting, though.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 10:29:53 PM »

Bush is related to Princess Diana and the Spencer line.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies