The Atlasian Watchguard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:44:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Watchguard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Atlasian Watchguard  (Read 8319 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »

I have decided to start my own newspaper The Atlasian Watchguard.

I made a promise to myself that if the Sensei/Rocky ticket lost the February 2008 Presidential Election, that I'd start my own newspaper and here it is.

Commentary on the recent elections will be featured in the coming days ahead. We will also be the first Atlasian Newspaper to have an exclusive interview with the President-Elect, Keystone Phil.

If you'd like to help out with the Watchguard, than just PM me.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

I look forward to reading the AW.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:03:16 AM »

As soon as we get a response from the President-Elect, we shall interview former Governor of the Mideast and two time Presidential candidate, Jack Polnut. That shall be an interesting interview and I am sure most of you will agree.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »

Did you get my PM?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »

I look forward to seeing this paper grow!
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:49 PM »

Yes I did Willy and you can help out with the Watchguard.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An exclusive interview with the President-elect Keystone Phil

Rocky: How do you think you won this Election?

Keystone Phil: I think Ebowed and I won because of our committment to real change in Atlasia. We also stressed our extensive experience here, making it clear that the voters wouldn't be electing ignorant amatuers. We kept going despite poll results and efforts from others to block us from conversing with the people. It took patience and persistence and, in the end, it paid off.

Rocky: Are you surprised at the fact that you were elected President of the Republic now (February 2008) instead of the Glory Day Era of 2005/2006?

Keystone Phil: I am not surprised that I was elected now as opposed to winning during the "Glory Era." The "Glory Era" was a great time but with a fair amount of influence from elites and I was not their kind of guy. I was also relatively new compared to those who had patiently "waited their turn" to run and win. I am one of the few still around who lived during that time and with Atlasia begging for that type of Atlasia again, it comes as no surprise that I'd be turned to now.

Rocky: We know that when then Senator Colin Wixted was elected President in June of last year, he introduced many many reforms. Do you plan to be a reformist President?

Keystone Phil: I plan to be reformist in the sense that I want to restore real power to the people. During the "Glory Era," people were more active and willing to press for change. I want to encourage that spirit among the people whether they agree or disagree with my decisions.

Rocky: Speaking of President Wixted, how would you grade the Wixted Presidency? Would it be high up there with the likes of President Porce and PBrunsel or the lows of Siege40?

Keystone Phil: I think President Colin did a fine job. He's a good man. However, I don't necessarily agree with his style. All in all, I'd give the Wixted Presidency a passing grade.

Rocky: Do you have any plans to keep the current Wixted Cabinet or have a completely new one? If so, is there anyone in particular you would like in your Cabinet? Will the Cabinet be influencial in policy decisions in your Presidency?

Keystone Phil: I will be announcing my Cabinet in the very near future. I have kept my comments on the Cabinet very limited and would like to keep it that way. Stay tuned, Atlasia.

Rocky: Thank you for your time Phil, we wish you all the best as President of the Republic.

Keystone Phil: Thank you for having me Rocky, it's been a pleasure.

Stay tuned Atlasia because next time we'll have former Governor of the Mideast and two timing Presidential candidate Jack Polnut with us.

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »

Rocky: Speaking of President Wixted, how would you grade the Wixted Presidency? Would it be high up there with the likes of President Porce and PBrunsel or the lows of Siege40?

Hey, nothing was wrong with Siege's Presidency. In fact I liked it because he rubber stamped everything we (the Senate) did! Grin
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »

The only REALLY bad president was Lawrence.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »

How would you know?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »

he's gonna say "the wiki"
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »

Actually, Dr. Cynic said so himself.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:19 PM »

Hey, nothing was wrong with Siege's Presidency. In fact I liked it because he rubber stamped everything we (the Senate) did! Grin

I was only going by historical approval ratings Smiley.

What do you guys think thus far? I'll post commentary on the Elections after I complete my Assignment on Pol Pot.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:29 PM »

I like it. Good and Good Luck!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 12:04:21 AM »

We really can't judge you until you get in a fully active swing with the news. Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »

I think it's great so far.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

Hey!  I take offense to that.  My first administration was pretty bad, in my opinion.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 04:54:37 PM »

Atlasian Watchguard
Election Wrapup

Keystone Phil wins Presidential Race

In one of the biggest shocks in Atlasian history, former Vice President and Northeast regional Senator, Keystone Phil of Pennsylvania has defeated incumbent Vice President Jas, Senator Sensei and the joke write in candidacy of Gporter. Campaigning on experience, the ticket of Keystone Phil/Porce manged to win over a number of Jas' supporters in the 3rd and final round of voting and won by a 15 point margin over the ticket of Sensei/Rocky.

The President's first task will be to select a cabinet. This has caused some controversy in the last couple of days, with former Senator Mike Naso, putting his hand up for the Lewis Trondheim's position of Secretary of Forum Affairs. However Mr. Naso later retracted his statement and has been selected as President Phil's Chief of Staff. Former Senator NixonNow has also been confirmed as Press Secretary, dispite the President-Elect, correcting him three times already.

Jesus Christ Party Lives?

Senator Friz could well be the Jesus Christ Party's last Senator (we think) after it's predicted that he'll win over Two-time senatorial candidate Xahar (PLP-CA). As we go to print, incumbent Senator Friz is leading Xahar 6-2, a huge turn around from last weeks 4-4 tie which resulted in this weeks run-off election. Will Friz be active in the next session of the Atlasian Senate? Only time will tell.

In other the Senatorial races which took place last weekend, incumbent Northeast regional Senator Verily won by a landslide 19-1-1, new comer meekermariner defeated Judge of the Mideast MasterJedi 6-4-1, in the Mideast former Senator Hughento defeated incumbent Senator Speed of Sound 6-1 and Write In candidate Sam Spade defeated "Cookies and Milk" 4-3-1.

More to Come Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »

In one of the biggest shocks in Atlasian history,

Um... no? Really, really no.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 05:30:09 PM »

It was shocking, Al, and I don't mean to toot my own horn by I can't think of many other election results that were more surprising.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »

I wasn't even slightly surprised, therefore no one else should be Smiley
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »

This "resurrection" wasn't so much a JCP turnaround as much as it was a Xahar meltdown.  People who voted for him in the general voted against him in the runoff, and I'm guessing his more-arrogant-than-fu** attitude had something to do with it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »

Oh? Seriously? Interesting.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »

Remember the nasty goings on within lefty-land in the runup to the election? That's why.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »

This "resurrection" wasn't so much a JCP turnaround as much as it was a Xahar meltdown.  People who voted for him in the general voted against him in the runoff, and I'm guessing his more-arrogant-than-fu** attitude had something to do with it.

Me meltdown? The JCP machine realized it needed to start working.

And I was too arrogant. So? If you had done what I did, you would have been arrogant too. And tell me that half of the Friz voters actually read that thread.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies