Some Thoughts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Some Thoughts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Some Thoughts  (Read 2645 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2004, 04:48:13 AM »
« edited: August 18, 2004, 05:11:02 AM by Gabu »

Look, everybody calm down.  Nobody here is evil.  Nobody hates Atlasia.  We all want to serve its people and improve it.

The election starts August 20.  Today is August 18.  That means that we have two days to cut the negativity and start positive campaigning.

"Why should you be elected?"  "How will you benefit Atlasia if you are?"  "What do you have to offer?"  These are the questions which should be confronted.  Atlasians shouldn't have to be forced to simply vote for the least bad candidate.  They shouldn't shrug their shoulders as they go to the polls.  They should be proud of who they vote for.  They should be able to vote for a candidate and say, "Yes, this is an excellent candidate who has a great platform who I am proud to vote for."

Now, we have two days.  Let's have both sides here answer the three questions above without ever mentioning any other candidate or party.  This is your time.  This is your time to define yourself and put yourself forth to the people.  This is your time to tell the people, "This is who I am; this is why I'm here."  Don't squander it by talking about the other people.  We want to hear about you.  I'm sure that Texasgurl would make a great senator.  Let's hear why.  I'm also sure that Demrepdan would do a good job.  Let's hear why.

Since Demrepdan may be away for the remainder of the time prior to the election, I welcome and invite his supporters who know him well to make his case for him.  Texasgurl's supporters are welcome to campaign for her too.

Let's make Atlasia proud this August 20.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2004, 11:26:38 AM »

First, you should see Demrepdan and I's (me's?) joint speech at a 'Minnesota high school'.

That's one of the 'evidences' Smiley
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2004, 03:36:10 PM »

When i decided to run i thought it would be DemRepDan
vs TexasGurl not Hughento,Ilikeverin AND DemRepdan vs TexasGurl.
If Hughento had simply endorsed Demrepdan instead of taking the opportunity to take yet another swipe at me i would have never felt the need to fight back.
If Ilikeverin had let DemRepDan run on his own instead of feeling the need to try and do most of his campaigning for him this would have been a very dull and nice race.
This should have been DemRepDan's race to win or lose,
There is absolutely no reason for a party leader to be constantly butting into someone elses race.
DemRepDan will be gone until friday i think,so i will take the opportunity to let things calm down.

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2004, 07:08:09 PM »

Kids, this is all a game.

Its not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game.

Texasgurl, other members of the AFIP stepping out to support Demrepdan is part of the game.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I went through the same thing when I ran for this seat against Demrepdan, after you resigned.  I ended up pulling out of the race because I knew there was no chance I could win.

I don't know which one of you will win this particular contest; I think its very close, and could go either way.  Hang in there.  The best defense is a good offense- be positive.  Tell the voters why they should vote for you.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2004, 11:35:12 PM »

I'm bumping this topic since it seems to have been ignored by the voters.  If any voters have any questions, since there likely will not be a formal debate, feel free to ask them here.  I'm sure that either side would be glad to put forward their platform and tell you how they could benefit you if elected.
Demrepdan

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2004, 10:52:53 PM »

I'm back

Surprise, surprise.......
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 02:01:25 AM »

Why is this campaign filled with negative attacks? This is one of the worst races to watch.

They started it Grin Wink

Really, I haven't the faintest clue why.
No Hughento started it.

I did not, but I happily continued it. You seem to be on a crusade of lies in this campaign and I can only hope that I don't have to work with you in the senate. I will if I need to, for the good of Atlasia and the District, but trust me; it will be with much disquietude.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies