The Atlasian Watchguard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:25:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Watchguard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Watchguard  (Read 8390 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« on: February 25, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »

I have decided to start my own newspaper The Atlasian Watchguard.

I made a promise to myself that if the Sensei/Rocky ticket lost the February 2008 Presidential Election, that I'd start my own newspaper and here it is.

Commentary on the recent elections will be featured in the coming days ahead. We will also be the first Atlasian Newspaper to have an exclusive interview with the President-Elect, Keystone Phil.

If you'd like to help out with the Watchguard, than just PM me.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:03:16 AM »

As soon as we get a response from the President-Elect, we shall interview former Governor of the Mideast and two time Presidential candidate, Jack Polnut. That shall be an interesting interview and I am sure most of you will agree.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:49 PM »

Yes I did Willy and you can help out with the Watchguard.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An exclusive interview with the President-elect Keystone Phil

Rocky: How do you think you won this Election?

Keystone Phil: I think Ebowed and I won because of our committment to real change in Atlasia. We also stressed our extensive experience here, making it clear that the voters wouldn't be electing ignorant amatuers. We kept going despite poll results and efforts from others to block us from conversing with the people. It took patience and persistence and, in the end, it paid off.

Rocky: Are you surprised at the fact that you were elected President of the Republic now (February 2008) instead of the Glory Day Era of 2005/2006?

Keystone Phil: I am not surprised that I was elected now as opposed to winning during the "Glory Era." The "Glory Era" was a great time but with a fair amount of influence from elites and I was not their kind of guy. I was also relatively new compared to those who had patiently "waited their turn" to run and win. I am one of the few still around who lived during that time and with Atlasia begging for that type of Atlasia again, it comes as no surprise that I'd be turned to now.

Rocky: We know that when then Senator Colin Wixted was elected President in June of last year, he introduced many many reforms. Do you plan to be a reformist President?

Keystone Phil: I plan to be reformist in the sense that I want to restore real power to the people. During the "Glory Era," people were more active and willing to press for change. I want to encourage that spirit among the people whether they agree or disagree with my decisions.

Rocky: Speaking of President Wixted, how would you grade the Wixted Presidency? Would it be high up there with the likes of President Porce and PBrunsel or the lows of Siege40?

Keystone Phil: I think President Colin did a fine job. He's a good man. However, I don't necessarily agree with his style. All in all, I'd give the Wixted Presidency a passing grade.

Rocky: Do you have any plans to keep the current Wixted Cabinet or have a completely new one? If so, is there anyone in particular you would like in your Cabinet? Will the Cabinet be influencial in policy decisions in your Presidency?

Keystone Phil: I will be announcing my Cabinet in the very near future. I have kept my comments on the Cabinet very limited and would like to keep it that way. Stay tuned, Atlasia.

Rocky: Thank you for your time Phil, we wish you all the best as President of the Republic.

Keystone Phil: Thank you for having me Rocky, it's been a pleasure.

Stay tuned Atlasia because next time we'll have former Governor of the Mideast and two timing Presidential candidate Jack Polnut with us.

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:19 PM »

Rocky: Speaking of President Wixted, how would you grade the Wixted Presidency? Would it be high up there with the likes of President Porce and PBrunsel or the lows of Siege40?

Hey, nothing was wrong with Siege's Presidency. In fact I liked it because he rubber stamped everything we (the Senate) did! Grin

I was only going by historical approval ratings Smiley.

What do you guys think thus far? I'll post commentary on the Elections after I complete my Assignment on Pol Pot.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 04:54:37 PM »

Atlasian Watchguard
Election Wrapup

Keystone Phil wins Presidential Race

In one of the biggest shocks in Atlasian history, former Vice President and Northeast regional Senator, Keystone Phil of Pennsylvania has defeated incumbent Vice President Jas, Senator Sensei and the joke write in candidacy of Gporter. Campaigning on experience, the ticket of Keystone Phil/Porce manged to win over a number of Jas' supporters in the 3rd and final round of voting and won by a 15 point margin over the ticket of Sensei/Rocky.

The President's first task will be to select a cabinet. This has caused some controversy in the last couple of days, with former Senator Mike Naso, putting his hand up for the Lewis Trondheim's position of Secretary of Forum Affairs. However Mr. Naso later retracted his statement and has been selected as President Phil's Chief of Staff. Former Senator NixonNow has also been confirmed as Press Secretary, dispite the President-Elect, correcting him three times already.

Jesus Christ Party Lives?

Senator Friz could well be the Jesus Christ Party's last Senator (we think) after it's predicted that he'll win over Two-time senatorial candidate Xahar (PLP-CA). As we go to print, incumbent Senator Friz is leading Xahar 6-2, a huge turn around from last weeks 4-4 tie which resulted in this weeks run-off election. Will Friz be active in the next session of the Atlasian Senate? Only time will tell.

In other the Senatorial races which took place last weekend, incumbent Northeast regional Senator Verily won by a landslide 19-1-1, new comer meekermariner defeated Judge of the Mideast MasterJedi 6-4-1, in the Mideast former Senator Hughento defeated incumbent Senator Speed of Sound 6-1 and Write In candidate Sam Spade defeated "Cookies and Milk" 4-3-1.

More to Come Smiley
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »

We do indeed.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2008, 11:35:57 PM by Rockefeller Republican »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with Mr. Jack Polnut

Rocky: You dropped out of last February's Presidential Election after a series of attacks on your campaign, which mostly came from the "Establishment" of Atlasia. Do you believe they have too much control in Atlasian Politics.

Polnut: I didn't drop out because of attacks on my campaign - I left the race because of the personal nature of the attacks from my political opponents. I knew I would likely be facing an unfriendly Senate, and wanted to make sure our agenda had the best chance of succeeding. I thought my exit would make that easier. It certainly wasn't my preferred option, but I did what I thought was best.

All political systems have elites, or an establishment. I don't think that concept in all is bad. However, sometimes, that evolves into a entitlement sensation, when people forget that no matter what their history their vote is worth as much as anyone elses. Some were quick to discount this idea, but I don't think I've experienced such a level of condescention in Atlasia. It would've been nice that certain individuals were to bring their concerns to me at the time, rather than having some sort of breakdown. I admitted my errors as Mideast Governor, especially very early on, but some just could not let it go. What makes it worse is that I was told by others that this person held this feeling for some time before the election, but chose not to raise it with me, and only made it public when I was doing so well in the progressive primary. I'm sorry if that sounds like bitterness, and I don't mean it to, but I wanted it to be known than I think a side of Atlasia was uncovered in the election camapaign. New blood is not encouraged, unless you have already been vetted and approved. Anytime, any group feels entitled to consider their view more important and relevant is the time when  that group has too much power. We'll see what the future holds.

Rocky: Upon your withdrawal from the Presidential race, you left Atlasian permanently. Why did you decide to leave Atlasia? Do you ever plan to return?

Polnut: I'm leaving Atlasia officially on March 21. I really thought whether Atlasia was what I felt it should be, mostly an enjoyable experience, but more and more it's more about over-sized and over-active egos. Certain elements of this are pretty much unavoidable, and that's ok. But what's been going on is sad, and not reflective of what I want from Atlasia. That's part of the reason that I wanted to run for President, to sweep out the old guard and bring a new energy to Atlasian politics. After that date, I don't see myself returning in any significant capacity.

Rocky: As we know Keystone Phil was elected President of Atlasia in February, defeating Jas and Sensei for the top job. Were you surprised that he was elected? Why do you you think Phil was elected?

Polnut: I think like most people I was shocked. I think an electoral combination of JCP groupthink, and second preferences from "anti-" voters for the other two tickets, gave him that much needed boost.

Rocky: Continuing on the subject of President Phil, what do you think about his cabinet choices? If you had have stayed in the Presidential race, would you have kept Lewis as Secretary of Forum Affairs?

Polnut: I respect the right Phil has as the duly elected President to nominate whomever he wishes to be on his cabinet. I have some concerns about one choice, but in the end that's up to him and the Senate. If I was elected I had three choices for SoFA, one was Lewis.

Rocky:  Do you agree with the Supreme Court's actions to overturn Keystone Phil's ban, due to the Jessica Weinstien incident.

Polnut: I do have some concerns with this. If Phil were ineligible to serve as president, then the election should have been re-run with only the other three candidates. But importantly, I don't know under what specific authority the president acted. In the law, what the people want, and what should happen are two different things.

Rocky: Do you believe that the Progressive Liberal Party is in safe hands under the reigns of Sensei and Xahar? Despite, in my view, underperforming in the February Elections?

Polnut: Sensei has shown he cares about the future of the PLP, and the election to replace me as Vice-Chairman was well contested. The party didn't do as well as it could have, but it we did get a PLP senator in the Pacific, and I think with a less screwy election we should do well.

Rocky: Is there anyone in the world of Atlasia, you'd like to see run in June 2008 for the Presidency?

Polnut: There are plenty of new faces who could do very well, yourself, Sensei should definitely give it another try, Mr Moderate. What it comes down to it knowing what you stand for.

Rocky: Thank You for your time Mr. Polnut

Polnut: Always a pleasure
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with Mr. Jack Polnut

Rocky:  Do you agree with then President Colin Wixted's actions to pardon Keystone Phil? Even though he was banned from holding any form of Atlasian office for 6 months, due to the Jessica Weinstien incident.

Polnut: I do have some concerns with this. If Phil were ineligible to serve as president, then the election should have been re-run with only the other three candidates. But importantly, I don't know under what specific authority the president acted. In the law, what the people want, and what should happen are two different things.

Wow. The misinformation campaign is now bordering on libel.

I won my appeal in the Supreme Court. I wasn't pardoned. Unbelievable.

So you did. My mistake.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 02:51:36 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2008, 03:05:10 AM by Barry Zuckerkorn »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with District 5 Senator Culture King

Rocky: Why did you choose to join the PLP originally?

Culture King: I originally joined the PLP mainly because of Sensei. I had looked to the parties of Atlasia and to whom I agreed with the most and whom I held in the highest regard and I felt that while progressive Sensei also held practical views that were not too far to the left in the political spectrum. My choices at the time were to either join the PLP or the JCP as I was able to recognize that they both had very similar ideologies, I joined the PLP in part because I thought it would be fun to not be part of the the dominating party of the Pacific.

Rocky: Was your decision to join the JCP simply opportunism, as some have suggested?

Culture King: During the last senatorial election I made the decision that if I campaigned hard and was elected I would stay with the PLP. If not then I would join the JCP. It turned out that there were very few votes and I managed to lose (against a candidate who had no campaign and would eventually resign the seat). That is not to say however that there was not any opportunism in my act. Before the senate election to replace Ebowed Bgwah had invited me to run for the seat, but as a JCP candidate. I had decided to run for the seat against the machine and see what would happen under ideal circumstances but if that failed, meh, I could change registration and run again later. It turned out that I would get the senate seat earlier than I had thought (I never asked Bgwah to give me the seat, he simply appointed me to it after I changed registration). Also I guess I was a little put off by Xarhar blaming me for his lost bid against Friz. The JCP has been kind to me and I am happy that I can be a functioning member of the party. I hope I can still maintain good relations with the PLP, whom I still hold in high regard because I see the PLP and the JCP as partners in a march towards a progressive Atlasia.

Rocky: Do you plan to run for reëlection?

Culture King: I do plan to run for reelection, and I will offer up my views and stances up to the voters, if they agree and believe I will represent them well then I would be glad to serve.

Rocky: What do you want to do in the Senate?

Culture King: Really I would like to be an active voice for the Pacific, for that is what is presently needed. I will be frank and say that I am not the most experienced member of the senate and as such much of this term will be a learning experience, though hopefully I will be able to introduce legislation that can have a positive influence on Atlasia.

Rocky: What issues are important to you?

Culture King: I have two issues of major importance, the environment and education. I believe that everything must be done to protect the environment. I see it as very selfish to not place a high value on the health of our planet, there are many who will come after us and it is our responsibility to make sure the world is in good shape for future generations. Also there is education, which I see as a solution to many of the problems facing Atlasia today. With a proper education system we can help future generations deal with health care, crime rates, and the economy. I guess looking at things I prefer long-term solutions over short term fixes.

Rocky: How do you feel about the current administration?

Culture King: I feel that it is too early to make a clear judgement, though I will say that the promised unity has not yet come to fruit. That being said I wish the administration the best of luck in confronting problems currently facing Atlasia.

Rocky: Thank You for your time Senator Smiley

Culture King: Thank you for your time and the opportunity.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with Mideast Governor Happy Warrior

Rocky: Why are you running for the Atlasian Senate?

Happy Warrior: Simply put I feel that I would bring a very bipartisan air to the Senate.  I am probably one of the most moderate members of my own party and have consistantly worked across party and ideological lines.  I for example have largely been a steadfast support of President Phil's choices, though I have of course disagreed with some of them.

Rocky: If elected into the Senate this April, what do you plan to do?

Happy Warrior: Well first I hope to push for agricultural reforms(mainly in the area of subsidies) and make a few of my Mideast reforms national, as well as workers rights.  I also plan to try to grow more involved in foreign affairs.(As can be seen from my work with the SOEA)

Rocky: If you were a member of the current Senate, how would you have voted on the MAS nomination for Attorney-General? And consequently the nomination of your former Lieutenant Governor Peter Bell?

Happy Warrior: Well in the case of MAS I would have most likely voted yes, in no small part due to his excellent work as Governor of the Northeast.  For Peter Bell I would of course support him as one of Atlasia's formost scholars in constitutional law.

Rocky: When you leave the Governor's office at the end of your second term, how would you assess your Governorship?

Happy Warrior: I feel I have had a strong gubernatorial term(despite a few mishaps).  Of course a few times made mistakes such as the cloning and term limits propositions which I have since reounced.  However I think I have made great strides for the common Mideasterner with things like the anti union busting act and mixed ethnicity bill.

Rocky: Recently you have declined to run for re-election as Governor of the Mideast. Former Governor Inks and Lieutenant Governor Constine are running for the position, who do you plan to endorse for the governorship and why?

Happy Warrior: I have at the moment not decided.  Both are excellent candidates.  Inks is extremely experienced and reliable while ben is more in line with my own and the region's ideological views.  However I have worries of Inks's views clashing with Mideastern voters's.  Meanwhile ben wants to try such far left ideas as the cloning act and term limits again.  They have been voted down once, why try again?  I have long ago renounced both personally.

Rocky: If you are not elected this April into the Atlasian Senate, would you consider a possible run for the Presidency or the Vice Presidency?

Happy Warrior: I do not think I am yet ready for the presidency of Atlasia, though I may run as Vice President with a candidate if the chance arises.  Most likely if I lose I will devote my time to more scholarly pursuits, maybe write a book.  Though I plan to make ANN active again.

Rocky: Thank You for your time Senator

HappyWarrior: Thanks for your time Smiley

If you would like to be interviewed by Rocky PM him Here
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies